Dimmit Cadillac - Clearwater, Florida SUCKS!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Dimmit Cadillac - Clearwater, Florida SUCKS!!! in Cadillac Reviews; This has got to be one of the worst dealerships I have ever been to....I am not the only one ...
    jonnyd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille

Dimmit Cadillac - Clearwater, Florida SUCKS!!!

This has got to be one of the worst dealerships I have ever been to....I am not the only one with this problem either. Other people have told me that I should go to the one in New Port Richey because their service department ACTUALLY knows what they are doing. I have 2 problems that I have been to cadillac with atleast 4 times....and they can not find a fix?????? Yet, I go to someone who used to work for cadillac...looks at my car for 3 minutes and instantly tells me whats wrong......ummmmm why couldnt my dealership do that???

They have good communication skills as well as consumer friendly....but when it comes to servicing the vehicle....absolutely HORRIBLE!!! I think they need all new mechanics....just absolutely disgusting

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Re: Dimmit Cadillac - Clearwater, Florida SUCKS!!!

I was thinking about trying them as they are the only ones left I haven't tried in my area. Thanks for the heads up.

I have been to Ed Morse, Dew, Coastal, and Cannon Cadillac.

The best so far, Cannon in Plant City. Its a good ole boy dealership, its old, not flashy but they treat you good without coming off as if they are acting it and everytime my car has been there the work has been superb. You would never know it to look at the place.

Boombotz is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 Escalade, 06 SRX

I never had a problem with Dimmit, The help me a lot with auto body work.
    I use Coastal a lot for service in Port Richey since it is closer. The seem very good.

I am mostly just talking about mechanical issues. Personnel is GREAT! I'm sure they do good body work too....but when it comes to the mechanical part of it....I think it is absolutely horrible...even having the head of the mechanical department there with a guy who has been with cadillac for 21 years...he listens to the problem. EVERYONE else that hears my problem is like dude...theres something wrong with your car....but the dealership states that it is normal for the car...hehehehe...doubtful... I have nothing against them..I like the dealership...but they just need to upgrade the mechanical part of it.

FL01SS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS

I bought my CTS from Ed Morse in Tampa and their sales people are asses and I've had it back there for service & they had the car for two days & said everything was comleted, but they didn't fix crap. I also have had it into Dew over on Park Blvd between 275 & 19 & their service dept has their heads up their asses too. They missed a bunch of stuff I asked them to do & the work they did do was done half assed. Plus the used car manager, Bill Hays, told me he wouldn't cover part of the work because I didn't buy the car from him, but if I had, he'd pay for it out of his own pocket. I could have punched that guy in the face I was so pissed at him! The thing is, I gave them the opportunity to have my business, but in three weeks they couldn't locate the car I wanted, while Ed Mosre had 3 in Tampa & 2 in Brandon. Whatever.

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not a happy Caddy owner right now!

I guess I'll try Cannon.

im bumping this thread...because i know the dealership still sucks HORRIBLY!!!

4SaleUSA is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): esv escalade 2007

I had exactly same problem, If I would have time I would sue them for herrassment and scam, they fixed parts in my escalade only those that GM pay them, parts that was broken they left on the vehicle telling me they are like supposed to be , I went to two other independence / certified repair shops and they replaced for me all requested parts which all of them after removing proves my doubts that was junk.

no cadillac anymore!!!!!!!!!

cadillac should close all pinellas cadilac dealerships due to scam , misleading practices which cause people leaving caddilac company.

meandmycadi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V

Thumbs up Re: Dimmit Cadillac - Clearwater, Florida SUCKS!!!

theres always two sides to a story. I have purchased 3 cadillacs from Dimmitt within the past 5 years, and couldn't have a better story about a great experience. I always have my CTS-V serviced at Dimmitt, and they are always watching out for my best interests.

patbecky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2000 SLS, 2003 Deville

Attempted to get Prices / Availibility on parts from Coastal (Plenum and intake gaskets): Transcript of my reply to a friend asking what I was so pissed about - "...and it's what they didn't do, which was provide me with prices/ availibility on the parts I'm going to need for the Deville. I did an inquiry this morning on thier site. Half hour later I get an e-mail from the salesman regarding service. I asked him when I was going to have my parts inquiry answered. He clamed he didn't know about it and offered (in an e-mail) to get the answer for me. THEN I got an unidentified number call my phone (the number I left with the parts question) so when they asked for "rebecca" I told them they had the wrong number. THEN I got another e-mail from the salesman claiming he'd tried to call out "listed numbers" and was told he got the wrong one (Bull, cos we obviously didn't have the new phones 2 years ago)- and STILL nothing from Parts as of an hour ago (or now, for that matter). So I sent Parts a Nasty-Gram and have started over with Dimmit."

Then I found this review for them....**sigh**

Dimmitt Automotive is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): None

I work for Dimmitt Cadillac, now formally Dimmitt Automotive Group and could not disagree more with this comment. We get customer surveys everyday and I am the person who monitors them, which 99% of the time are all excellent. We apologize if any of our guests have a problem and always go above and beyond to fix it. It is sad to see that we were not able to resolve your issues back in 2005. Rest assured, we take every step to please our guests in 2013. Here is our mission statement: To improve the quality of life for our associates, our guests, and the community through service, excellence and innovation.

jackie081184 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac SRX

Quote Originally Posted by Dimmitt Automotive View Post
    I work for Dimmitt Cadillac, now formally Dimmitt Automotive Group and could not disagree more with this comment. We get customer surveys everyday and I am the person who monitors them, which 99% of the time are all excellent. We apologize if any of our guests have a problem and always go above and beyond to fix it. It is sad to see that we were not able to resolve your issues back in 2005. Rest assured, we take every step to please our guests in 2013. Here is our mission statement: To improve the quality of life for our associates, our guests, and the community through service, excellence and innovation.
    So I am really interested in knowing your name or email that I can send it you. You stated in your comment "we take every step to please our guests in 2013". I must disagree!! you can locate my thread on here unhappy 2006 cadillac srx owner!

Purchased a car from Dimmitt 02/27/2013. Had to go back on 03/09/2013 due to mechanical issue, was told no major repairs to cars on staurdays and since they were far behind there was nothing i can do but come back on a weekday. retruned 03/15/2013 which between that time additiona l issues arised.
    Car was in repair shop for 5 days
    Now back again05/17/2013 car in shop 6 days to be advised I was misinformed about warranty by ADAM who quit the day after my car being purchased.
    after 6 days of battling no has yet to provide me with the maintenenace inspection report that was claimed to have been completed 02/20/2013 7 days prior to my purchase. And in a matter of 2 1/2 months of owning my car and 3 times in the shop. I would havehad to pay more in repairs than the amount in car payments I have made. To then be told by Steve the Use car manager that he will not cover all the cahrges for repairs because I can live without one of the sensors that are bad.. Extremely disatified , no one follows up with you like they say they will. Car sat in shop for 6 days no repairs made... Livia in service is the only one that was helpful and followed through with all she said she would do. For the rest, they have completely changed my mind about the quality of service and product provided.

ClearwaterSEO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS

Angry Re: Dimmit Cadillac - Clearwater, Florida SUCKS!!!

I just had one of the most incredible service department experiences ever at Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater. After having issues with a bad spark plug in our Cadillac CTS, John Johnson with Dimmitt Automotive Group in Clearwater made the entire Cadillac service appointment such an amazing experience.

If I had any idea that an automotive dealership would treat us this well just servicing our car, we would have both been driving Cadillac's long ago! Thanks for treating us so good Dimmitt and we can't wait to have the CTS serviced again

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ClearwaterSEO View Post
    I just had a horrible experience with Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater as well!

My wife has a 2009 Cadillac CTS that needed a spark plug changed according to the diagnostic scanner. I called Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater and spoke with Spencer to get an estimate before she went by to have it serviced. Spencer took my number and said he would call back in an hour. Spencer called by 4 hours later and gave me a price of $78 to change the plug and noted it could be a coil pack and if so, the total would be $275.

We made the appointment and took the car in to Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater to have the plug changed. Several hours later we received a call from Bill in service who stated that the plug would cost $350 to change just the one spark plug. They also wanted to charge an additional $150 to diagnose the check engine light that we had already checked for free.

Moral of this story: Always get an estimate when dealing with the service department at Dimmitt Cadillac in Clearwater! Otherwise just expect to be overcharged and under-serviced.

Needless to say, we opted not to have the service done at Dimmit Cadillac as the price change between service advisers was so absorbent.
    Hello ClearwaterSEO,

I apologize for any vehicle issues your wife is experiencing with her CTS. I am sorry you had a bad experience with the dealership. I understand how this can be a frustrating situation. I see you opted out of having the service done with this dealer. If you would like me to help locate another nearby dealership to work with, I am more than happy to do so if you private message me with your zip code. I can also be contacted via private message if you have additional concerns or questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.