Ettleson Cadillac, Hodgkins IL
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Ettleson Cadillac, Hodgkins IL in Cadillac Reviews; these guys opened the door for me when i pulled in for service . they took care of every problem ...
    roquesr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville

Ettleson Cadillac, Hodgkins IL

these guys opened the door for me when i pulled in for service . they took care of every problem i had with the car . washed it when they returned it to me ,service and techs did a good job. if your in this area they will take care of you

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JohnLagowski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Re: ettleson cadillac,hodgkins il

Horrific service department. Took the car in because I've had a terrible squeal noise coming from the front end when I drive in reverse over a bump. Over the course of a year, I complained of the noise 5 times (whenever I'd take the car in for maintenance or recalls). The service manager Peter Engle said there is nothing they can do. Here is his email message to me:

"John- I have reviewed the video it seems to me that this is the same issue we tried to address previously. I was directly involved in checking this vehicle last time. We found no defects in any suspension components-steering. The condition is caused by the variation in pavement and the way the tire goes over. If you recall I drove another vehicle same make and model and it made the identical noise when driven over that pavement. I am sorry that you do not feel this is the correct answer. If there was a repair we could make to change this, we would certainly do that.
    Sincerely, Peter"

In other words, all SRX's make this noise so go away.

I cannot find how to upload a video to this forum. If there is a way please let me know. You will be shocked to hear the pitch, volume, and duration of the squeal. (or I can email it to you).

Every month I write a check out for this car. And it just stings when I hear what I am paying for. It's embarrassing when my friends and family are in the car since they know I pay a lot of money for what is supposed to be a nice ride.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLagowski View Post
    Horrific service department. Took the car in because I've had a terrible squeal noise coming from the front end when I drive in reverse over a bump. Over the course of a year, I complained of the noise 5 times (whenever I'd take the car in for maintenance or recalls). The service manager Peter Engle said there is nothing they can do. Here is his email message to me:

"John- I have reviewed the video it seems to me that this is the same issue we tried to address previously. I was directly involved in checking this vehicle last time. We found no defects in any suspension components-steering. The condition is caused by the variation in pavement and the way the tire goes over. If you recall I drove another vehicle same make and model and it made the identical noise when driven over that pavement. I am sorry that you do not feel this is the correct answer. If there was a repair we could make to change this, we would certainly do that.
    Sincerely, Peter"

I cannot find how to upload a video to this forum. If there is a way please let me know. You will be shocked to hear the pitch, volume, and duration of the squeal. (or I can email it to you).

Every month I write a check out for this car. And it just stings when I hear what I am paying for. It's embarrassing when my friends and family are in the car since they know I pay a lot of money for what is supposed to be a nice ride.
    It's not hard to post a video, just upload it to Youtube or Dailymotion or any of several sites that provide free video hosting. Then post the link to the video here. If you use YouTube or Dailymotion you can even imbed it so people can watch it while reading the thread.

I didn't hear you say the dealer was wrong about all of them doing that. You might want to clarify.
    When in doubt, yes, I am probably joking.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by JohnLagowski View Post

Sincerely, Peter"

Hi JohnLagowski,

I am very sorry for the frustration caused by the lack of a resolution for this squeal noise with your SRX. Have you received a second opinion on what may be causing this to occur? Additionally, as Hoosier Daddy stated, were the steps outlined by the service manager in the email accurate? Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name (for convenience sake), personal contact information, and some additional information on the concern, and we can discuss this situation further.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Your date of birth and age are displayed in several places on the forum. Only the administrator will have access to your date of birth should you choose to hide it via the privacy option below.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.