Brogan Cadillac of Ridgewood SUCKS!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Brogan Cadillac of Ridgewood SUCKS! in Cadillac Reviews; I got a letter in the mail the other day from some sales person at my local caddy dealer. I ...
    danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Brogan Cadillac of Ridgewood SUCKS!

I got a letter in the mail the other day from some sales person at my local caddy dealer. I was suprised to find a hand written letter inside the envelope which included his business card. He wanted to know if I would be interested in a new or previously owned caddy. I didn't know who this guy was, so I stopped in at the dealer this after noon. I wanted to see if they had any 1995 or 96 STS's anywhere on the lot. I must have been standing in the showroom for a half an hour before I decided to leave. Lots and lots of sales people "looked" at me and smiled, but nobody ever asked me if I needed help. That just pisses me off. Just because I'm 19, doesn;t mean I'm not really interested. This dealer is in one of the richest towns in Jersey. People my age gets cars like that all of the time there. Anyone living in North Jersey probably knows which dealer I'm talking about. I'm sure glad I don't have to deal with these people anymore. The caddy dealer down in West Chester, PA where I am for school is so much better. The second you walk into the showroom, there are at least two people there to greet you. They are very nice, and always willing to help. Not like Brogan. They really need to work on their people skills. I just hate dealers like that, who only care abou the money and not the customer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

Re: Brogan Cadillac of Ridgewood SUCKS!

That really sucks, but im willing to bet this was a Caddy only, or Caddy Hummer type dealer? While that kind of attitude on the sales floor should not be tolerated, Im willing to bet this is the kind of dealer that really takes care of their customers at the service aisle once you HAVE bought a Car from them. The reason I say this is alot of BMW and Lexus and ESPECIALLY MB dealers are like this too, but in the end, they are better in the service aisle and after the sale perks. Thats not to say ALWAYS but MOST of the time. The fact that they dont NEED the sale, kind of makes me think they have the resources to take care of you afterward. Once again, still not acceptable that it works that way at these places, but once I DO tap on someones shoulder, I get treated very well.

BTW... I actually think it would be tough to find old Caddies at any of your new Caddy stores, I RARELY if EVER see anything older than 98 at any Caddy dealer I visit, UNLESS it is in PRISTINE shape, was sold by them originally, and has LOW LOW miles, otherwise they just send it to the auction since the value goes to nothing.

majax is offline 32V Northstar

I am going to be taking my car down to see the dealer one of these days and I am weary on how they will treat me in the service department. Maybe the sales reps thought you were already helped by another rep

I know the feeling though, drives me nuts. Then I start doing this walk buy thing and hint for attention never works, only done it once.

danbuc is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '87 Jeep, '10 Thruxton, '00 Duc 748, '01 748R (853cc)

Playdrv4me, it is a Cadillac/Buick dealer. The treatment in the service department is not much better. I remember a while back when my friend had to have his EGR valve replaced in his 1995 Deville Concours, it took him 4 trips over 2 months to finally get them to replace it. Each time he went in, he would explain to them that it needed to be replaced. Each time he got the car back, it hadn't been done. I once went in to ask for the part numbers for my front struts, and the dude at the service counter said, "I can't give you the numbers, because our tech's won't get paid". I then said, "Don't the tech's get paid flat rate or by the hour and not on the price of parts?". The dude then said, "Yes, but I still can't give them to you." At that point, I said, "The hell with this crap!" and left. I didn't feel like paying $750 per strut when I could get them for aroun $500 myself. All I needed was the part number. What a bunch of f**ker's.

Playdrv4me is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2008 Mini Cooper Clubman S

I stand corrected. If thats true, thats shitty treatment.

Msilva954 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 92 Deville

I cant say I like the atmosphere at mine either......Bayview Cadillac.....biggest dealer in the world.....and I went twice this week.....after arguing about the POS vogues I bought....they ignore you but when you mention buying something...they whip out their business card..pisses me off....but I cant say I like any car dealer.....I apprieciate when they dont come up to me because I usually know much more about the cars then them anyway.

evilrussian is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '83 SDV, '91 SDV

Lol, when I was like 17-18yrs old I used to go to University Cadillac just down the street here, to look at new cars or get some parts. And nobody would ever come up to me and help, real snobby bastards! A few weeks ago I went to see what the '05 STS looks like and some really hot blonde in her early 20's was up in my face, before I could even circle around the car. Maybe because I drove up in my Acura, not in my rusty ol' DeVille, or just the fact that I am 26 now and look a lot more mature? I must admit it was a completely different treatment! Of course I started bullshitting that I am Cadillac-crazy and was interested in this new GMs engineering marvel, STS, (yea, right, I wish I could afford a floor mat from an STS!) and then I mentioned that I had a classic 83 DeVille and a 90 Brougham (she asked me what Brougham was, lol) But when she said that she only been working there less than a month, obviosly had no clue about the product, I felt bad wasting her time and told her that I'd come back after thinking about it Well, I'm sure I'm not the ONLY tirekicker that comes to that dealership, she betta learn!

Dadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 Kia Optima SX 2013 Kia Optima SXL

If you are looking for a great Caddy dealer in NJ, check out McGuire Cadillac in Woodbridge. When I was looking for my car, I went there, since they are local. We couldn't come to terms on the trade, so I walked out on the guy. Both myself, and the salesman, were very calm, and professional, about the disagreement. Even after the "problem", anytime I go to the dealer to pick something up, the same salesman, always greets me, with a hello and a handshake. He treats me better than most other salesman, from other dealers, that I actually bought cars from. I wish that I could have bought a car from them. They are a great dealership to do business with.

Don

I too used to got to Univeristy Cadillac........actually my car is a University Cadillac Special Gold edition yada yada yada.......they treated my nice and offered to let me test drive an 04' Deville......I even said I was only 16....they kept insisting....I turned down anyway....dont kno why i stopped goin there.

Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '93 Cadillac 60 Special; '03 Lincoln TownCar Limited ED

Jersey-ites, can go to Crown Cadillac in Watchung (Route #22, Eastbound) and ask for John Restivo (Sales). Tell him Sandy Block sent you to him. You'll get the treatment that you deserve. If you want him to be 100% honest with YOU, then you must be 100% honest with him. Be sure to tell him you came there on my reccomendation, otherwise he'll treat you like a regular tired kicking BS-artist. John & I go baaaaaack a loooong way! He's a really good guy. They sell Cadillac/Oldsmobile and are an old time dealer.

On another note, when I sold cars (1968-1996) I'd ALWAYS acknowledge customers in the showroom, immediately upon their entering. I'd tell them MY name and the name of the dealership, and then excuse myself for like 5 minutes so they'd have a chance to get comfy with their surroundings and sniff around. I'd say, "Hi, and welcome to Maplewood Dodge. I'm Mr. Block and may I be of assistence?" 99% would retort, "I'm just looking" to which I'd say, "If you'll excuse me for a moment I have a customer on the phone, can I bring you a cup of coffee?" (and then I'd dissappear and leave 'em alone for like 5 to 8 minutes, but I'd keep an eye on them and if they began to migrate towards the exit, I'd suddenly appear, to ward off their leaving.
    It's hard to the "right" thing, when you speak to 50 or so people a week, and everyone is a different personality, and each has certain needs, and each comes in with different baggage from prior showroom experiences. You just cannot be perfect 100% of the time in their eyes. I personally hated wise-@$$ know it alls who came in with a lousey attitude and were abusive and vile.

Sandy, you were the perfect sales man then...haha....I hate when they peer over your shoulder constantly......

If she was young & pretty, and it was a ~HOT~ Summer's day, I'd peer over her shoulder, too!

HotRodSaint is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 1996 Fleetwood Brougham

When I was young(er), I experienced being snubbed at domestic dealers, while being quickly approached by Porsche salesmen on more than one occasion.

I woud call the man who sent you the letter (or the sales manager), and complain about your treatment. Then, ask him for the number at Cadillac to complain. Dealers hate complaints.

You might get something for you effort. At the very least a freecarwash!

majax is offline 32V Northstar

All you have to do is show up in a nice car and ask if they take trade ins

I'll take a cup of coffee Sandy

You guys should read confessions of a car salesman by edmunds.com, it's really good.

How'd 'ya like it?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.