D'addario Cadillac - Shelton, CT
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, D'addario Cadillac - Shelton, CT in Cadillac Reviews; IMO: Owner is old school, non customer centric business owner you will ever find Sales Staff/Management - classic old school, ...
    mcerino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe,XLR, Escalade, CTS Coupe AWD

D'addario Cadillac - Shelton, CT

IMO:

Owner is old school, non customer centric business owner you will ever find

Sales Staff/Management - classic old school, try to get you in, won't do deal on phone, email and forget anything but Galves for trade in

Service - some of the best people I have ever dealt with, accommodating, knowledgeable and keep you informed

Used to do all my cadillac buying with their Cadillac Sales Manager. Bought my wife's first Cadillac STS from him at Crabtree-Haas Cadillac (now defunct).

Subsequently bought 3 cadillacs from him, acting as both sales manager and salesperson at Dan Perkins Cadillac.

Then went on to buy 2 more cars from him, acting as sales manager at D'addario Cadillac.

So the story goes like this. (BTW - I am a spontaneous car buyer, no dust settles once I have decided I am buying a new car)

We were looking for the cts coupe for my wife. We had failed 6 months earlier to come to a deal due to trade in value on my wife's STS and the CTS-Coupe which had just been released. I called and the sales manager was on vacation. So I asked if the had the specific car in stock that we wanted and that there web site did not show one. After a brief wait the sales person came back and told me no but we could come down and negotiate and they could find the car.

During those 6 months, the STS had the "known issue" of Northstar Engines. the mid seals started leaking. D'addario service fixed it and worked with cadillac so the cost was reduced from $4,400 to $1,200. I have confirmed (see later) that GM/Cadillac paid for this.

5 minutes later I found the car on another car dealers website, Blasius (see separate review). I called, gave him information on trade. He called back 10 minutes later with a deal that was substantially lower than what I thought I would agree to it. I asked for another $1000 and he said if trade was as I said and I did it that day it was a done deal. Drove 40 minutes, and 20 minutes later we owned the car.

Fast forward 4 months. I am researching 2012 escalades but want a premium. I call blasius as they have the truck that I want exactly, d'addario doesn't. With almost 20 years of dealing with the same sales manager, I already knew D'addario would give me galves for my 2009 truck. 20 minutes later I am quoted from Blasius a deal that gives me 6000 more than Galves and full NADA retail for my trade and a great price on the 2012. We agree to meet for them to see my truck and me to see the new one. I promptly call D'addario and get the voice mail for my contact due to his leaving for the evening. Next morning leave him another message because the sales team was meeting to call me. I leave for the 40 minute drive and get no call. I get to the dealership which figures out they gave me the trade in for a ESV and not standard escalade and that they messed up and the 2012 was sold. They gave me a different quote for the trade which was still 4000 over galves and asked me to pay dealer cost for the LED lights that then 2013 had that the 2012 didn't but otherwise they would honor the price because it was the right thing for them to do. By the way that price included a $2000 gm incentive that they had to eat.

So given deal was a little different I called D'addario back and told the operator that my contact needed to call me back in 10 minutes or tell him not to bother. He took the call. I told him the deal, he said he didn't believe me and if I didn't hear from him in 20 minutes do the deal if they would actually honor such a deal. He also said that he did not have the truck I was purchasing, for that matter he had no 2013 and doubted I was buying a 13. I got some coffee and after no call did the deal and bought the truck.

Driving home my cell phone rang. Picking it up, my contact said hello and asked if they actually were honoring the deal. In hindsight I should have known I was on speaker phone. I said well I guess you could say that, I was driving it home. (yes I did chuckle)

At that point Tom D'addario jumped abruptly on and introduced himself as the owner/president of the dealership. He wanted to know what had happened. This was the 2nd car we had not bought or even stopped in given we had to drive by his dealership. We stopped the car so I could have the conversation. I explained that on the first call I had called and he didn't have the car. I told him the above. He then said that he had done all this warranty service for us and our other service (payed for). I explained that I felt in today's world I gave them a chance, that if I could do a deal with someone else over the phone, but had to come into his dealership then that in itself was an issue for me. And that that seemed kind of old school car salesmanship. I told him I felt I have given them more than ample chance to at least entertain matching the deal I had and I didn't believe I needed to do that in person.

He promptly told me then to enjoy my new dealership that he would not welcome my business at all. No service, no nothing.
    I said okay and hung up as I really thought that "getting fired as a customer from a car dealership was actually pretty funny"

A day later I reached out to local cadillac division representative who got a little involved but to be honest didn't really get me anything other than the satisfaction that he knew what happened. He promised some free stuff for my trouble which i never got.

I made one more call to the dealership to see if they were going to honor warranty service for the CTS-V sedan I had purchased from them, but received no response to my voicemail This was done before I calmed down, as my lawyer advised doing so before I decided to walk away than file a lawsuit regarding failure to fulfill warranty promises.

We then sent thank you letters to the service staff (individually) for all the help and support we received over the years from them.
    The story ends (kind of) with the next 3 months receiving repeated mailings from the dealership that doesn't want my service. I sent a certified letter to the owner requesting the same professional behavior response I felt I had given by not pushing the lack warranty service issue and honoring his firing me as a customer. Of course I got a letter stating it was now taken care of and it was their fault those mailings from GM/Cadillac. Well gee, let's see you have the ability to turn them off now, and when you fired me you couldn't?

We still get mailings and emails which is hilarious, but we make great use of them for picking up "pet accidents"

And I have subsequently bought my new CTS-V from the other dealership. Although this time, I didn't bother even calling D'addario Cadillac. But that is "as requested"

Anyway - just one customer's experiences and opinion

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: D'addario Cadillac - Shelton, CT

Quote Originally Posted by mcerino View Post
    IMO:

Owner is old school, non customer centric business owner you will ever find

Sales Staff/Management - classic old school, try to get you in, won't do deal on phone, email and forget anything but Galves for trade in

Service - some of the best people I have ever dealt with, accommodating, knowledgeable and keep you informed

Used to do all my cadillac buying with their Cadillac Sales Manager. Bought my wife's first Cadillac STS from him at Crabtree-Haas Cadillac (now defunct).

Subsequently bought 3 cadillacs from him, acting as both sales manager and salesperson at Dan Perkins Cadillac.

Then went on to buy 2 more cars from him, acting as sales manager at D'addario Cadillac.

So the story goes like this. (BTW - I am a spontaneous car buyer, no dust settles once I have decided I am buying a new car)

We were looking for the cts coupe for my wife. We had failed 6 months earlier to come to a deal due to trade in value on my wife's STS and the CTS-Coupe which had just been released. I called and the sales manager was on vacation. So I asked if the had the specific car in stock that we wanted and that there web site did not show one. After a brief wait the sales person came back and told me no but we could come down and negotiate and they could find the car.

During those 6 months, the STS had the "known issue" of Northstar Engines. the mid seals started leaking. D'addario service fixed it and worked with cadillac so the cost was reduced from $4,400 to $1,200. I have confirmed (see later) that GM/Cadillac paid for this.

5 minutes later I found the car on another car dealers website, Blasius (see separate review). I called, gave him information on trade. He called back 10 minutes later with a deal that was substantially lower than what I thought I would agree to it. I asked for another $1000 and he said if trade was as I said and I did it that day it was a done deal. Drove 40 minutes, and 20 minutes later we owned the car.

Fast forward 4 months. I am researching 2012 escalades but want a premium. I call blasius as they have the truck that I want exactly, d'addario doesn't. With almost 20 years of dealing with the same sales manager, I already knew D'addario would give me galves for my 2009 truck. 20 minutes later I am quoted from Blasius a deal that gives me 6000 more than Galves and full NADA retail for my trade and a great price on the 2012. We agree to meet for them to see my truck and me to see the new one. I promptly call D'addario and get the voice mail for my contact due to his leaving for the evening. Next morning leave him another message because the sales team was meeting to call me. I leave for the 40 minute drive and get no call. I get to the dealership which figures out they gave me the trade in for a ESV and not standard escalade and that they messed up and the 2012 was sold. They gave me a different quote for the trade which was still 4000 over galves and asked me to pay dealer cost for the LED lights that then 2013 had that the 2012 didn't but otherwise they would honor the price because it was the right thing for them to do. By the way that price included a $2000 gm incentive that they had to eat.

So given deal was a little different I called D'addario back and told the operator that my contact needed to call me back in 10 minutes or tell him not to bother. He took the call. I told him the deal, he said he didn't believe me and if I didn't hear from him in 20 minutes do the deal if they would actually honor such a deal. He also said that he did not have the truck I was purchasing, for that matter he had no 2013 and doubted I was buying a 13. I got some coffee and after no call did the deal and bought the truck.

Driving home my cell phone rang. Picking it up, my contact said hello and asked if they actually were honoring the deal. In hindsight I should have known I was on speaker phone. I said well I guess you could say that, I was driving it home. (yes I did chuckle)

At that point Tom D'addario jumped abruptly on and introduced himself as the owner/president of the dealership. He wanted to know what had happened. This was the 2nd car we had not bought or even stopped in given we had to drive by his dealership. We stopped the car so I could have the conversation. I explained that on the first call I had called and he didn't have the car. I told him the above. He then said that he had done all this warranty service for us and our other service (payed for). I explained that I felt in today's world I gave them a chance, that if I could do a deal with someone else over the phone, but had to come into his dealership then that in itself was an issue for me. And that that seemed kind of old school car salesmanship. I told him I felt I have given them more than ample chance to at least entertain matching the deal I had and I didn't believe I needed to do that in person.

He promptly told me then to enjoy my new dealership that he would not welcome my business at all. No service, no nothing.
    I said okay and hung up as I really thought that "getting fired as a customer from a car dealership was actually pretty funny"

A day later I reached out to local cadillac division representative who got a little involved but to be honest didn't really get me anything other than the satisfaction that he knew what happened. He promised some free stuff for my trouble which i never got.

I made one more call to the dealership to see if they were going to honor warranty service for the CTS-V sedan I had purchased from them, but received no response to my voicemail This was done before I calmed down, as my lawyer advised doing so before I decided to walk away than file a lawsuit regarding failure to fulfill warranty promises.

We then sent thank you letters to the service staff (individually) for all the help and support we received over the years from them.
    The story ends (kind of) with the next 3 months receiving repeated mailings from the dealership that doesn't want my service. I sent a certified letter to the owner requesting the same professional behavior response I felt I had given by not pushing the lack warranty service issue and honoring his firing me as a customer. Of course I got a letter stating it was now taken care of and it was their fault those mailings from GM/Cadillac. Well gee, let's see you have the ability to turn them off now, and when you fired me you couldn't?

We still get mailings and emails which is hilarious, but we make great use of them for picking up "pet accidents"

And I have subsequently bought my new CTS-V from the other dealership. Although this time, I didn't bother even calling D'addario Cadillac. But that is "as requested"

Anyway - just one customer's experiences and opinion
    Hello mcerino,

I am sorry for the experience you had to go through with your previous dealership. I am happy to hear you found another dealership you were able to purchase your new CTS-V from. I hope you are enjoying your V! If there are ever concerns or issues with your vehicle you would like assistance with, please reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Good review, but....

I don't see anything later about the repairs but also don't understand how that relates to the rest of the story.

5 minutes later I found the car on another car dealers website, Blasius (see separate review).
    I couldn't find that review here. This thread is the only match for a search of that name.

mcerino is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V Coupe,XLR, Escalade, CTS Coupe AWD

Hoosier Daddy - sorry for the confusion

I forgot to cut out part on the other review as this was copied from a post I put on cadillacowners.com

The sts issue was included because D'addario claimed part of the reason he no longer wanted our business was that he covered the repair. AFter contacting GM are manager, he confirmed that GM/Cadillac covered and not the dealership

When I get a chance i'll copy the blasius review. If your that interested you can view at cadillacowners.com (you have to become a member to see he dealer reviews)

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Hoosier Daddy - sorry for the confusion

I forgot to cut out part on the other review as this was copied from a post I put on cadillacowners.com

The sts issue was included because D'addario claimed part of the reason he no longer wanted our business was that he covered the repair. AFter contacting GM are manager, he confirmed that GM/Cadillac covered and not the dealership
    That's funny. So he says they paid for repairs that weren't their responsibility, apparently to keep you as a customer and then fired you partially because of it. LoL Reminds me of the sales manager who said he was glad I bought somewhere else because his scraps are the only thing other dealers get and he didn't want them all to go under.

When I get a chance i'll copy the blasius review. If your that interested you can view at cadillacowners.com (you have to become a member to see he dealer reviews)
    You should post it here too.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Great story. You may even qualify for unemployment after being fired...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.