Bad Service at Crest Cadillac in Syracuse, NY
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Bad Service at Crest Cadillac in Syracuse, NY in Cadillac Reviews; Keep in mind when you read this I'm a very professional guy. I've been friendly, haven't raised my voice, haven't ...
    Big_John is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Bad Service at Crest Cadillac in Syracuse, NY

Keep in mind when you read this I'm a very professional guy. I've been friendly, haven't raised my voice, haven't cussed and I've treated everyone involved as I would want them to treat me. I also know my way around a car.

Last month, I took my '01 Eldorado in for a "check engine" light. I checked the code and it was a evaporative control solenoid and not a big deal. This car is still under its 100K mile Cadillac Certified warranty. The first experience was less than stellar. The car was supposed to have been fixed, but I was treated kinda crummy by the cashier. The car is out back, I'm handed the keys, even though the guy before me gets his car brought out. OK fine.

The light came back on the next day, checked the code, same problem, called the dealership and made an appointment for the following Monday.

I spent Saturday cleaning the car up, as it really needed it. I washed it well, even clay barred it getting it ready for a fresh coat of Zaino. I wiped and cleaned out the door frames too. (this gets important) and cleaned the inside, treating the leather and the door panels (important)

Back to the dealership Monday, this time I was treated very well. One thing I asked was if they would take a look at the rear suspension as I had noticed a creaking noise in the rear. The service writer bounced the car and said "its not doing it now, so it may be hard to find". OK, I understand that. The service writer and I discuss replacing a side mirror that has discolored. To my surprise, he says that's under warranty. Cool! He orders a mirror for me and says to bring it back in a week and they'll put it on. The car was brought out to me and everyone was real nice and I drove it home. The car door was opened for me (another important point). I'm happy.

Next day, my wife calls me from work. The light is back and she says the door is hard to open. I call the dealership, telling them the light is back on, making another appointment. Same code. When she got home I look at the door and there's a fresh small dent inside the door frame and the door is dropped down approximately 3/16". I didn't notice as the door was opened for me when I picked it up. The inside door panel is loose from the door too. I figure it most have gotten hit or something.

Now I'm a little upset. I'm leaving for my vacation the next day too. On my way out of town, I drive down to the dealership and show them the door. The service manager is gone for the day and the service writer wants him to see it before he commits to fixing it.

I have a wonderful vacation and when I'm back, I drive down there and talk to the service manager who drags the mechanic out and the mechanic says he didn't do it. Well someone here did, I don't care who, just fix the car. The service manager gets a little defensive and says " Eldos do this, the door panels separate and the door drops" "OK, I say, if that's the case, then its a warranty thing and you guys can fix this and I'll be happy". He starts to hesitate, but the mechanic speaks up and says, yes that is a warranty thing and he's fixed a bunch of them. OK, he says he'll adjust the door, touch up the paint on the door frame and fix the door panel. He says something about the dent, I know he really doesn't want to fix it, and I say its fine, its on the inside and its not a big deal.

I drop the car off last Monday, its due for New York State Inspection, so I tell them to do that while its there. They call me that afternoon, there's an issue with the rear suspension, he says "knuckles" (whatever) and its under warranty, so no big deal...but, parts need to be ordered. I told him to keep the car until its fixed. He says, "Did you hear a creaking noise?" Duh...

OK, I get a call this morning, car is done, except.....they had to order a new door panel and the car will need to be driven for a few days to "drive the codes out" for it to pass inspection. (This is true, check engine lights have to have been in history, not as a current fault to pass NYS inspection) They said they will call me when it comes in.

I go to the dealer. The guy there can't find the keys. They were right where the guy on the phone told me, I found them for him. I'm told the car is out back. No, its not brought out for me...again....too bad I'm not wearing a green velour jump suit, as those guys seem to be treated a whole bunch better. I walk out back and there's a bunch of cars out there...where is mine?....a mechanic sees me looking and helps out. Its over in the far corner, covered in bird crap.

I get in the car, the door isn't fixed, there's dirty hand prints on the white door panel. At least the check engine light isn't on...for now anyway.

I took the car to the body shop I use. He's done a bunch of work for me over the years and he says he'll readjust the door cheap. I'll touch the paint up myself.

But...guess where I'm not buying my next Caddy!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

sonjaab is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 DTS Premium

Re: Bad Service at Crest Cadillac in Syracuse, NY

JOHN..............I bought a few Caddies from Crest and had service
    done there also with NO problems...................

One of the guys on here works there and lives in Elbridge NY.
    Hopefully he will chime in here...................

BTW: Today there is a Buick show at Burdick Buick in N. Syracuse
    at their "drivers village" complex from 10-4 pm.
    Hope the weather clears up tho.!

Will be keeping my shiny Deville home and be driving my black Chevy 2500
    truck. See you there!.................geo

Quote Originally Posted by sonjaab
    JOHN..............I bought a few Caddies from Crest and had service
    done there also with NO problems...................

One of the guys on here works there and lives in Elbridge NY.
    Hopefully he will chime in here...................

BTW: Today there is a Buick show at Burdick Buick in N. Syracuse
    at their "drivers village" complex from 10-4 pm.
    Hope the weather clears up tho.!

Will be keeping my shiny Deville home and be driving my black Chevy 2500
    truck. See you there!.................geo
    I'm a pretty reasonable guy and I've really tried to work with these people, but I'll tell you what, I really feel like I've been treated badly there. It taking three tries to fix the "service engine" light problem didn't bother me, even though its been a bit of a pain. What bothers me deeply is my car was damaged while it was being worked on there. I don't know or care who did it, it happened there and that's the bottom line. Stuff happens and while I'm not happy it happened, I would have liked them to take care of it and I would have been fine with it.

Little things like bringing the car out for the guy ahead of me and then telling me "your cars out back, here's your keys" baffles me though. I would expect customer service in a Cadillac dealership to be better than what I get in a dollar store.

The sun is starting to peak out a little now, maybe the car show will go well. If I'm out that way I'll stop and say hi.

My son and I are gonna be autocrossing out to the fairgrounds tomorrow and I'm hoping for sunshine then. No...not with the Eldo, we have a Neon ACR for that. We'll be replacing that with an '85 Corvette once I get a little more ambition.

caddydream is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Sorry to hear of your crappy service.

I had a similar experience with Burdick Dodge. Other people including a former mechanic told me it was bad management.

Hope they can clear things up at Crest since it is a Caddy dealer, not too many around. And sounds like you are putting in some miles.

OK, A little follow up. I took the Eldo back yesterday to have them finish the NYS inspection and install the new door panel.

They dabbed a little touch up paint on the door, but I never did get a direct answer to my question of why they didn't fix the door like they promised. Anyway...it took three hours to do that.

Of course, maybe I'm being picky now, but geez...a black smear of grease on the white seat and the window switch panel that wasn't snapped in all the way didn't do anything to impress me.

caddydream is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Grease on the white seat...... that's f'd up.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.