Stay away from Ed Morse Tampa!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Stay away from Ed Morse Tampa!!! in Cadillac Reviews; I've had a terrible Caddilac experience thus far and it started the second Ed Morse got my money. First, the ...
    FL01SS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS

Thumbs down Stay away from Ed Morse Tampa!!!

I've had a terrible Caddilac experience thus far and it started the second Ed Morse got my money. First, the sales person turned into a real jerk. He made a comment to my wife about how it was great for me that I talked the sales manager down to the price I did, but it sucked for him because his cut was going to be smaller & he still has his own bills to pay! I can't believe he would say something like that to a customer. Well the same guy told me that while I was finishing up the paper work with the finance dept he'd get the car detailed, get a couple of scratches buffed out, fill it up with gas and get me my owners manual & when I got done he would show me how to use some of the features of the car. Well when I got done he came up to me and said that he didn't have time to go over anything with me because he had another customer to take care of but he was sure I could figure it out. So I left & later realized the car was washed, but not detailed or buffed, it only had a 1/4 tank of gas & he hadn't put the owners manuals in the car.

That was just the begining! Within 3 days of having the car I had a list of about 15 items that were wrong with the car. Now it is a used car, so I was expecting to have a few issues, but things like paint peeling off the rear bumper and the CD player not working should have been taken care of before the car was sold. I mean they gave me the check sheet for the 150 point certification & it clearly states everything they were suppose to inspect & it was very obvious to me that they didn't do anything but check off the boxes.

Now that's not where the troubles stop. I took the car into the dealership to have the issues taken care of (after I had it into a dealershp that's closer to me that failed to fix half the stuff) and they didn't complete all of the work that was on the work order. An example was they were suppose to take the steering wheel off & put it back on straight (the other dealership put it on crooked) and it said in the work order that they completed the work, but it wasn't done. The car was in there again a few days ago to fix an issue with the sunroof & it was not fixed correctly.

I've talked with two different sales managers and the service dept manager & I'm still getting my car back without things being taken care of. The car has been in the shop for 19 days out of the 2 months I've owned it. The bulk of the issues should have been caught before the car was put up for sale. The rudeness of the sales people, the lack of attention to detail of the service dept & the failure of the managers to follow through makes me wish I never would have bought this car. If you ever buy a Cadillac, DON'T BUY IT FROM ED MORSE!!! And if you have a Cadillac, take it somewhere else for service!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

Re: Stay away from Ed Morse Tampa!!!

I wouldn't deal with them either. I have heard to many things about them. I usually deal with Dimmit in Clearwater or Coastal in Port Richey.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

I used to work for them , i did just about everything .....and watched as our customer satisfaticion went down the toilet, they fired me for a very illegal reason , and trust me , knowing what i know from the inside ....heh , you aint seen nothin , your level of service youve gotten is pretty damned good comapred to what i saw over the time i was there ....

and when you get fired by them you get endless prank phonecalls from employees you used to work with whenever they go drinking ....or even taking time out of there work day just to harass you .....its been a year since i left and ive gotten a prank call just 5 days ago ....ill have to change my number ...

I guess I'll try Dimmit. I really hate going up there because of all the crap on 19, but I guess it's worth a try.

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

19 isn't as bad in Clearwater since they finished the overpass for Drew St.
    19 traffic is bad in Palm Harbor, Tarpon Springs and gets worse when you hit New Port Richey and Port Richey.

jvette is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Damn man, didn't you get the car checked out before you bought it? Sounds like you have a awful lot of issues with a car you just purchased.

Stoneage_Caddy is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Gobi 01 Frontier/Ishi 96 Nighthawk/Gladys 94 Deville I Loved

lol , even having cheked out wont help sometimes ....theres a certain red deville cruiseing around thats "GM certified"...that uh ...had the entire left side structure and all replaced ....car came to us after being t boned by some kid that ran a red light ....we put the owner in a new dts and took the heep in on trade ...

good thing we had great mircale workers in the body shop ...too bad magament never rewarded them of there efforts

I've been back in there a few more times in the past month or so & I still have had pretty poor service & they give me attitude for pointing out that they've done work improperly. For the most part the people are pretty friendly & seem eager to help, but then they don't follow through & seem offended when I ask them to correct their mistakes. It also seems that the higher you go up with the management, the worse their attitudes are.

Caddyonly is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Thumbs up Re: Stay away from Ed Morse Tampa!!!

I guess every experience is different? I just bought my 10th Cadillac from there. This one was a pre-owned, but got it Certified so I don't have to worry about paying out of pocket later on. I have always had a very pleasant experience and have referred several of my friends and co-workers and the feedback has been positive.

jtsgramma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am sure that there are many people who have purchased from Ed Morse Cadillac and are enjoying there cars BUT there are also those of us who have been wood winked by the staff at Ed Morse and next time it COULD BE YOU... I was told at the time of purchase that my gently used car was not listed on car fax, but that it had been hit by a motor cycle on the left front quarter panel. I guess when something happens in house and it is repaired in house you are not required to make it knows exactly what happened. But my goodness Ed Morse Cadillac, in business for many years why on earth would anyone not trust them. I have complained many times about all the work that needed to be done on my car and not understanding how a little bang on the quarter panel could cause this: In the past 3 years I have had 4 batteries installed in my car, 2 computers, hydraulic life on read door, passenger door lock fix or replaced twice, front grill replaced, water pump replaced, 3 sets of tires ($2500. out of pocket), floor mats replaced and still do not fit ( $170. out of pocket) rear seat belts replaced, sun roof worked on, sun roof repainted and repaired twice, rear seat window fixed, weather strip replaced on drivers door, drive axel seal replaced, front headlight replaced. With all the tax and warranty I paid $41,675. not including all the tires and oil changes and floor mats. I purchased this car because of the air bags and the feeling that it would be a safe car to carry my grandchildren around in. Also at my age I felt that it would be the last car I would ever own. Even though gas prices are sending me to the poor house I have to choice with all the money invested in this car to pray it outlasts me. So my reason for posting this is BUYER BE SO CAREFUL people aren't what they project to be be. If there is a buck to be made you will be told anything to do so. And after reading this do you think it was only a MOTORCYCLE

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Trpical is simlar in Bradenton as well.

Dimmit has been pretty decent and have heard pretty good feedback on coastal.

To bad Rippy was so far away!

RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.