Responce to an e-mail from Myers Cadillac (Ottawa) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Responce to an e-mail from Myers Cadillac (Ottawa) in Cadillac Reviews; Job # 21 Complaint: Shift lever delaminating Cause: To be reviewed by GM DSM Correction: WEAR AND TEAR as per ...
    fierodough is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 Escalade

Re: Responce to an e-mail from Myers Cadillac (Ottawa)

Job # 21
    Complaint: Shift lever delaminating
    Cause: To be reviewed by GM DSM
    Correction: WEAR AND TEAR as per DSM - NOT WARRANTABLE

Hard to see but the chrome is peeling away.

Job #24
    Complaint: Right front seat leather cracking
    Cause: To be reviewed by GM DSM
    Correction: WEAR AND TEAR - NOT WARRANTABLE AS PER DSM

Funny thing, they replaced the drivers side a few months back and told me to come back when the passenger side gets worse. Lied to again!!

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Sorry to say this, but a few of those things, not all, I have to agree are normal wear and tear for a 3+ year old vehicle. They did fix your warped brakes too, which I know some have trouble getting their dealers to perform. Not taking any sides here. Hope it all works out in the end for you and that you are able to keep all of this in perspective too.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

A couple things I could see trying to have Cadillac fix. But some of the things, like the finish on the backside of the rims and exhaust tip peeling are fairly goofy things to expect the dealer to refinish.

Things like engine pinging and load leveling suspensions not leveling is what I'd expect to have addressed.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    A couple things I could see trying to have Cadillac fix. But some of the things, like the finish on the backside of the rims and exhaust tip peeling are fairly goofy things to expect the dealer to refinish.

Things like engine pinging and load leveling suspensions not leveling is what I'd expect to have addressed.

Really??

People here had the same issue and replaced under warranty.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...corrosion.html

There are many more cases on google as well affecting the Escalade, Tahoe and Yukon.

That is clearly a manufacturer defect.

And the cracked exhaust tip. This will only get progressively worse. I have NEVER seen an exhaust tip crack.. EVER!

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

Just for clarification on the rim issue. That thread has comments from folks, including me, with 07+ Lades that had rim/rims replaced due to leaking air caused by corrosion and clearly visible flaking/rust/corrosion. I really don't know how my dealer would have reacted if the complaint was about the backside of the rim. Nonetheless, again, I wish you the best. Life is too short to get too wound up about things like this.

Latest update:
    I have a meeting at Myers Cadillac with the DSM, (Randy), Marc Seguin (assistant director of service at Myers) and Bob Rintoul (Director of Serve at Myers)

I hope to get a detailed explanation as to why this incident was instigated by them and a detailed explanation as to why each of my claims were denied.

Lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by TSS View Post
    Just for clarification on the rim issue. That thread has comments from folks, including me, with 07+ Lades that had rim/rims replaced due to leaking air caused by corrosion and clearly visible flaking/rust/corrosion. I really don't know how my dealer would have reacted if the complaint was about the backside of the rim. Nonetheless, again, I wish you the best. Life is too short to get too wound up about things like this.
    Thank you for the clarification. Turns out the wheels should be covered as per GM Bulletin:

#07-03-10-015: General Motors New Vehicle Wheel Warranty Coverage - (Nov 6, 2007)

Subject:General Motors New Vehicle Wheel Warranty Coverage

Models:1996-2008 GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (including Saturn)
    2003-2008 HUMMER H2
    2006-2008 HUMMER H3
    2005-2008 Saab 9-7X

<A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2037107&from=sm#ss1-2037107">The General Motors New Vehicle Wheel Warranty

This bulletin has been issued to clarify warrantable conditions on GM OEM wheels. It is our intent that this one document will answer many of the warranty scenarios you are likely to encounter. Unlike other parts of the vehicle, wheels encounter various road hazards, corrosive substances and abuses that may present questions in both the mind of the customer and the dealer. Eligible conditions are warranted for the full term of the New Vehicle Warranty. Currently for Chevrolet (except Corvette), Pontiac and Saturn, this is 3 years / 36,000 miles (60,000 km) and for Buick, Cadillac, HUMMER and Corvette, coverage is for 4 years / 50,000 miles (80,000 km).
    <A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2037107&from=sm#ss2-2037107">Information Sources for Wheel Issues

The following GM Service Bulletins contain information useful to minimizing possible damage, and reducing customer concerns that may arise through incorrect servicing and improper cleaning products.
    • #00-03-10-002D - Chemical Staining, Pitting, Corrosion and/or Spotted Appearance of Chromed Aluminum Wheels
    • #04-03-10-012A - Pitting and Brake Dust on Chrome Wheels
    • #06-03-10-004 - Proper Use of OEM Service Wheel Weights, Marring and/or Damage Due to Use of Non-OEM and/or Incorrect Wheel Weight Installation
    • #06-03-10-010 - Information on Proper Wheel Changing Procedures and Cautions
    <A href="http://gsi.xw.gm.com/si/showDoc.do?docSyskey=2037107&from=sm#ss3-2037107">What is NOT Warrantable

GM provides many different styles and finishes for our passenger car and truck wheels. You will find both steel and aluminum wheels with painted, polished or chrome finishes available. While each of these types must meet GM durability standards for road impacts and finish appearance, there are conditions that are not warrantable.
    Curb Impact / Scrapes

Wheels that have been damaged through abuse are not warrantable. Finish scraping and wheel flanges that have been damaged due to curb impact are not warrantable.
    Bent Wheel Flanges / Cracked Wheels

Bent wheels and cracked wheels due to road hazards are not warrantable. In many cases bent and cracked wheels result from driving on low tire air pressure or a flat tire. Low tire pressures dramatically reduce the impact protection the wheel has and lowers the threshold where damage may occur.
    Finish Damage / Streaking / Pitting / Corrosion

There are many different types of finish damage possible, resulting from aggressive cleaning products, road chemicals, poor tire changing practices, or manufacturing processes. Some of these are warrantable while others indicate abuse. See the Finish Damage sections below, which give examples of the different types of specific finish concern issues you may encounter.

Warrantable Issues
    Any defects in the finish, balance, or structure of the wheel resulting from improper manufacture are covered under the New Vehicle Warranty for the full time and mileage limits of that warranty. Typical covered finish issues that you may encounter are:

• Flaky or pitted chrome on the visible wheel surface indicating poor adhesion of the plating.

• Polished or machined aluminum wheels that exhibit Filiform Corrosion (chalky white lines under the clear coating) This condition is warrantable, unless it is caused by incorrect wheel weight application and use.

• Wheel center caps that exhibit similar conditions to warrantable wheel concerns.

• Thin or poor paint finish quality on painted wheels. Bubbling / Flaking of the paint.

• Paint damage incurred during stick-on wheel weight changes. (See Stick-On Wheel Weight Paint Damage or Paint Flaking/Peeling Backside of Wheel)

• Flaking or peeling on backside surface of wheel indicating poor adhesion of the plating (See Stick-On Wheel Weight Paint Damage or Paint Flaking/Peeling Backside of Wheel).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.