Black or mirror tint for my '93 fleetwood?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, Black or mirror tint for my '93 fleetwood? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a '93 fleetwood brougham and it white with a black interior,it has the white vinyl roof and the ...
    megatron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Black or mirror tint for my '93 fleetwood?

I have a '93 fleetwood brougham and it white with a black interior,it has the white vinyl roof and the chrome trim on the bottom half of the car. So my question is to those here who have tinted the window on thair caddys what type of tint do you think looks best on a white caddy black or mirror? Do you guys think that mirror tint looks ghetto? would you say black tint looks more classy on a white cadillac? Also how dark should I go? I want it as dark as possible I live in florida if this helps at all.lastly could you guys maybe post pics of your caddy so I can see how it looks thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brizzal is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Black or mirror tint for my '93 fleetwood?

ive got 5-metal black tint on my car, i believe the front is 28% and back is 18%, reflective tint looks cheap and cheesy to me.

dirt_cheap_fleetwood is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)

Are you gonna do it yourself or have it done? I did mine myself with some static cling stuff. There was no glue so I can just peel it off if I ever want to. If you know how to do it, you don't have any of those nasty air bubbles. Stay away from anything that looks purple from the inside.

megatron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I was going to have it done professionally.

96Fleetwood is offline Auto Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Searching for the right one..

Here is a picture of when I had the white '96 and my black '96 Fleetwood. I sold the white one last year.

10% smoke tints on both:

nopi08 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Angry Re: Black or mirror tint for my '93 fleetwood?

I love being blinded by people with mirror tint.

71goldie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1971 Cadillac Coupe Deville (50k orig miles)

Mirror tint FTL.

Black.

ilikecru is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 Seville SLS

Quote Originally Posted by megatron View Post
    I have a '93 fleetwood brougham and it white with a black interior,it has the white vinyl roof and the chrome trim on the bottom half of the car. So my question is to those here who have tinted the window on thair caddys what type of tint do you think looks best on a white caddy black or mirror? Do you guys think that mirror tint looks ghetto? would you say black tint looks more classy on a white cadillac? Also how dark should I go? I want it as dark as possible I live in florida if this helps at all.lastly could you guys maybe post pics of your caddy so I can see how it looks thanks.

I don't know what state you line in, but, I bet it you can't have any mirror tint.

Nothing screams "STOP ME" like mirror tint.

You won't last a month without getting stopped.

Dark tint is bad enough...

Mostly overlooked around here....(although I did just get stopped for mine the other day. And my Mom was in the car too!!)

Go with the smoke...

caddylower is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just removed my mirror tint after 8 yrs because I just got bored of it. I only got stopped once for having it. Tint It Is in Philly did a great job. Never had a spec of bubbling! Anyway, If you mirror tint your windows, you'll have to realize that the factory glass is green so on overcast days the windows will look green. On sunny days it looked pretty good. That is the one thing That the tint guy never told me. Hopefully this will help you out!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.