help with interior issues...PLEASE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, help with interior issues...PLEASE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; hello all, I'm a Cadillac newb soi hope my questions aren't too goofy or redundant. I have just recently purchased ...
    cadillacnewbie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 cadillac deville

help with interior issues...PLEASE

hello all, I'm a Cadillac newb soi hope my questions aren't too goofy or redundant. I have just recently purchased a 1993 sedan Deville and really just bought it because a car is a must where i live. But after reading these forums i'm thinking it'll be worth it to put a little money into it. now, question 1: what can i use to repair the rips in my leather and vinyl(the leather is BAD, looks really old)
    2: how do i find out what center caps will fit my tires?
    3: what do i use to clean bumpers I dont know if they are chrome or what( kinda silly i know)
    4:what's the best product to use to bring my paint job back from hell, the car sat outside for 3 years in the harsh minnesota weather.
    5 where can i find the old school vogue tires for cheap.
    thanks in advance to everyone, this is an awesome community so i know i'll get led in the right direction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Re: help with interior issues...PLEASE

1) Don't buy old tires, especially Vogues. It is actually illegal to sell a tire that is over 8 years old because they rapidly degrade and the belts start to separate.

2) For center caps just go on ebay. Any center cap from '91-'93 will fit your car as long as the caps did not come off a Touring sedan.

3) Any type of chrome or metal polish will make those bumpers shine like new.

4) For the paint you are going to need to do a lot of buffing with a few different compounds. www.autogeek.net Start reading.

5) There are leather repair kits available on the market. The consist of some glue type stuff that can be dyed to match the existing leather and then used to hold the rips shut. Google leather repair and read what comes up.

iowasevillests is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 Cadillac Seville STS 73k Miles, '90 Chevy 1500 Reg Cab

The above is dead on, start with Autogeek.net for all things car cleaning related, it'll give you great information and an idea of whats out there, even if you don't buy from them. If the paint is as bad as you say I would consider a powered DA Buffer/Polisher and save all the elbow work. You'll probably need to spend another 50 bucks at least on pads on top of the cost of the buffer, which can run from 50 to 250, so it might be something to put on the wish list and get in the future. Spend some time in this part of the forum and you'll be able to get an idea of what other people have tried.

And Welcome to the forum!

cadillacnewbie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 cadillac deville

thanks guys, your input is valued. I'm sorry dirt cheap, i didnt ask the question right. i dont want to buy OLD tires I just meant old SCHOOL. My brother and father have always bought Vogue tires and they seem to really make the car stand out if you like some nice shoes on your car. they're just really expensive like 700 plus dollars for a set of four.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Vogues are way overpriced IMO. You can get a better tire for less than half the price. Vogues do not have very good traction or wear ratings and the ride is surprisingly harsh for a "Luxury Tire". I have Goodyear Assurance ComforTred tires ($75 each) on my Fleetwood and the ride improved 200% over my old tires.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.