Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Its almost spring...

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    When I get some money, Ill try the gold class stuff. It looks like it is pretty good..... Do you think that if I used a sponge instead of a towel that it would get better results? It may also be because I waxed it when it was about 45 outside, and the wax probably didnt stick to well.

The suburban is great!! It is a fully loaded Z71 (except onstar), and its just great. Its only been offroad a few times, and it does great. It uses a little more gas than my tahoe did, but its worth it. IMO, it rides much better, and you have a lot more room to put stuff in. I dont get to drive it very often, I am stuck with the Q . I think it was a good buy.

AirJigga25 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): just one

exterior finish tips

I have a few nicks and scratches on my shiny black caddy but no dents. It looks great after its been washed and is almost perfect but I want to make it spotlessly shiny and black. Does anyone have an idea of what I can use or do to redo the finish a little bit? I want to do it myself.

Hollaback!

kcnewell is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I usually go to the dealer or a good paint store and get some touch up paint. I sand and prep the area and then air brush the spot. Works great on solid colors such as white or black....It's a little tricky on metalics and pearls but it can be done! After it's cured I wet sand it and buff and "POOF!!" no ding/scratch!

I just went out today to do some good washing to my car that was badly in need of it (it was sooooo nice out). My friend and i basically went to see what we could use and how good it would be. Rain x has this wax that you just spray on dry off and it actually did a pretty good job, but there were still a bunch of swirl marks. I even applied the rain x to my windshield and boy can you tell the difference. I screwed some stuff up (im use to big city living where you have to take it to a place to get done for you) but this was an experience. I have tons of scratches all over the car what can i do?

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    You put rain-x on the body???? If they are just clear coat scratches, then they can be fixed. It definitely makes a difference what you use to apply waxes. You really should use an application sponge to get the best results, and you can buff it to make it look better. But a clean, damp, soft cloth will work. A terry cloth is probably your best bet. Anything else may give scratches.

The only thing I could recommend is mequires 3 step process, the deep crystal system. Id be curious to see how well it really works.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12