Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Kachina Cadillac, Scottsdale, AZ

3K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  ben.gators 
#1 · (Edited)
I talked to numerous dealers before ordering my ATS. I'm posting reviews for the four I spent the most time with. Since it was an order, I'm going to wait 'till I take delivery to review the dealer I bought from.

I did not buy from this dealer but did have pen in hand to sign an order.

I contacted Kachina after a deal with Earnhardt Cadillac went sour (see other review). I was initially dealing with Earnhardt because of the size of the dealership and because Earnhardt was the closest dealer to my home. I asked Kachina's Sales Manager up front if they would match Earnhardt's prices (which were based on x amount from invoice). They agreed and I made the trip to see them.

Dealerships have personalities and Kachina's was a MUCH better match for this buyer. They were friendlier and less rushed and even engaged in conversations outside of purchasing a car. For example my salesperson (Carl) was a finacial advisor with a big company who just decided to take a 2 year sabatical to sell cars because he always wanted to do that even if it meant less money. Was it true? I don't know but it rang true and created a more casual atmosphere than most new cars sales floors.

FYI: Kachina sales people are not on commission but paid based on the number of cars they sell.

My wife has some minor back problems and I was concerned about seat comfort on long drives. Carl said come back in the morning and you can take one for the day. I told him we'd be back by 2PM and he said, fine but they wouldn't call the cops unless we didn't come back for a few days. LoL. The seats were great for long drives by the way, better than any of the cars and trucks we currently own.

We wanted the black interior but wanted the Sapele wood trim. Carl said they will swap that from another car in inventory, no charge. They said they would pretty much swap any wheels of the same size from inventory too for free.

Since I did not end up ordering the car from Kachina I didn't clarify what would happen if they didn't have a car with Sapele wood in inventory when our car arrived. Anyone ordering a car from a dealer who promises to swap trim for free should nail that down before signing. If the dealer doesn't have trim to swap, refusing the car after waiting 6-8 weeks is not an attractive resolution.

I was pretty sure I would have to order since none of the local dealers had more than one or two manual transmission cars and none of those were close to the colors/options we wanted. The guys in the back room claimed to find the car we wanted a few hundred miles away. I asked to see the particulars and the car has a sun roof which we did NOT want. The back room guy says he didn't think you could order a Performance or Premium without sun roof. I just said: nice try.

So I sat down with the sales manager to place the order. He showed me the invoice price and that's when it went pear shaped. Although the car and options numbers matched my research the LMA and IMR were way off. He brought me a BARS document showing his LMA and IMR figures but it was for an ATS with different options and for a car in a different state?!? I had no choice but to try to figure out if my figures were wrong and why. So I said I would get back with him to finish the deal once I understood what's going on.

During that time, someone recommended I talk to another dealer. I did and their initial offer was many hundreds less. I asked the Kachina Sales manager if they would match that price and he said he doesn't renegotiate after an agreement had been reached. He did amend their LMA and IMR numbers to what I had originally expected but by then it was too late.

I don't know if the LMA and IMR numbers were just an honest mistake so I would still recommend Kachina Cadillac to prospective buyers. Just double check all numbers which is a must no matter where you buy.

See less See more
#3 ·
Where do you live, Hoseir Daddy? I used to live two miles far from Kachina, and have been in both Legend and Kachina, but for purchasing parts, not for buying a new car!

Once I went to Kachina to buy a part for my '99 STS, their parts department was closed because it was Saturday, I guess. One of the guys there, who was in suit and tie, told me to go and buy the part from a junkyard! What a.... ! Sure enough that was the last time I went to Kachina! I found Legend people more causal!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.