Parks Cadillac, Hilton Head Island, SC
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Parks Cadillac, Hilton Head Island, SC in Cadillac Reviews; While on vacation recently, I stopped in to Parks Cadillac to look at Devilles. Several years ago, I had a ...
    milkco is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thumbs down Parks Cadillac, Hilton Head Island, SC

While on vacation recently, I stopped in to Parks Cadillac to look at Devilles. Several years ago, I had a positive visit to the Service Department there. Well, I found a nice '01 Certified DHS and started talking to a saleman. Won't give his name but he used to be a golf professional. One of the first things I asked him about was sales tax. He assured me that I would only be liable for paying sales tax on the difference between my trade and the selling price of the Caddy. Since I live in Ohio he even double checked with someone. (he said). He also told me that the DHS had a 6 CD capacity player in the dash (Wrong), and that it had been the 10th new Cadillac the previous owner had bought. (The emblem on the grill has VII). He also stated it had been bought there new. I did some research on it over the weekend and made an offer on it. We settled on $7,800.00 and my trade. After the paperwork was done and I had verified with the finance manager about the sales tax, I drove off with the vehicle. Well, when I got back to where I was staying, I noticed the front bumper cover was loose near the license plate cover. There was only a owner's manual and not a whole set of informational booklets, and no cargo net. Took it back the next day and got the bumper fixed, a cargo net, but no owner's manual set. I asked the service department for a printout of the service records. They told me they had no records on the vehicle. Strange. Bought there but not serviced there. Anyway, I drove it home and went to the title agency the next week to transfer the title and the plates. That's when I found out instead of $550 sales tax, that there would be over $1600 sales tax. Seems the difference formula only works on New car purchases. I called the dealership and spoke to the Finance manager. The next day I spoke to supposedly the General Manager. She told me she would look into it and get back with me immediately. She is still working on it because I haven't got a call back from her yet! The salesman then called later that day. The conversation I had with the Finance manager and the salesman were strange in that both of them said the exact same thing to me. Almost word for word, only a day apart. "I don't recall telling you that about the sales tax, I am sorry that you misunderstood". When I told them both that I did not misunderstand because I wrote down the exact figures in my notepad that they had written down for me, they both once again made the same exact statement again, "I don't recall telling you that about the sales tax, I am sorry that you misunderstood". If I hadn't been so ticked off about being deceived, I would have laughed. They both must have been reading off the same excuse list or attended the same training session. Bottom line is that if I had known that the actual cost of the vehicle was $1100 more, I would not have purchased the vehicle. That and the fact they took some of the accessories out of the vehicle and then told me that they didn't come with that vehicle. Very disappointed and not a good start to owning this car.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

grizzely is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Parks Cadillac, Hilton Head Island, SC

call GM customer service let them know what happened they keep records on the dealers and complaints

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.