Anyone else handwash the Lac yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Anyone else handwash the Lac yet? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Today was the first 50 degree day here in Cleveland in a while so I took advantage. I just got ...
    CaptainFishpond is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 99 DeVille (Grace Slick)

Anyone else handwash the Lac yet?

Today was the first 50 degree day here in Cleveland in a while so I took advantage. I just got the car back from the body shop earlier in the week and am soooooo happy to have it back. I was out there earlier, with probably over a foot of snow on the ground, hand washing the Lac. I was wondering if anyone else in a cold state has had the chance to get out there and do the same.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Re: Anyone else handwash the Lac yet?

I am in New Jersey ~ 4 miles otta Newark. I do not wash outside until we have a 54 degree day, or higher, which is usually in Mid-April.
    From Mid-November until Mid-April I go to a hand wash, where one has to make an appointment - the owner does my car and it takes about 90 minutes. We are old friends and we BS alot, while he's doing it. $25.00 Incl. $5.00 "tip"

It's an "O.K" job. Not nearly as good as I do, but waaay better than a
    "we'll beat the dickings outta your car with our all automated machine roller derby car wash" place.

Brizzal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

i get to wash my car anyday gotta love florida winters

05RamHeim is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 SLS

Hiram, Ohio here. Washed the SLS yesterday looks a lot better with all that road slim off of it. Cars only been back on the road less than a week. I just finished up the head gasket job on the northstar and some misalliances repairs.

caddolicious is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS DI AWD

Haha,

It seems that many guys in northern regions suffer the same anxiety I do when it comes to not being able to wash their car in the winter. It seems ironic that the season that imparts the most damage to your car's finish is the season that you cannot physically wash it yourself.

I cringe everytime I see the salt stains on the side panels of the car. What really erks me, is that right after spending the $5-6 on the self serve wash, you drive the car home and it is covered in salt again, as if you never washed it. I am truly jealous of you guys in the south (that, and you have fantastic all-you-can-eat buffets!).

In the winter, I just make do with the self-serve booths and only use the power washer. I'm afraid to touch the surface of car with anything but water because it might scratch the clear coat. I do this about once a week.

Any of you guys have special winter cleaning tricks? (sorry, do not intend to hijack the thread).

RogersV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Crystal Red, Auto

Arm Rest Removal

Can anyone clue me in concerning the removal of the rear center drop down arm rest on a 2009 CTS-V? I'm looking to have it embroidered and don't want to take more apart than needed. Also, I'm assuming the head rests just pull up and disengage. TIA, Roger

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Did the truck today, car tomorrow. Arms feel like lead. More bourbon.....

cadillacnick99sls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainFishpond View Post
    Today was the first 50 degree day here in Cleveland in a while so I took advantage. I just got the car back from the body shop earlier in the week and am soooooo happy to have it back. I was out there earlier, with probably over a foot of snow on the ground, hand washing the Lac. I was wondering if anyone else in a cold state has had the chance to get out there and do the same.
    checked weather sat night saids warm and partly cloudy sun. out 9am washing and waxing the pimpdaddy caddy. in the middle of taking off the wax a good ole sun shower beeaaauuutttiiiffuull. car got dried off and waxed second time.here are some pics.
    Attached Images

Looks very very nice.

cody8099 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1997 Eldorado (RIP)

i live in medina ohio, and i was able to wash the eldorado today. looks great till i go to work tonight

PA93STS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1993 Seville STS

noone uses the touchless car wash during the winter? i go through atleast once a week. you get the undercarriage spray, the blow drying at the end, and they clean your wheels up pretty good to! thats at getgos wetgo..

i hand washed it two days ago though and nothing can beat that.. then it rained yesterday! 64 degrees here in pittsburgh today....

I use the laserwash when I can, but when ever its warm enough to wash you have to wait an hour in line.

68 in Cleveland, by the way.

Yuben Pimpslapt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville, 1991 Fleetwood (RIP)

I'm here in rainy, cold Seattle (Lynnwood to be specific) and we get about 60 sunny days a year here. BUT, if it isn't raining, I'm usually outside cleaning the Caddy. Just hand washed her yesterday and took some pics. I just NEED to get them on an image host so I can show her to ya.

P.S. STUPID QUESTION (please forgive), anyone know a good image host you'd recommend so I can finally post my Caddy?

Yuben Pimpslapt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Deville, 1991 Fleetwood (RIP)

Thumbs up Re: Anyone else handwash the Lac yet?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacnick99sls View Post
    checked weather sat night saids warm and partly cloudy sun. out 9am washing and waxing the pimpdaddy caddy. in the middle of taking off the wax a good ole sun shower beeaaauuutttiiiffuull. car got dried off and waxed second time.here are some pics.
    BTW cadillacnick99sls, very, very nice ride!! I love the DTS wheels not to mention the Vogues!

cadillacnick99sls is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Wink Re: Anyone else handwash the Lac yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Yuben Pimpslapt View Post
    BTW cadillacnick99sls, very, very nice ride!! I love the DTS wheels not to mention the Vogues!
    Thanks, alot of love and money gone into this car

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.