Plaza Cadillac (Cadillac Tony) Parts Department — Excellent!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Plaza Cadillac (Cadillac Tony) Parts Department — Excellent! in Cadillac Reviews; The automatic parking brake release on my '91 Sedan de Ville has been only working when it feels like it ...
    gdwriter is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS (Elvis) 1964 Impala (Betty)

Thumbs up Plaza Cadillac (Cadillac Tony) Parts Department — Excellent!

The automatic parking brake release on my '91 Sedan de Ville has been only working when it feels like it for the past year and finally quit working all together. Checking in here with some of the resident experts led me to believe the vacuum diaphragm actuator had finally given out.

Given this is a rather obscure part on a 17-year-old car, I knew I wouldn't find it at NAPA. I filled out an online parts request form for the two Cadillac dealers in my area. I also figured I'd support one of the forum sponsors, and so I did the same with a couple of supporting dealers here.

Plaza Cadillac in Leesburg, FL was the only one that responded (http://www.plazacadillac.com/PartsOrderForm). Not only did I get a prompt e-mail, but Mark in the parts department followed up with a phone call. Mark's a former technician, which is a huge help when it comes to parts. Since I wasn't sure if this was the part that had failed, he told me a simple test (remove the vacuum line, plug the hole with my finger and see if the actuator moves) to see if it still held vacuum. It didn't.

I had a different part number than the one Mark quoted in his e-mail, so to be sure, I took a picture of the part and e-mailed it to him. I had said I was concerned about having to remove the parking brake mechanism, even though I have a factory service manual. After seeing the picture, Mark confirmed that was the part I needed, and told me the bolt right above it in the picture was all I needed to remove to swap it out. That saved me a ton of time and headaches.

The part arrived in Oregon within a week, and I just finished changing it out. It was still a pain to get to because there's a big electrical connector bundle right by the bolt that has to be taken out, but I managed to get the actuator swapped out, and most importantly, my automatic parking brake works like new again. I don't need it, but it's one of those old-school Cadillac features (like the trunk pull-down--mine still works perfectly) that's kind of fun to use.

I'm sure I could have saved the $11 in shipping and found the part at a local dealer, but I'd rather buy from somebody who follows up and genuinely wants my business -- especially when it's just a measly $30 part.

This is a rare time when I've had to go to a dealer for a part, but should I need to again, I will go to Plaza first. If you need a part and can afford to wait for shipping from Florida, I highly recommend Mark at Plaza Cadillac.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 1992 Town Car Cartier & 2014 Accord LX MTX

Re: Plaza Cadillac (Cadillac Tony) Parts Department — Excellent!

That's great customer service Gary, trust me.
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Current:
    1992 Lincoln Town Car Cartier Edition (5/14- ?)
    2014 Honda Accord LX MTX Sedan (1/14 -?)

Past:
    1995 Buick Roadmaster Limited (4/04-12/04)
    1992 Cadillac Sedan deVille (12/04-9/07)
    1999 Mercedes Benz S320 (8/07-7/09)
    2000 Buick Regal GS (7/09-4/12)
    2003 Mercury Marauder (4/12-10/13)
    1991 Buick LeSabre Custom Sedan (9/12-6/13)
    2013 Honda Accord LX Sedan (6/13-1/14)

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    That's great customer service Gary, trust me.
    That's what I thought, too, and that's why I wanted to give them a plug as well as any future business.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Glad we could help out, Gary.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

ro4drunn3r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92' Sedan DeVille "Gold Key Edition"

Hey,
    i can't share the your "feelings" with Plaza Cadillac, i fill out the online form to order a vacuum diaphragm actuator, didn't get any answer.
    So far... i ordered at https://www.gmotors.com/offer.asp !

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Argh- more problems with our online order form. We've had several requests not show up on our end recently.

Sorry your part request didn't come through- if you're unable to get it elsewhere, feel free to call me on my cell and I'll get you to the parts people here at the Dealership.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

I'll put in another plug for Mark in the parts department at Plaza Cadillac. I called him last week trying to figure out the Passkey system that has apparently fried on my '91 DeVille (details are here). As before, he was very helpful, and I passed along the information I got from Mark to my mechanic.

Ultimately, my mechanic determined the theft-deterrent module in my car has died; Plaza didn't have one and would have to order it, but I was able to find one locally, and I'm hoping I'll get my car back tomorrow.

If the online form isn't working right, call Tony or Mark at Plaza. These guys are genuinely helpful, even when it's a relatively inexpensive part. I'm in a service business myself, so I take notice when I'm given good service, and I like to spread the word.

ro4drunn3r is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 92' Sedan DeVille "Gold Key Edition"

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Argh- more problems with our online order form. We've had several requests not show up on our end recently.

Sorry your part request didn't come through- if you're unable to get it elsewhere, feel free to call me on my cell and I'll get you to the parts people here at the Dealership.
    Oh... that's bad. I will try it again, of course, if need something.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.