Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning carpet..

Re: Cleaning carpet..

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyLfromCT
    About 1/3 a cup of S-green, & 4 cups of water.

It's just a little sudsy, & it got the stains right out.

The carpet is now just as plush as it was originally also!
    My method is quite extreme.
    I first start out but dry vacing the whole interior.
    then i use a carpet cleaner that i bought in a small store (generic). and put that in a spray bottle and cover the whole carpet with a fine mist. Let it dry for about 10 minutes and then i scrub the hell out of the carpet and then i vac it again
    then i use simple green on the remaining dark spots
    then i vac again
    then i spray with febreeze and let it air dry overnight takes about 2 hours total.

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've had good results with Resolve carpet cleaner...I do spots with Simple Green and then use the Resolve ( Per the instructions on the bottle ) The resolve cleaner smells kinda good too and works great on cloth seats BTW. Not trying to pick on you Wes....But! Pressure washing the inside of the car is NOT a good idea at all. The reasons are obvious to most of us.

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

I probably wont pressure wash next time (the washer is at my grandparents house).... KC, FYI I used resolve <liberally> and it didnt really do anything for me.. It made it slightly cleaner, but not what I was looking for..... I think Ill try the simple green.... Would there be any objections to using it full strenght (but sparingly, by misting).....

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I use it full strength ( and usually not sparingly ) It is activated by water though so it does need a little to work effectively. Resolve is not a good spot remover but it is a very good overall cleaner. ( If used correctly )

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45

See I used the resolve and I used it liberally, and it didnt do a whole lot. Maybe I am asking too much.....

Next time it gets above freezing, Ill try the simple green.... That stuff, along with duct tape, are keys to sucess!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12