Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Review: Zaino's New "All-in-one"

20K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  hcvone 
#1 ·
Ain't no such thing as an all-in-one but I gave 'em a lil rope to hang themselves and restocked my Zaino stash with the new product line.

I've owned black cars for years and swear by Zaino's ability to help me win quite a few trophies. However, my stealth grey V is the first to break the black car tradition. I had run out of almost all my supply of Zaino and restocked with this kit and more car wash and detail spray.

First let me say I've used just about everything on the market over the years and the reason I come back to Zaino is because it looks beautiful AND it lasts. Meguires and the others seem to be gone in two to three washes and I wash my car once to twice a week. That makes for a lot of work with the other products.

My V sat on the dealership lot for over a year before I bought him. Very hard water in our region, unknown number of lot washes with no drying and add all the environmental nasties falling out of the sky made EVERY surface of the car rough as sandpaper.

First I had to use some scratch polish on all the glass to get rid of all the scale buildup that made the windows and mirrors cloudy.

Then it was time for the full Zaino treatment.

Stripped the old wax (if there was any) with good ol' dove dishwashing fluid.

It took two clay bars to get the whole car slick. Bar plus some dawn and water in a spray bottle.

Two good washes with Zaino car wash, rinsed with filtered water and good wipe downs with microfibre towels. Checked and could find a water spot anywhere.

Applied and polished three coats of the new AIO. Very easy on and much easier-than-their-old-stuff off. The stealth grey was really starting to show potential.

Then I applied the new (no-wipe) sealer. Don't know if I made a mistake or if it was a tad too cool (60's) last week but this stuff did not dry streak free. I was worroied that I might have to start over but I figured maybe give the Grande Finale a chance.

Holy Cow!! Not only did this detail spray (they recommend it for "special" occasions) do a great job of cleaning up the streaks from the sealer but it took the optics to a whole new level. And ya wanna talk about slick?

As any well done exterior detail should, it takes time. But you get out of it what you put in. I have to say I can't wait to do the black car now. The V paint now has a shine and smoothness that I've NEVER seen in an original paint job that wasn't wet sanded. I mean this car's finish is so good now, reflections so clear that it is actually hard, from many different positions of view, to tell what color the car is for the landscape and sky reflected back atcha.

Did I mention how slick the paint is now? Dust just blows right off the paint. Instead of the microfibre towels sounding like sandpaper they now slide right off the car. I leaned against the rear fender while talking to a friend and slid right off the car. I'm talking S-L-I-C-K.

All in all, I'd have to give them an "A-". With the ONLY negative being the streaking of the "no wipe" sealer.

Zaino rules.

See less See more
#4 ·
Thanks. I like my cars lookin good.

I tried to take pictures but all you could see were reflections of the driveway, grass and pine trees. :rolleyes:
I just haven't taken any since I finished. It's raining today so he'll get a Zaino bath in the morning and I'll shoot some.

#6 ·
Yep. Imagine that! We've had some good rain over the last few weeks but I think we still ended up 15" below avg. rainfall for '07. The lakes, rivers and ponds are still waaaayyyyy low.

#8 ·
"wary of Zaino"? Why? I am a monster road warrior and as long as I stay outta the autowashes I only have to do the big detail twice a year. And you might think me a bit anal but I've got a few friends that claim over 150 coatsof Z.

OK. The only caveats are this car's got 60K miles on him with no clear bra so the front end and the hood have some good chips and, of course, the typical GM OEM orange peel paint job.

#10 · (Edited)
Preciatate it.

But, daum! I gotta get those clear lenses installed on the front of this car.

Hey, wait a sec. You know there ain't no reason to letcha think Zaino only looks good on a Caddy. Here's my other baby all dressed out with Zaino.

Think this is the first time I've ever posted this pic anywhere but here's the piece de resistance and final testimony for Zaino. My National Championship 1st place car show trophy for this car at the Impala SS Nats in '06 in the +100K class @ 205,000 miles. Black Sunshine has now run over 240K.

#14 ·
Andy, many apply Zaino too thick, allowing it to fully dry before removing will stop any "haze" from undried Zaino still on the surface, you can leave Zaino on the surface longer without any removal issues, what also helps is having the cars/trucks surface cool to the touch before applying any product, if that is an issue. If you ever have a haze from applying too much product and have trouble removing it, take a damp towel and wipe the surface, that usually works fine, and of course washing the car will fix the problem too. :)

#15 ·
Thanks!

I actually tried it this weekend, based on the advice in this thread. Of course, I think (in retrospect), Zaino takes some getting used to, but overall, I think I'm pleased with the results, and I especially like the lower effort in some instances (especially compared to a lot of hard waxes). That being said, here's what I found:

1. I probably put the first product (the All in One) itself on too thick. It was about 55-60 degrees Fahrenheit and I was mainly indoors, but I still let it dry about an hour. It came off fairly easily and still looked very good.
2. After that, I may have put the Clear Seal on a bit too lightly, or a bit unevenly (I'm not really sure, as everything is so shiny it's hard to tell). I did notice some oily kind of "streaking" (on a black car) in places, but I pretty much left that alone. I think in retrospect I should have stuck to smaller areas of the car, but at this point I was trying to use it VERY sparingly, and wasn't trying to over do it. I let this dry for about 30 minutes, after which I noticed only a few of the oily looking "streaks" (or spots).
3. As mentioned, the Grand Finale Seal Spray did take care of any of the streaks left over from the Clear Seal, and I think I did a better job of making sure this was a bit more evenly applied.

All in all, the car looks very good, and the light scratches near the trunk lid are now far less noticeable (to me, at least). I'm definitely very happy with the Zaino products.

-- Andy

#16 ·
It common for first time users, and I still do it myself some times and that is to simply apply too much, or more than needed, you really need very little product. The Z-CS will look oily (there is no oil in it) and streaky while drying, this is normal, and depending on the humidty it will dry in 15-45 minutes, and if applied evenly it will dry clear. As you noted the Z-8 or Z-6 will take care of any streaks. With Z-CS I use two sprays per panel, and count the hood as two panels, I start with two sprays on the applicator first. :)

#17 ·
Newbie to the forum. Noticed in the reflection of Blacksunshine's post a person I thought I recognized. I worked in the Moultrie area before I retired. Just purchased a leftover 2007 Buick V8 CXL and the paint looks ok but I probably should do the treatment he did on his Cadillac that had been setting on the lot for a while. Where are the Zaino products available in Valdosta/Moultrie area? I will probably need some advise on how to go about it and would appreciate any help. I have a Porter Cable 7424 random orbital polisher and some pads but want to make sure that I don't go with anything too aggressive.

#18 ·
Morven, huh?

If you'll just click on the name of the fellow that posted just before you and send him your question, he can help you out. (he's a dealer of the "juice")(shhhh! you didn't hear it from me)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.