What do you guys think about these Fleetwoods? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Cadillac Detailing and Bodywork - Interior and Exterior including Body and Wheels Discussion, What do you guys think about these Fleetwoods? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by RightTurn Ya urb. Get ur stunt on that candy bitch whip. <<haterade Or something to that effect....
    urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: What do you guys think about these Fleetwoods?

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurn View Post
    Ya urb. Get ur stunt on that candy bitch whip. <<haterade

Or something to that effect.

Silver Dollar is offline Das jus fo decorations
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SilkyBrown View Post
    Tha Bottom line is... DONKS/SLABS its movement.. a Whole subculture even... Whether or not you can appreciate the Hard work and money that goes into creating such "Unique" whips dont matter.. Theres always someone out there thats gonna like it... But one thing is for sure. If your looking to be a "Head Turna" and do somethin different than tha rest this is tha way to go.. So they like BIG rims... So they like Candy Paint.. So they like Loud Speakerz... In "ExCess".. Its all part of Stunting... And if you dont know what that izzz... lol... Forget u... I'll leave u with this classic quote "Dont Hate the Player.... Hate the Game"

This guy is part of a sub-culture. He put a lot of hard work into his "look". He wants to be different. He's into "excess". Hell, I bet he'd do a few "stunts" if you asked him nicely. At the end of the day he's just another freak, dressing himself up to get a reaction, then getting pissed off because he got one.

3rd Coast Balla is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 97 Lac Deville

to all those talkin down on whut they kno nothing about this is a SLAB....

and one of my favorites da boss eldawg drop top...

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Balla View Post
    I like that colour

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Duh. We know what slabs are, that's why we hate them. In this case, ignorance is bliss.

I dont know what a slab is. But I am not with it.

Benzilla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '79 Phaeton, '90 Brougham, '79 CDV

Texas cars with FWD wires (twinkies, or swanga's) kandy paint, too many TV screens, neon signs mounted on the bottom of the trunk lid, which lifts up on an actuator for "trunk poppin", oh and usually a huge overdone grille with a 'booty kit' to match. S.L.A.B = Slow Low And Bangin'... or was it Stupid Lazy Ass Bandits?? I can never keep that straight...

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

In some ways those ^^ cars are a modern version of our '50's and '60's "chopped, dropped, channelled, frenched, leaded", and other highly modded versions of Fords, Mercuries, various panel truck mods (the basis for the PT Cruiser), '32 3-window coupes, hearses and monster town cars.

The above crop of vehicles really doesn't belong to a Cadillac enthusiast forum because they are no longer Cadillacs: they belong in a radical mod arena. Some of the work appears good, some plain awful. They are in the same ultramod space warp as American Chopper occupies in the custom bike arena. Their owner/creator has a specific message to convey, and the car/bike does it very well.

Wonder if they qualify for a GM extended warranty??

btw...twanks are 20's....n the fwd wires are swangas, elbows, 4's or 3's, spiders...n its called a bumper kit...n SLAB is slow loud and banging.

Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle

Quote Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Balla View Post

I'm sorry, but that just looks stupid.

First up, the '92-'97 and '98+ Seville are NOT your typical Cadillac. Even in SLS trim, it is not your normal Cadillac.

Therefore, wire wheels don't belong on them... and whats with the center caps sticking out like spikes? Vouge tires don't belong on them either, nor does any white wall. The grille dosn't fit any part of the car, the Buick-inspired portholes on the fenders look completely out of place.... and... whats with the continental kit? I mean, how can someone put that thing on the back of a '98+ Seville and think it looks good?!?!? In fact, how can someone put that thing on the back of the '98+ Town Car in the background and think it looks good?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and everyone has their own taste... but... I dunno... to me that is just very extreme... and putting a lift kit (or doing a solid axle swap!) on a car to fit bigger rims on it... doesn't make you "madd differnt yo" it just more money then brains.

You do it cause you want to stand out and be different, yet to me they all look alike..... I'm sorry but I can't tell the difference between a 3" and a 6" lift on a car, nor 22" rims vs 26" rims, or 6 12" subs vs 10 12" subs... its all just excessive and pointless when I look at it... and I just see then all looking the same....

and a sub culture? isn't rap in and of itself also supposed to be on of those? I understand being into something, having a hobby or a group where you get together for shows/meets and do things... I know, I do that with Cadillacs and off-roading.... but to actually go and live by that... where it becomes a major part of your life, and what defines you? I dunno.....

There are plenty of low-riders and other custom cars, even with big rims I do like... but when someone obvisouly goes way too far out of their way to be a "head turna" it shows, and it just dosn't look good, at all.

The key word is tasteful, and doing mods that actually accent the origanal design/look of the vehicle... not just slap a billion things on it cause its different.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

I don't understand donks, I really don't. I'm being close-minded or ignorant, I mean I've given a lot of thought to why people would do them, but I can't come up with a good explanation aside from "the attention", and maybe that's the whole thought behind them. Is it done to pick up chicks and impress others? Is there a large community of owners and enthusiasts of these cars? There isn't one that I know of in my area of the country, but from what I've heard, it's much more of southern thing..the Donks anyways.

I personally don't like them...at all.., but that's just one man's opinion, and for the most part (aside from tasteful and somewhat discrete modifications) I'm a purist at heart. Leave it the way that God and GM (insert other automotive manufacturer) intended. And if I don't happen to like the car the way that it was intended to be built, I wouldn't have spent my money on the car in the first place.

Oh, and to those that think we're all "haters" and "ignorant" on this site, we're not. We're purists for the most part... we're not into this whole donk thing..just like you all over on the donks and lowriders sites aren't into the "factory stock" thing. We get the same reaction when we post our stock cars on your sites.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

96LT1Fleet is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Here's another shot of my Car.Not a real good pic but you can see it.
    Attached Images

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i'm glad its not a real good pic

i dont care what the other frumpy v owners think, I like it

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.