BS Service at Dealership
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, BS Service at Dealership in Cadillac Reviews; Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the quality of service at their dealership?? I had a few ...
    haute_heir is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Angry BS Service at Dealership

Just wondering if anyone has had any issues with the quality of service at their dealership?? I had a few warranty glitches with my 05' CTS (3k kms)that I took into GSL Calgary this morning... While doing my paperwork the advisor asked how old I was, then stated since I was 21, they would be unable to provide me with a cadillac loaner car, and all they could provide was in an Impala! Meanwhile 2 other middleaged customers with Cadillacs checked in their own cars and drove away happily with their equivelant Caddy loaner cars. I asked what difference it makes when its my insurance policy that covers the loaner car anyways. The reply was that there is a policy, that drivers under the age of 25 are not allowed to drive Cadillac loaner cars, or SUV's!?!?!?!?!? WHAT THE HELL!!?? Did I not pay the same amount, for the same car, and for the same service from Cadillac as the guy next to me? As a previous owner of a Mercedes C-class and Infiniti QX4, I have never had an issue with suitable loaner vehicles since the age of 16. Now at 21, I decide to give the domestics a try, and already the headache of having the car in at 3000kms, but now I am a 3rd class citizen because i'm only 21! Caddy need to rethink their service standard and ethics if they want to compete with the likes of Mercedes, BMW, Lexus and Infiniti. To put it simply I had no preference between any of these brands, but WOW did I make a mistake when I bought this car. In all honesty I wouldnt have cared if all they had for ALL Cadillac owners were basic GM vehicles, but the fact that I get to pay the premium for owning the car but not reap any of the benefits that the next guy does! I phoned head office to have them contact the dealer and work something out....we'll see what happens, till then, I'm one pissed off CTS owner...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Re: BS Service at Dealership

Sorry to hear that. Not all Cadillac service dept are the same. When I was 21 (22 now) the dealer I went to happily gave me a Cadillac loaner. They would also try to get me to upgrade into an Escalade everytime since that would mean extra money in the pocket for them.

msheri01 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

At our store, 21 is the age our insurance company requires. Was the car a rental, or a dealership owned vehicle? Some rental car companies also have different rules. At our store, we only have Cadillacs, and it does not matter whether it is a CTS, Deville, or STS, the customer does not pay any "upgrade" since GM reimburses for the vehicle usage. If we are out of cars, then we use one of a couple of rental agencies.

My dealership uses a rental company for all their loaner vehicles. It is not an insurance issue though, since my insurance is covering the loaneer vehicle for as long as it's in the shop. They stated to me that I must be 25 to have use of a Cadillac loaner car, it's just a policy. A BS policy at that, maybe they shouldn't sell Cadillacs to people under 25 if they cant provide sufficient service to us!? Or perhaps a rebate for buying a cadillac if you're under 25, since I get the same service as an Optra or Cobalt owner. Never had a problem with servicing the German and Jap cars since the age of 16, and NOW I have problems!?!? Any suggestions of how to deal with this before I blow one of my own gaskets???

ben72227 is offline Banned

It's pretty common for rental car agencies (Hertz, Alamo, etc.) to not let people under the age of 25 rent their cars. Dealer loaners on the other hand should be much different....Your dealer must be using a rental agency I guess. I mean, why would a Cadillac dealership keep Impalas for dealer loaners???

Also, you must remember that most people your age can't afford Cadillacs, nor do they want new ones at that. Maybe you should have gotten a Pontiac or something...

Yes they do use a rental car agency, but I really don't care...As far as i'm concerned they can get with the times and provide 'in-house' loaners, especially since the appeal of the Escalade and CTS has really began to draw a younger crowd. Perhaps even a rebate for drivers buying a new Cadillac under the age of 25 since we aren't entitled to the same service...

In all honesty, really the only domestic cars I've ever been in are cabs. It has also never occured to me to buy a Pontiac, I've been driving $40,000 cars since I turned 16.....do you think a Pontiac is really in my league?????

<<<Shoulda stuck with the true Germans>>>

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.