'97 ETC Detailing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, '97 ETC Detailing in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Alright, I now have everything I need to make my Eldo gleam, not that it doesn't already but I really ...
    cfleldo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

'97 ETC Detailing

Alright, I now have everything I need to make my Eldo gleam, not that it doesn't already but I really love this car and figure it deserves the extra efforts. Here's what she looks like in her current state..

Here's what I have to get it done!

For the Interior..

For the Exterior...

I wash with Pinnacle Body Work Shampoo every week, so tomorrow night after work I'm going a) to the beer store b) to the wash then c) home to start the long and intensive process of making her shine.
    I'll post pics of the process one step at a time as I go. The weather here in Central Florida is cooperating for a change so I shouldn't have a problem there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neverstuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: '97 ETC Detailing

yeah the central florida weather barely wants to cooperate ..thank god I do all my work in the garage ,plus in deltona Im worried bout mine being stolen.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Ol' Max at www.autogeek.net must really love you........

Looks practically identical to my pile of goodies......you'll be most impressed with the final result. (That Polishin'Pal is really handy for bits and pieces and small stuff.)

Take the time to thoroughly clean the pads and they'll last a long time. Warm water and pad cleaner.

jeffrsmith is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '99 SLS, '05 Deville, '87 Porsche 944

cfleldo - Was that a kit that you purchased or did you have to select all those different products individually?

You guys that are into the detailing - How do you know what to buy to do a good job?

I spent several hours reading posts about different polishes, washes, waxes, etc., then I went to some of the online sites and watched some videos and did more reading. There is so much available it makes my head swim. I want to pick up some "reasonable priced" detailing products but not sure just what to buy.

Thanks

Jeffr-
    Hey man, I started out with a Meguiar's Clay Bar Kit and some Nano-Tech Wax, and I was really dissapointed. That's when I decided to go all out. I can't remember how I stumbled across Autogeek but they have an immense selection of detailing products, and the good thing is alot of them are available in kits, in alot of different price ranges. I first got the Pinnacle Interior Kit, then the Menzerna 2-step polishing kit, and then the Wolfgang-Pinnacle Souveran Kit, and then one of the Pad Kits, and then the Porter Cable 7424 and Polishin' Pal.. Did I absolutely need all of this? Of course not! Did I want it? Hell Yes!! I get pretty obsessive about certain things. I didn't get the time last weekend to detail but hopefully Friday night/Saturday I'll get it all done. I'll just have to stop for the Georgia/Florida game... Go Gators!!

Oh yeah, what you need to do a good job depends on the condition of your paint and then how much time you want to spend. The paint on my car is very swirled and heavily marred from water spots, mineral deposits, and other goodies. That's why I decided to go with a polishing compound and work my way up. If your paint looks good you might just want to go with a clay bar-cleaning polish-wax. I'll take detailed close-ups of before and after and it might give you a better idea of what you need.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Autogeek has a decent CD on detailing.......everything from washing, drying, clay bar, swirl polish, wax. $6.95.

Wheew! I spent all day Sunday getting a good start at the detailing. I got as far as the hood. I underestimated how obsessive I was going to get trying to get past the haze and water spots, and the hood was dominated by above said. I'll take pics after I completely finish but the initial impression is . Oh yeah, if anyone plans on spending $200 or more at www.autogeek.net from now until the end of the month, pop in the code AGBUCKS for 20 doleros off.

aussiev8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Deville '98 (127000)

Was hoping to see some pics of the polished and preened Eldo. Do you still have it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.