Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: Mag Wheels

Mag Wheels

I have alluminum mag wheels an am trying to clean them. I really like the style, hence why I nabbed them from dads stationwagon and put them on my caddy.

On some sections they're flaking; as it was painted on some parts it seemed with a rubberized paint to have a colour contrast. On the part that is silver, it was well seems to be flaking. I assume it was painted or something originally but now am confused as to go about this.

I've used very fine sandpaper and cleaned 2 inches of it, which took me about an 45min. On the part that I did clean, it seems that I've worn away some of the metal, which is now rounded around the rim instead of a 90 degree angle. Would sandblasting do the trick without damaging or should I do it the old elbow grease way? I'm a grasshopper who wants it done quickly!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

Re: Mag Wheels

There are many wheel shops that offer repair and painting or plating services, if you can post a pix of the damage that would help.