Scamming Dealership
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Scamming Dealership in Cadillac Reviews; I recently acquired a 2006 Cadillac STS. This car was brought into Canada from the USA. I had a few ...
    vrodguy08 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Scamming Dealership

I recently acquired a 2006 Cadillac STS. This car was brought into Canada from the USA.

I had a few things I wanted my local dealer to look at and repair.

1st off I needed the 2 key fobs re programmed as # 2 was not fully functioning.

2nd I needed the driver side lumbar looked at as it was only going up. I also asked them to look at why the driver seat was wiggly.

After keeping my vehicle for 4 hours the dealer came back to me with the following:

Sorry we can not re program your key fobs as this vehicle came into Canada from the USA and therefore can not be done.They charged me $195.00 to tell me this.

They then told me my lumbar switch needed to be replaced and that I needed a whole new driver side seat rail at a cost of $800.00 plus labor to install! They billed me $134.00 to tell me this. Plus shop supplies etc etc.

Needless to say I blew a gasket that my bill was over 400 bucks and was leaving with my car in the EXACT same condition that I brought it to them. They did NOTHING. After getting mad they lowered the cost they charged me for the key fob diagnosis to $56.00 from $195.00 gee how generous of them. I still left the dealership paying them over $250.00 for nothing.

Unbelievable that GM Canada allows this shop to scam people like that.

I ordered the switch myself and will install it myself.

This morning I took the driver side seat apart and found the only problem was 2 loose 10mm nuts which hold the seat to the rail!! They wanted me to buy a whole new rail remember

I have driven many makes of vehicles and have NEVER encountered such a scam like this from any other dealership.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Scamming Dealership

Venting is good and this is well justified. But please post a review with the dealer name in the dealer review forum.

You say you can't believe Cadillac lets a dealer get away with this. Unfortunately Cadillac doesn't own them. All they can do is make things more uncomfortable for the dealer if they get enough complaints because this sort of behavior is not legal grounds for them to pull their franchise. Spreading the word could be more effective at getting them to change.

If someone else had/has already posted a similar review, you could have avoided going there if you checked their reviews before going. So please pay it forward.

I have spoken to GM Canada about this and so far it's been like taking to a brick wall. They don't seem to care either way.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Obviously you have not had the opportunity to do business with German car dealers!

Truth of the matter is that all the fancy buildings and facilities that "luxury" car owners "demand" along with their luxury cars cost money. My Cadillac dealer charges $100.00 just to drive in the door in the form of a diagnostic fee. This charge is due whether or not they discover a problem or if their parts and labor are applied to a problem are applied to a problem that you identified as the sole problem for which you brought to them for service. This fee could be much higher now as it has been five years since I have been into see my Cadillac (the only one in the Richmond, VA area. For maintenance and other easily diagnosed problems I take my Seville STS to an independent shop and save at least 50% of the fees the Cadillac agency would charge me.

Bottom line, if you want the whole luxury car experience, regardless of the company or the country of origin, be prepared to pay for the privilege!

Quote Originally Posted by orconn
    Obviously you have not had the opportunity to do business with German car dealers!

Truth of the matter is that all the fancy buildings and facilities that "luxury" car owners "demand" along with their luxury cars cost money. My Cadillac dealer charges $100.00 just to drive in the door in the form of a diagnostic fee. This charge is due whether or not they discover a problem or if their parts and labor are applied to a problem are applied to a problem that you identified as the sole problem for which you brought to them for service. This fee could be much higher now as it has been five years since I have been into see my Cadillac (the only one in the Richmond, VA area. For maintenance and other easily diagnosed problems I take my Seville STS to an independent shop and save at least 50% of the fees the Cadillac agency would charge me.

Bottom line, if you want the whole luxury car experience, regardless of the company or the country of origin, be prepared to pay for the privilege!
    Oh I don't mind paying for a PROPER diagnosis but in the case the ONLY thing they got right was the faulty lumbar switch. Remember they wanted to sell me a whole new seat rail at $800 plus when all it was was two loose nuts. Come on how can you miss that? And the luxury car has nothing to do with how they treat their customers. This dealership sells everything from a Cruze to a Caddy. I doubt they base the service on the vehicle.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by vrodguy08

Oh I don't mind paying for a PROPER diagnosis but in the case the ONLY thing they got right was the faulty lumbar switch. Remember they wanted to sell me a whole new seat rail at $800 plus when all it was was two loose nuts. Come on how can you miss that? And the luxury car has nothing to do with how they treat their customers. This dealership sells everything from a Cruze to a Caddy. I doubt they base the service on the vehicle.
    Forgot to mention the dealership also wanted me to buy a new fob.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

To whatever mod moved this to the dealership review forum: It may have not belonged where it started but the thread currently does not include the name of any dealer so does not belong in the dealer review forum either in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    To whatever mod moved this to the dealership review forum: It may have not belonged where it started but the thread currently does not include the name of any dealer so does not belong in the dealer review forum either in its current state.
    This ain't general discussion?

The dealership is Mann Northway in Prince Albert SK Canada.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.