Rydell Cadillac in Northridge, CA
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Rydell Cadillac in Northridge, CA in Cadillac Reviews; Rydell Cadillac in Northridge California!!! I got my 03 CTS from them and have been through many, many warranty visits ...
    kali_cts03 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 White/Diamond CTS (sold)

Thumbs down Rydell Cadillac in Northridge, CA

Rydell Cadillac in Northridge California!!!

I got my 03 CTS from them and have been through many, many warranty visits over the almost 3 years since I own the car. Pretty much smooth sailing in the service dept. until recently!!!

First off, my service rep. there (Mark) always was good to me, tried his best to make sure I leave the service dept. satisfied....

I have had warranty service done on my car 24 times!

Some of these visits where they would fix something, they would actually break something else!!! For instance, first time they replaced my rear differential they broke my gear shifter and didn't even tell me about it!!! It wouldn't snap back into park, would slip to Reverse.... I almost found out the hard way with a dent in my car!!! And there was many other things that when they fixed or should I say try to fix they broke something else as well!!!

VERY POOR SERVICE TEAM!!! TECH'S WITHOUT ANY KNOWLEDGE AND SEEMS ANY COMPETENCE IN DOING THEIR JOB RIGHT!!!

On top of everything else, lately my warranty issues where going through an Assitant Manager / Shop Foreman (Damian M.) that would just turn my car away saying his norm ("This is normal") - IDIOT!!! Most times he wouldn't even read the problem correctly and the diagnosis would be wrong and once again his best saying would be used "This is normal"!!!

Had problem on my 03 CTS with the analog clock not matching the digital on the DIC ever since I got the car! They tried many times fixing it by swapping out gage cluster after gage cluster.... 3 visits ago that was also on my work order, I come to pick up the car and the damn thing is off by 5 hours - the AM / SF guy said straight to my face "It worked just a little while ago when I checked!!!" LIES!!! My clock never matched since the time I got the car, cluster after cluster it was always off by at least 10 minutes!!! A day later I found my fix on this forum, swap the 03 gage cluster with 04, so I went back to the dealership and asked to talk with him about it. First thing he said is that they will not be able to fix the clock problem for me, so why would he say it worked perfectly before and now said it will not be fixible??? LIAR!!! So I told him what to do to fix the problem!!! I think he was pissed off that I had a fix and he didn't know shit!!! Now my clock problem is gone, no more analog clock not matching the digital.

Last visit I had, he butted-in again and turned my car away saying that I'm just being to picky and the stuff I say that is wrong is either because I did something to it or is normal!!! Example 1: Headlights are peeling - he said I put something on them that made a bad chemical reaction and thus the peeling of the lights!!! There is a bunch of other 03 CTS out there with the same problem all over the country so I must have been bussy going door to door to put this mystery chemical on everyones headlights.... Sorry guys!!! - 2. Right side marker out when lights are on, but left one is working fine.... he put in the papers that this is normal conditions that the sidemarker don't work with that light setting. Yet my left one is working!!! Which I pointed out to him and he just mumbbeled and walked away from me!!!

There is so much more I could write but probably no one will read this much and wouldn't want to read more.......

SUM UP: SERVICE DEPT. ASSISTANT MANAGER / SHOP FORMAN (DAMIAN M.) LOST THIS DEALERSHIP ALL MY FUTURE BUSINESS!!! CAN'T BELEIVE THEY WOULD HAVE A PERSON LIKE THAT WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE CAR (SO IT SEEMS) AND NO COMMUNICATION NOR CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS WORKING AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!

I have called Cadillac Customer Help and have opened a ticket against the dealership! They will be talking to the poeple in charge next week, hopefully the owner and the site manager! They will find out from the conversation that I will not come back ever to give them any more future business!!! (Well, Unless they give me a free CTS-V )

Thanks for reading the review and hope it helps some of you when making a decision on selecting your dealership!!! And also, any feedback on my review or comments are welcomed!!! As well as any input from the dealership itself!!!

Dariusz.

Side note: since I posted some stuff on the dealership just the other day on the CTS and CTS-V boards, I already got someone admitting that they too are very unhappy with the service dept. and how they got dealt with there at Rydell!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Angry Re: Rydell Cadillac in Northridge, CA

I forgot to mention another thing about the service dept. people there.

If you do and go to get service on your car, make sure to tell your Service Rep. that you preffer not to have your car driven by some punk!!!

I'm standing there talking with my Service Rep. and this freaken punk takes a customers ride and just spins the shit out of the tires!!! I asked the service rep. - WHAT THE FU*K JUST HAPPENED!!! DID I SEE WHAT I SAW!!! - to that he just answered that sometimes they don't hire the best quality people for the Cadillac Brand and thus people have problems with service dept.....

Just figured I share that with everyone as well!!!

gritter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 silver smoke CTS

Re: Rydell Cadillac in Northridge, CA

i work for a porsche/bently car dealer as a professional detailer...I see this stuff all the time.. The tire spinning that is, which is why when i bring my cts in.. i stay.. i dont let them pick the car up or drop it off... i see what goes ov every day with the 100,000-200,000 cars

Quote Originally Posted by gritter
    i work for a porsche/bently car dealer as a professional detailer...I see this stuff all the time.. The tire spinning that is, which is why when i bring my cts in.. i stay.. i dont let them pick the car up or drop it off... i see what goes ov every day with the 100,000-200,000 cars
    Yeah, this just went way over my head.... that they do that.... and then this stupid assistant manager will say "you been riding your car hard?" when you come in with a rear differential problem and treats you like it's always your fault that something is wrong with that or any other thing on the car!!!

I don't know if Cadillac Support told the Owner and Manager site about this yet, but I will remind them to do so - this is way unecaptable!!!

gritter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 silver smoke CTS

makes you feel good about dropping your car off to them i bet

Quote Originally Posted by gritter
    makes you feel good about dropping your car off to them i bet
    I no longer go there, that dealership lost any of my future business!!!

I have picked a new dealership for my Caddy needs.... my first visit there will be next week and I will make sure to tell the manager of the service dept. what happened there and hope he will make sure nothing like that happens at his dealership!!!

Last visit I had, he butted-in again and turned my car away saying that I'm just being to picky and the stuff I say that is wrong is either because I did something to it or is normal!!! Example 1: Headlights are peeling - he said I put something on them that made a bad chemical reaction and thus the peeling of the lights!!! There is a bunch of other 03 CTS out there with the same problem all over the country so I must have been bussy going door to door to put this mystery chemical on everyones headlights.... Sorry guys!!! - 2. Right side marker out when lights are on, but left one is working fine.... he put in the papers that this is normal conditions that the sidemarker don't work with that light setting. Yet my left one is working!!! Which I pointed out to him and he just mumbbeled and walked away from me!!!
    Little update on this:
    I picked a new dealership to serve my needs and her goes it.....
    1. Headlamps peeling: I wasn't told that I put something on them, instead the service advisor just took one look and said "No problem, we'll replace them for you" - I asked why there wasn't any problem and he told me that they know the cars have the problem and are not going to dickaround saying something that obviously is bullcrap!!! Rydell, you can take a lesson in that!!!
    2. Sidemarker bulb was out, was raplaced by the new dealership! Once again, way to go Rydell and Assistant Manager (Damian M.) don't even know what a burned out bulb is.... and he said he's been working for GM for 30 years.... wow, I hope he's kidding about that.....

Another thing I didn't point out was that they do have speed bumps there, and on numerous ocassions I have seen them just speed through them (I wonder how much damage that can do to your car... )

I have told Cadillac Support about all this and about this site, and not much happened.... They spoke to the service manager only at the dealership, and didn't bother going to the General Manager or whomever is in charge.... o well, can't get everything..... but, this is some terrible stuff Rydell of Northridge!!!

Sorry for all the post by me, but I do want to make sure people are aware of this, I didn't know any better and hope this helps others save some headaces in the future!!! And I have told both Cadillac Support and the dealership about this site so they can view these posts and make comments if they like, I'm not hidding this one from anyone - just figured I share that as well!!!

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 MN6 V Coupe, 2015i Escalade Premium

Rydell Cadillac is terrible! Probably the worse Cadillac service facility on the west coast.

I had my STS-V in there for a low tire pressure sensor reading which they found was metal in the tire so they sent the tire out to Northridge Tire Pros. Either Rydell or Northridge tire scraped the wheel while they were fixing the flat tire. It was really bad and I noticed it when picking up the car from Rydell and I brought it to their attention since my STS-V has 1600 miles on it and is new and in perfect shape.

Damien straight out told me that I would have to deal with tire pros. Can you believe this crap? Needless to say, I called GM's Cadillac Customer Assistance center, Gus Garcia (General Manager of all Rydell Stores) and the owner of the tire pros. The only person willing to help me was the owner of the Tire Pros which is odd because I took my car to RYDELL CADILLAC and they should have covered the damage and gotten me a new wheel. The owner of the tire pros wants to send my wheel out to get repaired and give me a loaner wheel which I don't want, but what can I do? I want a new wheel on my car since my car is new.

Yesterday, Carlos Dominguez (General Manager of Rydell Cadillac) called me to apologize and said he will work with the owner of tire pros to get me taken care of. I was blown away by this because Rydell doesn't seem to be customer service oriented.

I told Carlos that I want a new wheel, not a used wheel and not my wheel out for two weeks for a repair and he said that he will see what he can do. I can't imagine that someone will call me back and say that they will get me a new wheel.

Oh well, I think I will go to Silver Star Cadillac. It is a bit out of my way, but the service manager there is a so good to deal with and the service facility knows how to take care of customers.

SG

phosphene is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1999 Seville STS

Good to kknow to stay away from Rydell.

Can anybody give any positive feedback about repair shops in the area? North hollywood / SFV. I'm new in the area and new with cadillacs. i need a good shop.

Quote Originally Posted by phosphene View Post
    Good to kknow to stay away from Rydell.

Can anybody give any positive feedback about repair shops in the area? North hollywood / SFV. I'm new in the area and new with cadillacs. i need a good shop.
    try Casa Automotive Group
    14401 ventura blvd.
    sharman oaks, ca 91423
    tel: 818.981.2000

my service advisor was Jim Rodgers, he did a pretty good job IMO!
    give them a try and hopefully they'll do right by you and your ride!!!

also check out this link: http://www.cardealerrank.com/dealerl...e=CA&submit=GO
    might give you a little more info on dealers around in the area

Caddycrown_Hollywood is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2002 Escalade, 1985 Seville Elegante

Good to know it's crap. I have bought mine in West L.A. at Martin's and trust me I had no better experience! I also have read online such awful ratings about the majority of Cadillac dealers in the Los Angeles area...what a shame for this brand. I have heard that "Casa De Cadillac" in Sherman Oaks is really good though. My next buy will give it a try

ScalarArcMode is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Automobile(s): NONE

Angry Re: Rydell Cadillac in Northridge, CA

I applied for a technician job at this dealer back in the mid-nineties.
    I was dressed nice and was completely cordial with the people there.
    After having me wait for an hour outside, I was summoned inside by the service manager and the old bastard had the gall to tell me that "I wasn't intelligent enough" to be employed there.
    I walked out with a thanks for your time, suppressing my urge to descend to his level and levy a multitude of insult in his direction and left there with my head held up high. After all, my IQ sat around 150, I had some college, and had factory certs from two luxury car manufacturers at the time. Their loss.
    After this I went on to work in entertainment. Funny how things work themselves out.
    Thank you for this thread, nothing like a little payback for being treated shabbily by wannabe elitist scum.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.