Crestview Cadillac - Outstanding Service!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Crestview Cadillac - Outstanding Service!!! in Cadillac Reviews; ...
    2008stsN* is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS & CTS

Crestview Cadillac - Outstanding Service!!!

I went to the dealership to have several items repaired this morning. The dealership clearly exceeded my expectations:

1. Heated Steering Wheel - not working
    2. Keyless entry works intermittently (at best) both drivers and passenger side
    3. Ticking noise from the passenger side – pesky purge valve?

It’s rather interesting the heated steering wheel and keyless entry stopped working all around the same time.

All three items were covered under CPO. Heated Steering Wheel (in-stock – no joke!), Purge valve replaced, both door handles replaced after $100 deductible - Dealer wanted ~ $293 per handle, including paint. I contacted Cadillac Customer Service to inquire whether the keyless entry/door handle would be covered under CPO. Customer Service advised it was not, since the door handle is considered trim, but they called the dealer and worked out the difference provided I agreed to pay the $100. OK, deal!

Oh, dealer found and replaced a worn front hub (thanks again CPO) and I paid for rear brakes, a 4-wheel alignment, and they cleaned the throttle body and reset the idle. Finally, CPO paid for the rental car…

All of this work was completed in less than a day. I wish all of my dealership visits were this smooth…

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

EChas3 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS4 V8 1SG & 2007 STS V8 1SE

Re: Crestview Cadillac - Outstanding Service!!!

CPO is an extension of the OEM warranty. Of course it covers entry issues. Anyone that told you different is blowing something (smoke up your kilt?) I agree that $100 is a pittance. Throttle body cleaning is a good value. These cars hold wheel alignment well, so that was probably more an investment in peace-of-mind.

I'm glad to hear of your satisfaction. I've found most dealers want that.

Did they wash your car?

fly187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac STS4

I just pulled my throttle body off last week. 102k and that bitch was spotless. Looked up into the intake. Spotless. I was like, DDDDDAAAAAAmmmmmnnnnnn!

carter's_sts is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 STS-V & 06 STS 4

That's amazingly fast work. I guarantee my dealer would have take 2-3 days for that same stuff. But, yeah with a CPO, your entry issues should have been covered. You don't have a GMPP instead do you?

Quote Originally Posted by 2008stsN* View Post
    I went to the dealership to have several items repaired this morning. The dealership clearly exceeded my expectations:

1. Heated Steering Wheel - not working
    2. Keyless entry works intermittently (at best) both drivers and passenger side
    3. Ticking noise from the passenger side – pesky purge valve?

All of this work was completed in less than a day. I wish all of my dealership visits were this smooth…

2008stsN* is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS & CTS

When I bought the car, it had the remaining factory four year warranty then CPO kicks in for another two. When I called Cadillace Customer Serivce, they advised the keyless entry would not be covered directly as door handles are considered trim components. After talking about that for a little while, they offered to pick up the entire cost provided I was willing to pay a $100 toward the repaid. Again, in the grand scheme, each door handles was going to be $293 (parts and paint). $100 seemed fair. Cadillac Customer Service called back the next day to see how satisfied I was with the repairs...again, great customer service!

Yes, dealership washed the car too!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.