Sylvania Silverstar bulbs... has anyone used em?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Sylvania Silverstar bulbs... has anyone used em? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Has anyone installed the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs? Their the cheap alternative to HID (no where as close to HID but ...
    Chesterboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sylvania Silverstar bulbs... has anyone used em?

Has anyone installed the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs? Their the cheap alternative to HID (no where as close to HID but still suppose to be brighter than standard halogen).

I was told by Sylvania that part# 9006XSST would fit the SRX but I couldn't figure out how to change the front bulb. I guess it requires the removal of the entire headlight assembly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MELTEMI is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Sylvania Silverstar bulbs... has anyone used em?

They are very good...I have them in my Passat!

As for the instalation...dont know...havent try to open the headlight yet...

MEJIA is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Chesterboy
    Has anyone installed the Sylvania Silverstar bulbs? Their the cheap alternative to HID (no where as close to HID but still suppose to be brighter than standard halogen).

I was told by Sylvania that part# 9006XSST would fit the SRX but I couldn't figure out how to change the front bulb. I guess it requires the removal of the entire headlight assembly.
    Sorry but neither do I can help you with the installation. Ive installed them in my other 4 vehicles and what I can tell you is that if you are looking to upgrade the stock bulbs THIS IS THE WAY TO GO!
    They are the best bulbs out there, they use the same wattage as the stock bulbs so you are not in risk of burning the wiring harness like for example if you bought other cheaper bulbs that are not even D.O.T approved.

Mejia

D148L0 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

They are great. Big difference... install was fairly easy en the deville, but I can't help you man... good luck anyway

ChiMick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I have Silverstars in both the lo beams and turn signals on my Deville. Simple installation & worthwhile.

Check your local Pep Boys, etc. rather than pay shipping from Sylvania.

LacSeville is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

yeh, i've got em and agree with everyone else. they also don't look ricey... just white.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.