It was the best of times, it was the worst of times - a tale of 2 Central FL Dealers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ilovethisbar
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, It was the best of times, it was the worst of times - a tale of 2 Central FL Dealers in Cadillac Reviews; Just finished spending the past 3 months researching, and then buying a 2014 CTS. Starting around October, repeatedly checked in ...
    ilovethisbar is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS 4-DR Luxury Sedan

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times - a tale of 2 Central FL Dealers

Just finished spending the past 3 months researching, and then buying a 2014 CTS.

Starting around October, repeatedly checked in on Cadillac's website, local dealer websites, all of the usual auto mag's, independent reviews from TrueCar, Edmonds, KBB, Consumer Reports, and just about any domestic or foreign website that could spell CTS. I repeatedly ran sample pricing iterations for the exact car I planned to buy using TrueCar, USAA, AAA, + Cadillac's own website: 2014 V6 RWD Sedan, Tricoat White, cashmere interior, MRC, upgraded CUE, 18" wheels, and a sunroof.

Armed with all this data, on Christmas Eve I went to my closest dealer in Orlando, Massey, w/the intention of test driving a CTS and hoping to fall in love and then either order one, or take one home that day - if they had "my car" at a reasonable price. Nice folks. Beautiful dealership. Awesome car - what an amazing test drive. Then the fun began. My conversation w/'Timothy' from the moment I got out of my car centered on my having done my homework on not only the car I specifically wanted, but also having Cadillac's dealer cost figures; my FICO score; my special USAA/AAA member price discount coupon showing a $4276 discount off Monroney; and my own pre-qualified credit approval already lined up. Simple? Not so fast, my friend. All of the goodwill 'Timothy' showed me during our test drive quickly evaporated while I sat and waited, and waited, and waited as 'Timothy' disappeared for 30 minutes to review "with my boss" the special USAA/AAA member discount pricing I presented, of which 'Timothy" acknowledged Massey was a participant. Finally, 'Timothy' returns with a special "today only" price $500 off the Monroney. Of a black 2.0L turbo, black interior, 17" wheels, and no sunroof. Wait, didn't you hear anything I said, and didn't you read the discount certificate I brought showing that your company, Massey, was allegedly a participating dealer?

Thank you. Gotta go, 'Timothy'. Bye-bye. What a colossal waste of time.

Back to the internet - let's see who wants my business. Calling a half dozen dealerships within a 2 hour drive of Orlando uncovered an extremely competitive landscape. Each and every dealer, with the exception of Massey, was truly hungry for my business. The best: Ritchey Cadillac in Daytona Beach. Email me a quote on "my car", set appt, show up, "my car" is sitting in the middle of the showroom all clean and gassed up and ready to go - take "my car" for a spin, purchase, go home. Everything was handled within 2 hours, of which the first 90 minutes was spent sitting in "my car" w/their floor manager as I got an extremely informative and personal lesson about how everything in and on the car works. Wow! As a great philosopher (or was that George Peppard?) once said "I love it when a plan comes together"!

Wanna buy a CTS in Central FL? Go to Ritchey - they're hungry, and they will treat you with respect. Out.
    georule likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SC2150 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

Re: It was the best of times, it was the worst of times - a tale of 2 Central FL Deal

Excellent story, and sowing why some dealers deserve the business, and others give all a bad name for acting like all are fools. I would follow up with a complaint on the failure to honor the discount they had committed to as well. Ritchey deserves the business and yours is not the first similar story from the other. The sad part is most fall for the bullying and BS and do buy.

Enjoy your ride!
    RX Performance Products/RevXtreme.com 941-721-1826

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.