Hi, this is my first post...
My wife and I purchased our first Cadillac last week, a Black 2008 SRX 3.6L V6 loaded with the sport pack. Let me start by saying I used this site to do extensive research on the SRX before making our decision and I found it to be very helpful. Watching all of your discussions and reading the info posted was the best thing we could have done. Overall, we are very happy with our decision, my wife drives the car 90% of the time and she loves it...(she is hard to please too). The only bad thing I have to say is that the buying experience was horrible. Given the current state of the economy and especially GM's shaky status, I expected much more. We assumed that since we were walking into a Cadillac dealer we would be treated pretty well...no offense but we weren't exactly looking for a kia. The experience was like pulling teeth...I could write a list 10 pages long on how bad it was. From the unprofessional, uniformed and unprepared sales person to the empty gas tank when we pulled it off the lot...the list goes on.
Like I said, we love the car, but feel we got a little ripped off during the buying experience...it should have been an exciting and happy day for us right? Any suggestions on what we can do? Does GM reserve compensation or incentive for these types of situations that we should be pursuing?
Any insight would be great, thanks.