Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ in Cadillac Reviews; :banghead2 We were looking for a SRX with a very specific color & trim level, but were having trouble locating ...
    njsrx is offline Awaiting Email Confirmation

Thumbs down Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ

:banghead2 We were looking for a SRX with a very specific color & trim level, but were having trouble locating one. After several call around the grand state of NJ, we found one that had it, Crown Cadillac. They said "yes, we have it right out back. In fact, we have 59 other SRXs in stock". WOW! So we excitedly packed into the car and headed off to Crown.

An hour later, we arrived and suddenly everything seemed to slow to a crawl. We were taken on a tour to see the dealership's silly Advanced Customer Service Terminal, which was nothing more than a silly ATM-looking machine with a card reader connected to a PC. (It in fact crashed during the demo and comically kept spitting out customer receipts every 45 seconds). All it did was show all the free car washes that I was going to get when I bought the car from them. It's one of those old-school sleaze tactics that try to get you to buy into a higher priced maintenance program with unneccessary services like 3k oil changes.

In sloth-like fashion, here's how things proceeded (SP=SalesPerson)

SP: "We have to enter your address and personal information into the computer."

ME: "I really want to know about the pricing."
    SP: "Let's get your information in the the computer and then wecan give you pricing. That's how our computerized systems work."

ME: "Duh, OK. So, what about the current incentive programs (that I knew were running at the time)
    SP: "uhh..I'm not sure".
    ME: "HUH? (Aren't you a salesperson?)"

ME: "But aren't you a Cadillac salesperson and shouldn't you know?"
    SP: "Uhhh...I might have heard something about them"
    ME: (blood pressure rising, receipts piling up on the floor).

SP: "Let's go look at the car"

Upon getting into the car....
    SP: nervously mutters "oh, you know it has 2800 miles on this, right?"
    ME: "HUH? I'm not interested in this"
    :banghead2

ME: "Please check your inventory. I called and asked if you had this car, but all you have is a demo vehicle"
    SP: "Oh it's not a demo. It's the OWNER's car. It's special"
    ME: "So it's used"
    SP: "It's new"
    ME: "look, I'm really not interested. Please check your inventory and see if you have a new one that I was looking for"
    SP: "That will take a while. I have to call out back"
    ME: "HUH? I thought you had everything computerized. Every dealer just looks up a book or in their system. Why can't you?"
    SP: "I have to call the back"

I angrily take a walk and return a few minutes later.

SP: "We don't have the car. You didn't ask for a NEW vehicle when you called"
    ME: "YAH, OK. SURE. You're a new car dealership and I asked for a 2005. My mistake, YAH"
    SP: "how about we make you an offer on this."
    ME: "NO"
    SP: "What do you have to lose?"
    ME: "OK fine"
    SP: "How much do you want to pay?"
    ME: (vile curses are brewing) "You offered to give me a quote so...do it"
    SP: "Let me get the manager"

Another 10 receipts later, manager appears....

ME: "We're walking out in 5 minutes. That's how long you have to come back with a quote on this"

4 minutes later...

SP: "OK, here's the numbers."
    ME: "These are $3000 HIGHER than every other dealer for a NEW NEW vehicle"

So...We left. The dealership is slime. I got three letters in the following two weeks thanking me for my visit, yada yada yada. The nerve of them to send a letter.

Disgusting.

Dealers like that really destroy what precious little image people have of GM.

Fortunately for us, we found a dealership that was the moral and polar opposite of Crown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

powerglide is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ

these slimeballs will say anything to get you there and give you the ole 'computer' BS to get your name and address.......makes me sick. Ive had similar experiences...but thats another post.

your post is real funny though! (receipts piling up on the floor).

glad you found one you wanted.

El Dobro is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I've had really bad dealings with their service department. How do you forget to order an engine for a car that's down?!?! I will never go there again.

Joe Pagano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4

They are scum. My current lease will end on Feb 20 (Mercedes) and I have the need to both change up, and lower the nut. So my wife and I begin looking at several makes, Acura, Lincoln, Cadillac, Lexus and of course MB.
    At each dealer I told the sales person right up front that I was SHOPPING, would NOT buy today and when I made a decision I would only take delivery on Feb 15th.
    Well after a couple of weeks I decided on the CTS, 3.6 lux, blk/csh, nav, 17 in wheel package, moon roof, etc. After a few days the salesman called and said that he found such a car except the interior was black. I told him that I needed the final numbers to make a decision. Well this took several days and numerous phone calls. He finally gave me the numbers and I said it was a go.
    Well I stopped by the showroom on Jan 31. They bored me for THREE hours and lots of paperwork. When I get the paperwork home, the numbers were correct, I found my payment date as the 30th. I called the finance guy first thing in the morning and said they had made an error. And the nightmare begins. They lied, mislead and BS'ed me for hours back and forth on the phone. What I finally figured out was that they did a DELIVERY on a vehicle that I didn't want for 15 days and they didn't even HAVE. I told them exactly where to put this car and stopped payment on my deposit check.
    I will never set foot in that dealership ever again. I will bad mouth them forever.
    But don't give up on me folks. I fould a great dealer (so far) at Royal Cadillac in Florham Park. They are tracking down my exact car, to be delivered on Feb 15th, AND $2.00 less on the monthly.................................

LLT
    LLT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Demos are a big pet peeve with me. I won't deal with a dealer who allows them on high-end vehicles and doesn't put a "demo" sticker in the window. I become literally enraged when I waste my time only to find out it has 2500-5000 miles. It's used at that point. Yes, it hasn't been titled and they've used the Dealer tag loophole, but for all intents and purposes, it's used. I don't trust a dealer stupid enough to rack up that many miles on a $50k car.

RunningOnEMT is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 Redline CTS-V

My parents live right down the street from Crown, and i've seen the SAME vehicles sitting on their front line for the past 6 months or so ...

ok now that aside, here's my little story about crown. I came in from out of state because they said that they had the EXACT CTS-V that i wanted in the price range that i asked for. I show up and granted i was in a rugby shirt and some torn jeans (admittedly not the most high class i've ever looked), i pulled up in my beat up VW GTI and asked a salesman where i could park, his answer instead of being, "the customer parking is right over here sir" was "this parking is for the dealership only, you'll have to find somewhere else to park if you're going to watchung" now WHY IN THE HELL would i cross 22 to go to watchung, thats dumb.
    I proceed to find the parking on my own (which might i add is SERIOUSLY LACKING, only 4 spaces that i could see). I walk inside, and mill around for a second or two, thinkign hey they'll come to me and see whats up. I start browsing through the showroom, looking at their XLR-V thats on display. Oddly enough the only thing the sales manager said to me was, and mind you yelled across the room, "SON STAY AWAY FROM THAT CAR!". I was fully prepared to drop a nice cash downpayment and buy a car THAT DAY, but after waiting in the lobby for 20 minutes without talking to a single person, getting yelled at by a man who hasnt seen his own"package" in 12 years and still has the balls to call me "SON" i took my money and walked out and bought a V the next week at home in VA.

I'll drive up there and show them what they missed...and maybe even taunt that sales manager a little by asking a few rude questions, boy did he ever piss me off.

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

go for it
    id do it in a heartbeat

Joe Pagano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4

Just wanted to update on my Crown story. Royal found my exact CTS, AND, guess what? $1,300.00 LESS up front and $2.00 less per month on the lease.
    And I did make a formal complaint with GM's Cadillac Division.
    Looking forward to our new ride...............................
    SCREW CROWN...........................................

(posting from scotch plains NJ at the 'rent's house)

Well i stopped by crown today, here's how THAT went

I pull up in my nicely washed/detailed redline CTS-V and proceed to be jumped on by not 1 but 2 salesman seeing how i liked the car, asking what they could do for me.

I walk up to the sales manager, bend his ear for a second, just to see what type of mood he was in... well he was in a bad mood already, which was good for me. I shot the shit with him for a second, well after a couple minutes i pointed out the window to my car, said "do you see that nice redline CTS-V out there? IF your salespeople weren't such *******s to me last month YOU could have sold that car to me!!! Here's a lesson for you, even the kid in the ripped jeans and rugby shirt could be a potential high dollar customer!"

Well he was none too happy, and as i drove away down the road i could see him yelling at the salesman who had ignored me last month! VINDICATION!!!!!!!!

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Joe Pagano, you really made me howel with laughter!

You see, I hate to tell ya this, BUT.....
    Crown Cadillac and Royal Cadillac are 1 in the same! They are the same owner and the same management team. I have gone to both of them, for service. I was satisfied at both, but found Royal's prices higher. Neither is convenient for me, both are a "trip" and a half, which is why I switched to Lincoln, and have found THE best car dealer on the planet, at Maplecrest Lincoln-Mercury in Union.

Regardless, Sam DeFeo and crew are the owners of both Royal & Crown, named after his favorite booze, Crown-Royal and his wife's favorite Soda Pop, Royal-Crown.

Should you ever go back to CROWN on Rt. 22 (Showroom) ask for John Restivo, and you tell him that you were sent to him, by me. John & I go back a long way and he'll treat you correctly & with honesty & dignity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
    Joe Pagano, you really made me howel with laughter!

You see, I hate to tell ya this, BUT.....
    Crown Cadillac and Royal Cadillac are 1 in the same! They are the same owner and the same management team. I have gone to both of them, for service. I was satisfied at both, but found Royal's prices higher. Neither is convenient for me, both are a "trip" and a half, which is why I switched to Lincoln, and have found THE best car dealer on the planet, at Maplecrest Lincoln-Mercury in Union.

Regardless, Sam DeFeo and crew are the owners of both Royal & Crown, named after his favorite booze, Crown-Royal and his wife's favorite Soda Pop, Royal-Crown.

Should you ever go back to CROWN on Rt. 22 (Showroom) ask for John Restivo, and you tell him that you were sent to him, by me. John & I go back a long way and he'll treat you correctly & with honesty & dignity.
    i would beg to differ i do believe that John is the gentleman who blew me off ...

Never say never, and I'll not say that's not possible, but it's certainly outta character for John Restivo. I've known him since way back when he sold Pontiacs. He's not that way - but then again, he could be "burned out" from the business. Like I said, I would NOT say "Never" ~ but I would say "hard to believe" as he had a reputation as a nice person and a caring salesman. John, as you know, is a very common name.

can't catch everyone on a good day, but i was VERY put off by the sales MANAGER there, to me thats more important than the salesmen. You cannot function well without a good manager.

I am in no way trashing your friend, just saying that this particular event soured me on the dealership as a whole. Nothing personal but i would never give them a dollar or another minute of my time!

I understand. Truly, I do. It is THE reason, that I switched from 2 consecutive Cadillacs (1988 & 1993 - still own the '93) to Lincoln.
    My choice was either Royal or Crown, and BOTH are a trip for me, neither is in my "backyard" ~ I got good service at both but at absurb prices. I mean I was charged $500 for a power trunk pull down motor on the '88 and $56. for a new cornering lamp. So, I made the switch and have been extremely happy with fabulous service at "Ford" prices. However, they fired the showroom managers & hired a pack of wolves from the university of rip & tear, and I've seen people walk out in discust. I, however, buy from the owner, as he used to be a neighbor of my parents, when they were alive. So, I deal with him. He charges me $500 over invoice and hands me invoice. This is fair & just.

http://www.smatarese.com/forum/sandy/

http://images19.fotki.com/v207/photo...jpg?1124100164

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.