92 coupe deville exterior light
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, 92 coupe deville exterior light in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to replace the light that is right behind the rear side ...
    Chuckzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1992 Coupe Deville

92 coupe deville exterior light

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to replace the light that is right behind the rear side window on a 92 coupe deville. one works and the other doesnt. i tried to get at it from the inside but i could only unplug it. any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Re: 92 coupe deville exterior light

Are they the light up crests or a thin vertical lamp? If it is the crest it is powered by an electroluminescent paper that cannot be replaced, you must buy a whole new light assembly. If it is a tall thin strip it may be an aftermarket thing with a bulb. However, if it is a factory thing it one again has the electroluminescent paper and must be completely replaced. Post a picture of it.

MaineWater is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1984 Coupe Deville,BROUGHAMS: 1989,1991 d'elegance, 1992

My mom's 90 Coupe Devile has the same problem, when I replaced her headliner and took out the sides in the rear I noticed how they were wired in. I was going to try and take those out and drill in and wire some opera lamps from maybe a 1977-1985 Deville/Brougham Coupe or such were you can actually replace the bulb and it would look cool and be unique I guess, thats maybe if you have the tall thin strip lights which are impossible to find these days.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

You can buy after market ones that are meant for Limousines online, you just have to search for them. They will not look as good as the originals though because they do not use the same technology, so they will not have that nice, soft light they are famous for. I was lucky enough to find some new ones and this is how they look at night.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.