Worst Cadillac Dealership: South Coasta Cadillac / Nabers Costa Mesa, CA
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Worst Cadillac Dealership: South Coasta Cadillac / Nabers Costa Mesa, CA in Cadillac Reviews; ...
    Tenchi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS Black/Black

Thumbs down Worst Cadillac Dealership: South Coasta Cadillac / Nabers Costa Mesa, CA

I have had nothing but bad experiences with the South Coast Cadillac, Costa Mesa, CA dealership, formerly Nabers Cadillac. I thought I had it bad with Chevy when I owned my Z06 (buying a $60k car from a $20k car company tends not to be a good idea). But now I miss my Corvette because this dealership has been nothing but problems.

It started out when I bought my car from them and they pulled the old bait and switch. I negotiated a good deal on a 2008 Cadillac CTS which included a $700 spoiler paid by the dealership. After all the paperwork was done, they said they couldn't do that. Yeah, I ended up buying the car anyways, but still, that was the first instance.

Let me preface the next bad service experiences... I ended up doing a lemon law on the 2008 CTS which GM graciously replaced it with a 2009 without going to court. I appreciate that from GM and will continue to buy their cars because they did put their customer first.

:::Part 1 - 2008 Cadillac CTS:::
    Here are my service experiences which got me to the lemon law:

1/08/2008: Steering wheel vibrates at 55 miles
    Tires out of balance
    Balance 4 tires
    [good first time experience, though didn't solve the issue – service writer Fred Lockett]

1/22/2008 Owner states at 55-75MPH steering wheel shakes
    See file
    Operating to specs. on road test..
    [service writer couldn't experience it, oh well, sometimes this happens]

3/06/2008 Customer states the steering wheel vibration at 55-80 MPH
    Check and advice
    Unable to verify owners complaint
    No further repairs
    [service writer did not care to go further with this one and began to give me an attitude]

4/19/2008 Customer states feels vibration at 55 MPH or greater
    Per tech. line case #10251688 Carmen Gemus replace steering gear to repair...
    Ordered steering gear.3
    [forced service writer to do a road test with me to verify - of course the fix did not work]

5/01/2008 Customer states feels vibration at 55 MPH or greater SOP here
    Internal steering problem
    Replace steering and reset front TOE
    [again did not work - took me 1 hour 30 minutes of continuous calling to figure out where my car was - service manager just brushed this off and apologized – I am dealing with a new service writer at this point named Gleason (very nice person)]

5/28/2008 Customer states feels rubbing type when turning all condition
    Steering rack on order.spac case
    [again did not work, returned the car in worse steering condition]

6/03/2008 Customer states feels rubbing when turning left or right
    SOP here
    Steering gear internal shutter.
    Replace steering gear and re-set TOE.
    [steering got even more worse after this fix]

6/20/2008 Customer states when turning left feels vibration
    Cust road tested with SVC.MRG.Steve call tech line
    Internal power steering pump assist
    Replace power steering pump
    [service manager tested, took the car home for the night after the fix, claimed he did not feel it anymore, obviously was still there]

I had to get the service manager involved numerous times throughout these requests. He did not seem to follow through very well. After this, I did get a new 2009.

The GM District Vehicle Manager came on hard to the service manager saying it should have never gotten to this point. Of course GM was not happy having to give up a brand new car due to the service manager's lack of dealing with the situation appropriately and notifying GM for a fix.

The service manager's name is Steve Hallen.

:::Part 2 - 2009 Cadillac CTS:::

When picking up my 2009, they delivered it full of scratches and without the spoiler they swore they would have installed before I picked up the car.

I had the car for three days and brought it back to get the spoiler put on and the scratches buffed out. Frank, the service writer, said my car would be ready that Friday night, same day. He never called back to alert me the status. I called finally and he told me it would not be ready and it would be ready Saturday.

Saturday came around, I got no call. I called and they said they're working on it. Still no call if it's ready. I called again, the guy said no they are not working on it today because they have nobody to buff out the scratches but the spoiler was on. He told me it would be ready Monday.

I called back Monday because of course they don't keep me up to date with the status. They told me that the guy who does the buffing did not come in that day, it will be ready Tuesday.

I called Tuesday and could not get a hold of anyone. Finally I got a hold of the service manager. He said they are not working on my car because the sales manager had me fill out a paper wrong and I need to come in and fill it out. I was aware of this Friday evening and the sales manager said to fill it out when my car is ready to be picked up. It was a real simple paper that would not have negated the deal in any way. South Coast Cadillac has now had my new 2009 Cadillac CTS longer than I have had it.

I told Steve Hallen, the service manager, that I will sign the paper when my car is ready so I don't have to make two trips in. He again refused to do work on it and told me to come in and sign the paper.

Frustrated, I called the sales manager Steve Hall (yes, confusing). The sales manager said that should not be the case, when to Steve Hallen and told him to finish the car now, and had me come in.

Of course since they didn't start the car, I came in and sat at the dealership for two hours while they buffed out the scratches (scratches were blatant, horrible they would even deliver a car that way, luckily they could be buffed out but there were many and really long ones).

When the car was delivered, it was full of wax residue. It is even inside the doors where it's impossible to reach without taking off the doors. It was already passed closing time and therefore I couldn't ask them to fix it then.

I figured I could wash it off but I'm having a lot of trouble getting it all. There's so much of it everywhere that after each wash I notice a new spot it has this stuff. I called the dealership to please redo the car. Julie Peterson, the customer relations manager, said she would take care of it. It's been four days and no call back. She seems to be a very nice individual. But since I am not being taken care of, I'm guessing she may have been told to not deal with my case anymore.

:::Part 3 - Personalized License Plates:::

And lastly, I had personalized plates on my car that GM was paying for the transfer fee to take from my 2008 to 2009. When I picked up my car. Sal Diable, the finance manager, had me fill out the CA DMV reassignment application and said he would take care of it.

Six weeks later I receive regular plates in the mail. The transfer application was never filed. I called Sal. He got snippy with me and kept talking over me and said I have to pay for it to have this done. I let him know it was covered by GM and faxed him the letter proving it.

I then called GM. GM said the dealership was to report these fees for reimbursement and they did not. So South Coast Cadillac dropped the ball. Since Sal is impossible to work with, and I believe he could care less, I went to AAA myself and GM will be reimbursing me directly. Sal Diable obviously doesn't care because he decided not to file the reassignment application and ignore it. If there was an issue, he should have called me after I picked up my car to let me know there was an issue so we could have resolved it then.

:::Final Notes:::

Mike Marin, the general manager, I think is an unpleasant pompous person. I believe he obviously could care less about my case because he refused to return my calls. My calls to him were about doing the repurchase and where my car was when it was out of service for five days after having it only three days. At least he could have apologized for everything and tried to help me out in order to keep my business. To think, I even sent my friends parents to buy a brand new fully loaded Escalade from them. I wish they got their vehicle elsewhere, as I wish I got mine elsewhere.

I ended up talking to the vehicle district manager because Mike Marin was not cooperative with me. The vehicle district manager is a very good person. I was happy to deal with him and he knew how to take care of customers, something the dealership needs to learn being a luxury car company.

Steve Hallen, after my case, was demoted from service manager to a service writer. I believe Steve Hallen is incompetent and that is why he is no longer the service manager. After being fully aware with my case, he did not handle the service on my repurchase appropriately. You would think he would be head over heels to make this right and not treat me like dirt.

Steve Hall, the sales manager who took care of me, is no longer with the company.

For anyone thinking about doing any sort of business with South Coast Cadillac in Costa Mesa, CA, I highly recommend you go elsewhere. Even my friend, who bought his V8 SRX before my car, will not even go there for free oil changes. He warned me before I bought my car to never get my car serviced there. I should have heeded the warning.

I, too, will not even go back for a free oil change. Since I would rather pay $80 - $100 for a synthetic oil change than get it for free, that should say something about how miserable of a dealership South Coast Cadillac of Costa Mesa, CA is.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tenchi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 Cadillac CTS Black/Black

Re: Worst Cadillac Dealership: South Coasta Cadillac / Nabers Costa Mesa, CA

Here's the company information if you're curious to who they are:
    http://yp.ocregister.com/South+Coast...573p.home.html

South Coast Cadillac
    2600 Harbor Blvd
    Costa Mesa, CA 92626
    Phone: (714) 444-5200
    www.southcoastcadillac.net
    mike.marin@southcoastautoplaza.com

DGruper is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 Deville

I'm new to the group as of today...Was looking for the Naber's website and found the link to this forum.

Tenchi,

We are brothers in the pain that Naber's has caused us. My '03 Deville has been there for five days now after taking it down for a "free" oil change.

Without getting into a long story about it, the short version and message is this; DO NOT, under any circumstances, take your vehicle to "Naber's/South Coast/Whatever their name is this week" for service. Since they aren't selling cars, they are trying to make up revenue through their bogus "service" department.

Now, I'm in a fight with them to fix my vehicle that looks to get really ugly.
    I have dealt with every one of their service "advisers" over the years and every service manager. They want you to think they're doing a good job, but they really aren't. Complaining about it does no good and no one there really cares anything about you, except of course, your wallet and credit cards.

Incidentally, this dealership recently lost their "Approved" status as an authorized repair station for the Auto Club? It's true. Yet they still have the sign hanging up on the building. It's just one indication of what a poorly run, indiscriminant, and dishonest type of business they truly are.

From now on, I will take my car to Jiffy Lube for a $35 oil change that gets done in 10 minutes without any hassles.

Know any good, independent Cadillac mechanics in the North OC????

Later,
    Dave
    DGruper

Jim.Sarvey is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ctsv

Hello,

My name is Jim Sarvey and just wanted you and everyone else on Cadillac Forums that South Coast Auto Plaza is no more!

The Suburban Collection (www.suburbancollection.com/) out of Troy Michigan just purchased the dealership from the prior ownership. The dealership is now under the name Orange Coast Cadillac and none of the prior management from South Coast are employed - there is a fresh start and the beginning of a renaissance for this location - from Service, Parts and Sales and most importantly - client care.

If anyone has comments feel free to ask us ... we are committed to straight talk and answers, flawless client care and the very highest
    professionalism.

We look forward to meeting Cadillac Forum participants, friends and Cadillac patrons.

Very truly yours,

Jim Sarvey
    General Manager
    Orange Coast Cadillac

949-903-9023 Direct

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.