Peacock Cadillac - Houston, Texas
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Peacock Cadillac - Houston, Texas in Cadillac Reviews; About a year and a half ago this dealership installed a new A/C compressor and various related parts in our ...
    CaseyC is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Peacock Cadillac - Houston, Texas

About a year and a half ago this dealership installed a new A/C compressor and various related parts in our '86 Fleetwood. Two weeks ago the copressor stopped engaging, and since there was a life-time warranty on the previous work we took it back for repairs. After checking the car, we received the following estimate (for a $98 charge):

The reason the compressor would not kick in was low refrigerant charge. The system has three small leaks: one at the dryer, one at the pressure switch and one at the evaporator core (don't know how they could say that, because the cover was never removed). Bottom line, $700 in parts and $1500 in labor.

I took the car to an independent repair shop for a second opinion. Refrigerant charge is normal. The "leaks" were very minor and in a year and a half since the compressor was changed had only formed a very small wet spot at the fittings. The problem was an "A/C control switch". Parts $212.50 ..... labor $60. No R134 was added and the unit cools as well as before.....I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

Klaus Cook
    Houston, Texas

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mark W. Ingalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Peacock Cadillac - Houston, Texas

I, too, had bad experience with this dealership. They seemed like outlaws to me, so I didn't even let them have my keys. Instead I went up the road to

EMONTROND AUTO COUNTRY, INC.
    888 I-45 S, CONROE, TX 77304-2628
    Phone: (936) 539-3181
    Fax: (936) 442-4370

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.