Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: cleaning the leather and Suede

ctsvett is offline FAQ is your Friend
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

cleaning the leather and Suede

I am curious what people are using to clean the seats. I am considering Zymol (cleaner only, no conditioner) on the leather portion of the seats. Does zymol leave a oil sheen behind? I hate that on leather

I have no idea what to use on the suede. At this point I have only been using a vacuum to clean the dirt.

Just looking for opinions.

Reed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: cleaning the leather and Suede

for the leather on my CTS i use Meguiars Gold Class Rich Leather Foam. it cleans it very well, and it doesn't leave it with that greasy feel. after about 5 months, my seats still look and feel like they did when i first got my car. now, i have a regular CTS, so i can't help you on what to use for the suede, but good luck finding something!

Over time I have found that the best way to do regular leather cleaning is to just wipe it down with a damp rag. That gets off all the dirt and buildup and doesnt leave anything behind at all.

benjet is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by mrbadss
    I have no idea what to use on the suede. At this point I have only been using a vacuum to clean the dirt.
    I don't think the suede is REAL suede - according to the window sticker "sueded fabric inserts" which would mean Alcantara (or something like it)to me (which will last much better than real suede). I would re-confrim this before choosing a product to use on this material (you don't want to use a leather care product on a regular fabric).

-Ben

P.S. Lexol will do in a pinch to clearn the leather but there are a number of other products I would suggest over that (never use armor-all).

It is UltraSuede, a micro knit fabric.

Having had ultrasuede while the cts-v was still a concept i found using warm water does the trick on the suede, you can also use a tiny bit of soft soap, and a nice towel