Mr. Walt Barnes (General Manager):

After waiting to hear from you on this email since 1/24 and I left a phone call with you yesterday on 1/28, I guess you are not interested in my business.

I will take my service to Kuni Chevrolet of Sacramento.

John

On 01/24/2013 3:36 PM, John Boren wrote:
> Mr. Barnes,
>
> I want to share with you my experience with the attempt purchase of a Cadillac ATS at your Roseville Cadillac dealer. This is kind of a long story, but I felt compelled to share with you the experience I had with your staff.
>
> I met up with Tom Broughan the week of January 1 - I believe it was a Tuesday or Wednesday evening. We talked about the new ATS and that I was looking for AWD. I met with him again on Thursday night to talk things over because I had a few more questions. Knowing that your dealership didn't have any AWDs on the lot, Tom said he would check inventory from other sites and get back to me on Monday. On Friday morning, I sent him the email below - stating the car specifications I was looking for.
>
> Friday went by, so did the weekend, so did Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Wednesday evening, my brother was in town and we went over that night to take a look at the vehicle. I was a bit surprised when I saw Tom sitting in one of the SUVs with 2 other sales people - staying out of the cold. He approached me again - I asked "Hey, how is the search going?". It was apparent that he had not followed up on the search, stating he just got back that day.
>
> I also have another friend who already ordered an ATS vehicle from you in October through Gregg Ponath. My friend had spoken to Gregg earlier in the week and was wondering if a 'deal' could be done for the both of us. Gregg said he was going to speak to Tom about it - but when I asked Tom that Wednesday evening, they had not spoken.
>
> Tom assured me he would call me on Thursday, Jan 10, but he never did. He did call me back later Wed evening, but the car he had didn't match what I was looking for. He did call me back on Friday, Jan 11 with a potential vehicle, but later that afternoon, he said that the car he was thinking of was one on the lot that wasn't AWD (which I already knew there weren't any). Tom then stated that he turned my paperwork over to Gregg because he is better on the computer to find these types of vehicles.
>
> Since I didn't hear from Gregg that afternoon, I called him Thursday evening and we had a nice chat.
>
> By this time, I have had to start to looking for vehicles elsewhere on my own - checking most dealerships in California and then up in the Northwest - assuming they were more likely to have AWD vehicles. I did find two vehicles that matched what I was looking for - one in Oregon, one in Washington. I forwarded this info to Gregg on Friday, January 11th - to see what he could do.
>
> Saturday and Sunday went by before I got a response from Gregg on Sunday night (see below). The first response was that he wasn't sure that he could bring a vehicle from out-of-state. But, I had already found an online document stating that certain state's vehicles would still have California Emissions.
>
> The last email was received from Gregg on Monday, January 14th. I never heard from him again by email or phone.
>
> In the meantime, I assumed your dealership wasn't interested in selling me a vehicle. I contacted the dealership in Washington and told them I would buy the vehicle from them.
>
> I certainly would have been in a position early on to pay for the shipping costs to bring a car out-of-state. I would have also been happy to order the car if that is what it took. But the lack of follow-up by both sales people forced me to be an informed buyer - by researching dealerships in three states, reading about California emission requirements, and contacting DMV twice to make sure I could do this.
>
> Last weekend, I flew up to Spokane and drove the new ATS back to California.
>
> Here is where I am right now. I would like to have my vehicle serviced in Roseville - more convenient for me. But, after this Sales experience with your dealership, I'm having second thoughts dealing with your Service department. I gather you just want the easy sales and thats fine. But, I had an Infiniti G35 before this new vehicle and I dealt with ONE service person at Sacramento Infiniti for 5 years and we had a great relationship. I am asking you if I'm going to get that same level of service from your Service department?
>
> Here's what I'm asking. If you want my business and this relationship for the next 4-5 years, please let me know. I am also asking if you would pay for the Smog that is required for me to register my out-of-state vehicle after this ordeal.
>
> I would certainly be willing to come in to talk with you further about this.
>
> I did not speak with your Sales Manager Josh - and apparently he doesn't have email, otherwise, I would have included him on this exchange.
>
> Thank you for listening.
>
> John Boren
>
>
>
> ================================================== ==
>
> From: John Boren
> Sent: Friday, January 04, 2013 11:51 AM
> To: 'plantowin@sbcglobal.net'
> Subject: ATS Configuration Search
>
>
>
> Looking for:
>
>
>
> 2013 ATS AWD Performance Trim
>
>
>
> Exterior Color Options:
>
> ∑ White Diamond Tricoat
>
> ∑ Black Diamond Tricoat
>
>
>
> Interior Color Options:
>
> ∑ As long as itís NOT the Carmel/Brown color.
>
>
>
> Mandatory Options:
>
> ∑ Cold Weather Package
>
> ∑ Power sunroof
>
>
>
> Would Consider (but not needed):
>
> ∑ Adv Security Package
>
> ∑ Nav System
>
>
>
> >
> ===============================
>
> Sorry for the delay in getting back to you John, but it appears to me that these vehicles are not available for California. According to our dealer principal the owner of our store , this designation does not work for California. I will try and talk with some of the people here tomorrow to see if I can get further clarification.
>>
>> Talk soon,
>> Gregg
>> On Jan 11, 2013 8:40 PM, "John Boren" <> wrote:
>>
>> Greg,
>>
>> Found these two vehicles out-of-state on the internet. Would you be willing to bring either of these to your lot? Iím leaning towards Car #2 Ė the white one. If not, I would be certainly okay with going up there and driving it back. These two are exactly what Iím looking for.
>>
>>
>>
>> Car #1 - Salem, Oregon
>> http://www.capitolautodeals.com/Vehi...-OR/1856825823
>>
>> Car #2 - Spokane, Washington
>> http://www.campchevrolet.com/f_Windo...AJ5SX6D0138269
>> This guy is offering this:
>>
>> $46,800 for the car
>>
>> $14,000 for the trade-in
>>
>>
>>
>> As for the emissions, the NE1 is a 50 state emission package compatible with California.
>>
>>
>> According to this web posting from GM, the ATS with NE1 or YF5 option is certified for California Emissions. See page 5 "CT/ME/MD/MA/NJ/NY/OR/PA/RI/VT/WA"
>>
>> http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/g...in%20(PDF).pdf
>>
>> I want to get your thoughts on this. Let me know what you think.
>>
>>
>> Thanks
>> John Boren

>
> =====================================
> On 01/14/2013 11:03 AM, Gregg Ponath wrote:
>> John,
>>
>> I happen to think you are correct on this one. I am talking to my people today...I hope to get clarification in a bit. But it seems clear to me from the memo that these cars can in fact be sold here.
>>
>> As far as getting the cars, of course we would be willing to do that. There would be shipping costs, of course, but let's cross the first bridge before the 2nd.
>>
>> Be in touch soon,
>> Gregg
>> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM, Gregg Ponath <gponath77@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> http://www.gmfleet.com/content/dam/g...in%20(PDF).pdf
>>
>>
>
>