Frank Shirey Cadillac, Oak Lawn, IL
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Frank Shirey Cadillac, Oak Lawn, IL in Cadillac Reviews; Good looking dealership, everyone smiles and greets the customers. The service department is inmaculate, I mean it looks like an ...
    RERM is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs up Frank Shirey Cadillac, Oak Lawn, IL

Good looking dealership, everyone smiles and greets the customers. The service department is inmaculate, I mean it looks like an operating room. and, at least the service advisor that took care of me, Kenneth Kolb, was a true professional. I'm very, VERY impressed with them. Only thing I did not like was, they returned my car without washing it.

However their look, and their treatment of customers was A-1.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

digitalcaddie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '02 Escalade

Re: Frank Shirey Cadillac, Oak Lawn, IL

For those in Chicago-land, avoid Cadillac of Naperville. I needed a second FOB for my car so I get a quote from them: $60 if you buy their FOB and they program it for you for free. I say "I can get a FOB off eBay for $10, how much to program that one?" They reply "$60 to program an outside FOB". I say "the seller says he'll include programming instructions" and the dealer claims "it won't work...you need a $2000 computer that only dealers have to program the FOBs." I go with the guy from eBay, programmed the thing myself with no computer and everything works fine. So either Cadillac of Naperville is trying to hose me over or they don't know their Cadillacs.

Different occasion. My alternator goes out so I ask the guy at the service department at Cadillac of Naperville for a quote. I don't remember what price he gave me, but it was high so I asked whats up with that. He says you have to drop the A/C compressor to get the alternator out which is a good chunk of labor. So I go to my local mechanic and the job did take him a while cuz he had to move the radiator, but definitely not the A/C compressor. So once again Cadillac of Naperville was either lying to me or they don't know their cars...either way that's NOT who I want to give my biz to/NOT who I want working on my car. DON'T DEAL WITH CADILLAC OF NAPERVILLE.

hugo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac STS

Quote Originally Posted by RERM View Post
    Good looking dealership, everyone smiles and greets the customers. The service department is inmaculate, I mean it looks like an operating room. and, at least the service advisor that took care of me, Kenneth Kolb, was a true professional. I'm very, VERY impressed with them. Only thing I did not like was, they returned my car without washing it.

I agree 100 %. I took my new STS in because the cruise control was only working about half the time and got prompt courteous service. It took a full week to get it fixed but they gave me a new Cadillac loaner so no problem. They didn't wash my Caddy either but it really didn't need it.

southsider is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 DTS

Quote Originally Posted by RERM View Post

I remember a friend of my dad praising Shirey Cadillac back in the 60s!! Great to see good service has continued for over 40 years!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.