2003 Cadillac CTS Billet Grille Emblem Bracket!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, 2003 Cadillac CTS Billet Grille Emblem Bracket! in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I tried purchasing a billet grille emblem mounting bracket from the after market shops that sell the grilles. They wouldn't ...
    Awesome1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS

2003 Cadillac CTS Billet Grille Emblem Bracket!

I tried purchasing a billet grille emblem mounting bracket from the after market shops that sell the grilles. They wouldn't even reply to my email messages. So, I decided to fabricate my own mounting bracket. The 1st picture is of the mounting plate with the Gold Plated Wreath and Crest emblems sitting on the plate. The plate is just sanded in the picture, however, it is now at the Chrome Shop for Chrome Plating. The 2nd picture is the bottom view of the plate illustrating how it mounts to the grille. I simply welded two U bolts to the plate. The U bolts will contact the center vertical grille support and be bolted to it from the back side of the grille. The 3rd picture illustrates how I had to weld the U bolts on an angle to conform to the angle of the grille bars. The 4th picture is a side view of the plate illustrating a slight bend in the plate which conforms to the bends in the Wreath and Crest. And the 5th picture is of my 2003 Cadillac CTS billet grille that the emblem will be mounted to. I purchased the grille from Auto Parts Palace. It took about 3 hours to fabricate the mounting plate. All the material was purchased from City Mill Hardware. I purchased the Gold Plated Emblem Kit from Ebay. The kit contains the Wreath and Crest for the grille and the trunk lid. It also has the CTS emblem for the trunk lid. And it has two 1" X 1" square emblems with the letters GM on them. I think these mount to the lower side of the front fenders close to the doors if I'm not mistaken. Hope you like the design. Thanks for looking, Tommy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, install a sound system
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2003 Cadillac CTS Billet Grille Emblem Bracket!

Clever work, and sure is one way to mount the crest in the grille.

Two criticisms, though.........

1. Gold will look funny against all the aluminum/chrome. Go with the chrome shield and wreath.

2. If you ever drive in rain, mud, snow, salt, those mild steel U-bols, straps, and nuts will begin weeping rust in a heartbeat.

You can find s/s hardware at West Marine or Boater's World.

Quote Originally Posted by submariner409 View Post
    Clever work, and sure is one way to mount the crest in the grille.

Two criticisms, though.........

1. Gold will look funny against all the aluminum/chrome. Go with the chrome shield and wreath.

2. If you ever drive in rain, mud, snow, salt, those mild steel U-bols, straps, and nuts will begin weeping rust in a heartbeat.

You can find s/s hardware at West Marine or Boater's World.
    Here in Hawaii, we don't have to worry about being exposed to snow, just rain. The entire plate and U bolts are being Chrome Plated at the Chrome Shop. So, I doubt that it will rust out. After I install it, I will post a picture to see what the finish product looks like. Thanks for your concerns and support, Tommy.

Re: 2003 Cadillac CTS Billet Grille Emblem Mounting Plate!

Well, here is the finish product after Chrome Plating the mounting plate. Looks pretty good to me. Thanks for looking, Tommy.

cadillacnick99sls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

looks good

ifmracin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 STS 1SF

I'm interested in seeing this mounted to the grille.
    As I see it here it's going to stick out because of the thickness of the mounting hardware (u bolts) used. Might not be the smooth clean look that you were going for.

2003 Cadillac CTS Billet Grille Mounting Plate Installed!

Sorry I took so long. I was away on a trip, so I could not install the emblem mounting plate until I got back yesterday. I posted 3 pictures. The 1st picture is a front view displaying both grilles and the emblem mouting plate which I fabricated. The 2nd picture is also a front side view of which the plate is flush up against the grille and the U bolts are not even seen. The 3rd picture is of the rear view of the grille showing how the U bolts are bolted to the grille. This was a close up shot, so only one of the U bolts is seen in the picture. The other U bolt is higher up out of view. It looks pretty good to me. Hope you like it. Thank you for looking, Tommy.

Cadillacon22s is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 93 Seville, 93 Fleetwood and a 96 Eldorado

Looks great, it really make the grill pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillacon22s View Post
    Looks great, it really make the grill pop.
    Thanks, I appreciate your comment!

GT!
    GT! is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Silver 2010 Sedan 3.6 AWD

Looks like it is mounted a little crooked, no? Looks to me like it is a minute or two before the 12-noon position.

-GT

Quote Originally Posted by GT! View Post
    Looks like it is mounted a little crooked, no? Looks to me like it is a minute or two before the 12-noon position.

-GT
    Yes, what happened was, when I placed the Wreath and Crest on the mounting plate, I positioned them wrong. The Wreath is slightly to the right, and the Crest is slightly to the left like you said. I'll see if I can re-adjust the mounting plate to make it look a little better. Thanks for your input, Tommy.

Ok, I straightened it out a little. Looks better now. Thank you, Tommy.

djc974023 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cadillac cts

that looks fresh would you be willing to make a second 1 and sell it to me?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.