Jim Coleman Cadillac (DC/MD Area)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Jim Coleman Cadillac (DC/MD Area) in Cadillac Reviews; I bought my car from Jim Coleman in 1997, kept going back during all the warranty period - thought they ...
    TZSAWYER is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Jim Coleman Cadillac (DC/MD Area)

I bought my car from Jim Coleman in 1997, kept going back during all the warranty period - thought they did a great job - then after warranty was up - found out that all they really do is replace parts - lots of parts - Case #1, car needed a new ac compressor ($950) - they said it also needed a new evaporator ($1300) - I said why - "because it leaks" - no said I just replace the compressor - two years later ac works fine, no leaks, no refills, etc - Case #2, car needed a new lower water hose - I noticed small leak and drove it to the dealer - they talked me into replacing all the hoses, and drive belt, etc (why not it was over 5 years old) Ok did the job for about $900 - one week later hose pops off car, loses all fluid - I get it towed to the nearest dealer (not Coleman) find out that the hose clamps are either missing or not tight on all connections, and the radiator has a small leak because of possible excessive forced used to make connections.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pmpott is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 03 Redline CTS Lux Pkg

Re: Jim Moore Cadillac (DC/MD Area)

I have been going to Coleman Cadillac ever since I bought my car used. They have been pretty easy-going about replacing stuff under warranty, but I can definately see what the previous poster was talking about when he said all they do is replace parts.

I have had a little trouble with getting my service rep to call me for updates (whether car is ready or not, whether they found problems or not). I have been told by other reps that they usually call so maybe my case is a bit unique. I have also had trouble getting in to do a test drive with them. The "test drive guy" is always out sick, too busy, or not working that day.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.