Val Ward Cadillac, Ft. Myers, FL
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Val Ward Cadillac, Ft. Myers, FL in Cadillac Reviews; Perhaps the worst dealership experience I've had in twenty years of new car ownership. I've had a decent salesman who ...
    Sandyfoot-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thumbs down Val Ward Cadillac, Ft. Myers, FL

Perhaps the worst dealership experience I've had in twenty years of new car ownership. I've had a decent salesman who has sold me three caddis and gone the extra mile. Moronic service department. Serviced my Escalade three times for the same electrical problem: do you think I had THREE bad batteries? Several other minor issues not handled correctly. Body shop charged (bilked State Farm) $10,000 to repaint my wifes SRX after it sustained scratches only (not one dent) in a recent hurricane.

Lousy experience. Will try Crest Cadillac in Sarasota next...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cadillacmike68 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 68 DVC, 96 FLTWD Brg, 09 STS N* Platinum, 11 CTS Premium

Re: Val Ward Cadillac, Ft. Myers, FL

Wow, I was thinking of buying a 2002 Eldorado Convertible from them but I sure won't have it serviced there!!!!!

Southern is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird

Can't comment on the service department at Val Ward.
    I picked up my 2008 CTS there on Jan 10 And I just wanted to say that it was the best purchase experience I have ever had.

I have been buying cars for more than 50 years, new ones for more than 25 years, and have paid cash for every new car in the last 20 years.
    I buy a lot of cars.
    Val Ward treats their customers with dignity and their staff, while friendly, acts in a thoroughly professional manner.

If I DO have a problem with their service department I will take it up with Trey Ward. He is the third Valimore Ward (Hence the nickname, Trey) and seems very interested in running a quality dealership.

jaycough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 esv

Sales was great, bought two new 2007 slades. Service on the other hand is not so good. Staff is nice, but there is a disconnect between service adviser and mechanics. After calling GM they started to listen and they now listen to me. unfortunate is I still have hair up on neck. Some item not their fault (GM engineering), but I think they could have handled it different. Right now I have BBB hearing scheduled for 5/16/08 for wind noise. dealer

theloanman219 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Stealth Gray V

I used them for 2 yrs and had NO problems with them. As a matter of fact they were Great!. My CTS V was taken good care of.

ER RN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 cadillac cts 3.6L DI

Sales experience was great, however basic service remains a problem. Had oil change with rotation twice at this dealer and both times they forget to adjust/recalibrate the tire pressure monitor system. First time, perhaps an oversight... second time, inexcusable. Just wasting my time

peeegeee1234 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '07 SRX4

Angry Re: Val Ward Cadillac, Ft. Myers, FL

Purchased a 2007 SRX AWD in Feb 2009...drove home to Vermont same day I took delivery...checked oil several times on trip home (or should I say I tried) but couldn't get an accurate level...got home and took it to my local GM dealer where it was discovered the car had 10 quarts of oil (supposed to hold six). Called Florida, and they paid my local dealer to change the oil. Now I have a noisy left front shock, and no one can find one (0 stock available nationwide). What's up with Cadilllac?

Ticker is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

I'm in the market for a V as well as planning to move to Ft Myers this summer. For those of you with a poor service experience at Val, where do you go for service now? I will likely mod the car shortly after purchase, so any firsthand info on a SW FL dealer that is "mod friendly" is appreciated.

I realize the OP did the review in '05 but hopefully one of the more recent posters can chime in.

Thanks!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.