Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ in Cadillac Reviews; Just a follow up. I did pick up my CTS Thursday. Very satisfied. What a good looking mid-size ( a ...
    Joe Pagano is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS4 & 2005 STS4

Re: Crown Cadillac - Watchung NJ

Just a follow up. I did pick up my CTS Thursday. Very satisfied. What a good looking mid-size ( a bit smaller ). The fiasco at Crown turned out be be a win, that cashmere interior makes a huge difference. Returning the Benz was bitter sweet. That 03 E500 is a fantastic vehicle, and the new 07 E550 is even a step above.
    After 4 days I think we took a big chunk out of the setup/programing process. The pre sets, nav, phone, keys, seats, SWC's and home link.
    I also found some oval chrome exhaust tips on EBay, got them last week, and they fit like a glove with only two small bolts to tighten. They look better than OEM. Will tint the glass Tuesday and have remote start installed ASAP.
    As far as ownership of both Crown and Royal by the same group I don't think that it matters. Each location is responsible for it's own image and reputation and that specific management team should take the heat for screwups.
    Alls well that ends well.......................................

jdonlive is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Sandy, your right about John Restivo, he's the best in the business and his knowledge and professionalism is second to no one, but after that it goes down hill fast. The sales manager Blake uses back room tactics, bait and switch, and even has to nerve to over dramatize credit arrangements leaving you hanging for hours, then coming out with some shocking revelation they worked their asses off but were able to get the credit you were seeking. One problem, they never tell you the original deal changed and the terms are considerably different ($50 more in mo pmnt, & thousands more down). After realizing the new deal by reading the lease agreement, Kevin the finance mananger starts squirming after probing about the increases and asking about more favorable terms, but in the end after much negoitiating, it all falls on deaf ears. Then they start the tag team with another Mgr (Odyessus) talking, trying to take our mind off the new deal, and trying to confuse us, then they end up giving us a back room loan for the down payment (thousands more) with terms that would make a shiloc choke, but eventually we gave in to the terms (they just beat us down after 6 hours). 2 weeks later after living up to the agreement, they tell us we cant get the lic plates we paid for until their shady loan is paid in full. This guy Blake used deceptive and fraudulant practices as did his his side kick Kevin and we are pursuing options with GM, the NJ Attorney Generals office, the NJ dept of consumer affairs, and of course many of the complaint bloggs on the internet. This is one slimy dealer to say the least (trying to keep this clean), but keep in mind this is a company run by the Difeo group, and if you check the complaints, they are endless. I can't imagine why?

By the way, during this 6 hour waiting ordeal, 6 people who were negotiating all walled out, and all we heard were "those customers are a peice of shit". I didn't realize it at the time, but that's what they were saying about us, but with a smile. I just came off a lease with a Mercedes Benz E350, but opted to buy from an American car compnay, and I can tell you the treatment from a world class company Like MB is in another league, no, another universe and to be honest, makes you wonder why the american car compnay''s are doing so poorly. Let's hope Congress doesn't bail GM out. Buyer beware!!!!!!!

jdonlive is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Complaint update.......

After several conversations and probes into this matter by GM, they refered me to the General Manager Andreas Odeyessus to try and resolve my issues.

Well......this has been some experience, as he starts with "what do you want", and as I started to explain not even getting in a sentence, he starts saying if you had a problem why did you buy the vehicle, not allowing me to get a word in, so I said you asked me the question, are you going to answer it for me, then he says I'm not talking to you, your an ass, and hangs up......this guy's a Greek immigrant, so this must be a cultural thing to be rude and arrogant.

Ellerto is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

I recently leased a CTS from Crown Cadillac. My first thoughts were not good. I probably don't fit the bill of a Cadillac buyer. I am an AA man middle aged, who looks young for my age. I was not dressed the part the day I shopped for the car. I was in jeans and a black leather jacket. I stood on the floor on a Saturday afternoon in March. No on approached me for 20 minutes. I like to walk into a dealership and see just what kind customer service a dealership has. Well I almost walked out before the FI guy came up to me (after just glaring at me for 15 minutes). There was one sales guy sitting at a desk that did not have a customer that refused to approach me. Finally the FI guy did approach me and went over and got me a sales person. I should have just walked then in retrospect. My salesman was nice (Mike). He took care of business. But I couldn't get over the coldness of most of the other staff in the place. The sales manager was very unfriendly. Most of the other salesman wouldn't even look my way. I felt very uncomfortable in the place the whole 4 hours that I spent there.

I wanted the car pretty badly, had good credit. So, I took the car home that day. I noticed that they did a real quick job on getting it ready for delivery. Even the car jockeys had an attitude. I waited over 3 weeks before I heard about getting the plates for it. I had to call them to be exact. The next day I get a postcard just as I am leaving for the dealership to pick up the plates. Obviously, the salesman notified someone and they rushed out the notification to pickup the plates. I bought the base model which did not come with a spare tire for some reason. Just a run flat kit and a tire pump. What a rip off.

I also bought the glass etching for security. I was given the runaround by another salesperson to go back to the service department to get the glass etched. After being corralled around like cattle rudely, I was sent back up front to my salesperson who is supposed to do the etching. Now I have to go back and have that done. He had a customer and I did not want to spend hours waiting around the showroom to have this done. My salesperson did tell me that anyone could do this for me, but no one seemed willing to pitch in. Oh, about the spare tire, I was quoted a price of $450 dollars to buy a doughnut spare. What a ripoff. I thought when you bought a "premium" car from a company that was about to go out of business, that you would get premium service. Well, I see that is not going to be the case here. I will never purchase a car there again. American car companies should get with the program. It is really easy to see why General Motors is in trouble. I am not looking forward to the next three years of getting "service" from this dealer.

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerto
    I am an AA man middle aged, who looks young for my age. I was not dressed the part the day I shopped for the car. I was in jeans and a black leather jacket. I stood on the floor on a Saturday afternoon in March. No on approached me for 20 minutes.
    You dressed like a slob, went shopping for a luxury car, and you're surprised that the salesmen weren't fighting over you. Okay, what did I miss? Go back in a suit with gold cufflinks, shiny shoes, and a Rolex watch and they would claw each others' eyes out to get your attention. The fact you were ignored has everything to do with perception and little to nothing to do with the fact that you're middle aged and AA. Perception is everything. When I go car shopping I borrow my FIL's plane jane car and go in rags too. I may make a six figure salary but I don't have "sucker" written across my forehead. You can't have it both ways though.

Several years back I read a story about a church that was getting a new preacher. On the preacher's first day he dressed in dirty rags, he didn't shave or bathe for a few days before, and he came into the church and sat by himself. Nobody greeted him and people made a point to avoid him because of his unkempt appearance and malodor. He didn't get up and reveal himself to the congregation until 15 minutes after the service started. It was no surprise that people avoided him (human nature), and of course he pointed out the obvious flaws to his new congregation. I'm sure he made one hell of a first impression, and drove home his point. I'd say you were doing the same, but I hope you're not eluding to the idea that you were ignored based on your race.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellerto
    I bought the base model which did not come with a spare tire for some reason. Just a run flat kit and a tire pump. What a rip off.
    I stand to be corrected, but even the top of the line V models come with the same. The idea is sold as a "weight saver" but I agree with you that it's a cheap route. I bought a top of the line truck once that came without floor mats. I actually had to buy floor mats for a truck with heated leather seats, navigation, dual climate control, etc. It's just nickel and dime cheap BS.

In my humble opinion you should choose where you spend your hard earned money more wisely my friend. People in sales have a job to do, and part of that is making you feel like you're well taken care of. If they don't do that and you take their abuse and still buy for them then you deserve exactly what you get. Either demand better and spend your money elsewhere or eat crow and gripe about it on an internet forum afterwards....I guess.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.