Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Rate your dealership experiences:

10K views 26 replies 22 participants last post by  mickmosh 
#1 ·
So how do you like your dealerships, state the name of the dealership and any experience you have had with them. Rate them by:Very Good, Good, O.K., Bad.

University Cadillac (Ed Morse Cadillac Pembroke Pines)

Service: Very Good.....though high priced like any dealer.

Salesmen: Very Good.....not overly aggresive.

Dealership layout: Very Good.....They have their own bodyshop and paint booth, the showroom is also very nice with a great room dedicated to Vogue Tyres and accesories. They also have a very large tunnel like area for you to put your car in before service (away from sun and rain)

Overall I really like them...its a nice atmosphere but like all dealers they charge an arm and a leg to do service....they have great prices on used cars though and many have the works done to them (Vogues;Carrige top;E&G grill)

#2 ·
I would vote, but I'm not sure what to vote. One time they are holding doors and very courteous, and the next they look at me like I just woke up in a dumpster.

#3 ·
I voted "good" as that's what they were ~ but after 53 + years, they retired and sold the land to a "Big-6" Hotel Chain. No more Cadillac Dealership in this county of 23 towns. Sad. THAT is the reason that I bought my 2003 Town Car. The Lincoln Dealer is 8 miles from my house on quiet suburban residential streets. They are the #1 rated Lincoln/Mercury dealer in America, with a CSI of 99.2. Everything there is past fantastic. Repeat business is like 100%. They can't do enough for their customers. I see so many of the people I saw at the Caddy dealership, there bringing their Lincolns in for maintenance, it seems funny. They are the top rated L-M dealer in America. Going there for the first time, a customer is simply overcome.
Prices are the norm, for New Jersey. Labor rate is $85.00 a hour, but the service advisors (5) explain everything in great detail, and expalin their pricing for everything. You get back your old parts & they show you what was wrong. They work with you (if you're a good customer) with covering warrantee parts - after your warrantee is over, even. They have parties, too for good customers. After every service you get called to see if you are pleased, and all the salesmen are really nice, and live in the community. One is the coach for the little league. They are knowledgable & polite.
I would buy there again. They NEVER "knock" another's product, nor another dealership. They just tell you what they'll do and display their trophies from Ford. Once when they were out of Town Car loaners (they have 25 of them) they took me home and then sent a car to pick me up and bring me back, total of 17 miles....and then apoligized to me.

#7 ·
Russ Darrow Cadillac in Waukesha, Wisconsin.

VERY BAD!!

I made a mistake when I bought my 04 CTS there in march. The service manager told me " It would take us too much time to fix the rattle in your dash...just live with it".

That wasn't my first problem with them...but it will be my last.

#9 ·
I had a problem with a rough idle and knocking main bearing.I took it to the dealer because of bad experiences with other repair shops..so I thought I would have better luck with going to a dealer,WRONG!!
I was guaranteed that having my injectors and main bearing fixed that I would have no more problems with my car but as it turns out they screwed me.
$1400 for a main bearing and two fuel injectors was the first :banghead: I should of knew it didn't cost that much but I was in a hurry to get the car fixed because it was still under warranty and it was going to expire within two weeks.First they agree to repair my car under the warranty,then decide not to,no problem the warranty company would reimburse me..but they had my car for almost a month before telling me that I would have to pay for the repairs.
I knew I should of went somewhere else when they said I have to pay for a new seal on the oil pan..$300 which was just replaced a month before,they said if I used the same gasket,it wouldn't be warranteed if it leaked..:hmm: Who charges a separate price for a gasket when changeing a main bearing?I had them use the same one.
Here's where the fun starts,go to pick up my car,they washed it and had it ready when I noticed my center caps were tarnished black,told the manager and he came out and looked at them and said no problem,will get them polished,and then we notice the shine is gone from my rims and streaky..manager says no problem bring the whole car and we will polish your rims too.
Took the car back the next day and let them know it still was running rough,they say we'll check a few other things for you but let's fix the wheels.
The manager comes to me and says,an employee used wheel acid on your rims:bighead:your center caps can't be fixed so we will order new ones,come back in a few days so I did to find out they can't replace these center caps and they wanted to paint them to match my car,i argued I did not want painted caps but that's all they were going to do.I turn around an his employee is scrubbing my rims as fast as he can with steel wool..hoping I wouldn't see him,i guess.I threw a fit,what the hell is this guy doing scrubbing my rims like that?I told the manager that my rims are ruined because not only did they spray wheel acid on them but an idiot just took steel wool to them,the manager turned into a big a$$ and said it would be fine after they get polished.
A month later I take my car back to show them the pitting that has started on my rims and a picture of what my rims had looked like three months before they worked on my car,the manager says,yes your wheels have been damaged and we will fix it,come back tomorrow after I talk to the boss.Come back and this butthead tells me that his employee has the same wheels and they look the same and they deal with newer cars,not ones like mine..what!!
At this point I was going to sue this jerk but I didn't have time to get to court,now I do!
To make this short my car still runs the same,rims are damaged severly and these jerks got away with it,for now anyways.By the way the rims are the 20 slot gold anodized spring edition wheels and the dealer is DeLorean in Lakewood Ohio_Of course there is more to the story but don't want to bore anyone,the one the great thing I did for revenge is put a sign in my back window that said DeLorean Cadillac damaged my rims:rolleyes:

#10 ·
The dealer closest to me it horrible! They wanted to charge me to fix warranty items that the dealer 20 miles away would fix for free!
The other Cadillac dealer was awesome! Everytime I went there for warranty work, they would have Enterprise on standby to pick me up and get me into a rental Deville, or Tahoe!
The first dealer it took me almost a week to get them to loan me thier abused to death Malibu that was filthy and reaked of cigarettes!
I don't see how two dealers can be on total opposites of the customer service scale!

#12 ·
I don't see how two dealers can be on total opposites of the customer service scale!

It's all in the hands of the owner! If it's a chain store, or a big conglomerate, or a "highway" store there's a good chance that service is gonna be lousey.

If it's privately owned, and the owner is on the premises more often than not, and/or his name is on the building, you have a better chance for really decent service.

Yes, there are exceptions, but not many!

#13 ·
Capitol Cadillac in Lansing, MI. Well youve gotta be good when the car youre selling and servicing is built in your own town.Capitol is pretty good, of course pricey as any dealership is. Ive only had one un-acceptable experience in the service department, mostly one of the service guys is a jack-ass. Actually im seriously considering asking for a job there; perhaps tomorrow, was going to do it today but... never got around to it...
Their facility is very nice, garaged waiting area for you car before service, their own high tech body shop with a paint booth or two. Ive never bought a car their so im not sure about salesmenship. They have very little in the way of used cars(something i would like to see improved), but they are also a hummer dealership, so i think all their used car effort went to the H2, including their used car facility.
Overall im very happy with the service and attention i get there, i would recomend them.

#14 ·
Crest Cadillac in Brookfield, Wisconsin has been great to work with. I didn't buy my 04 CTS from them..I made a big mistake and bought from Russ Darrow in Waukesha, WI.

I tried Crest when Darrow exhibited a really bad attitude toward fixing a problem with my car. I explained to the service writer at Crest that I was a refugee from Russ Darrow, and told him exactly what the problem was. He couldn't have been any nicer...and immediately identified the problem, and had it fixed.

That's a big advantage that a cadillac buyer has versus lexus, mercedes, etc. There are generally multiple cadillac dealers in an area...but very seldom multiple lexus or mercedes. If you get a bad dealer...you can try another with Cadillac.

Their service department cost Russ Darrow a customer, while Crest's service department gained them a new one.

#15 ·
I don't mean to break-in here but I think this is a very important discussion. I hope many people participate...

My local dealer in Farmingdale, New York was Sarant Cadillac. When I was a regular customer, they treated me like gold. I had a 1995 Eldorado Touring Coupe (around the year 2000) and they really rolled out the red carpet for me - even though the car was 5 years old. The only thing that ever raised my eye-brows was when I paid $50.00 to have a bulb changed in my 1995 Fleetwood Brougham - but, I hadn't been to Sarant in about 2 years and they didn't remember me. Otherwise, they probably would have just thrown that in with something else I had done...

Nowadays, I'm in West Palm Beach, Florida - and I haven't been to a Cadillac dealer yet...

#16 ·
Sal didnt realized you moved down here. You should get some of the best treatment down here for Cadillacs. The majority of dealerships in mid/south Florida are top rated with GM.

Dont know how close this is to you but it is the closest Ed Morse. Ed Morse Cadillac/Delray Beach they are part of the Ed Morse chain of like 6 Cadillac Dealerships and I take mine to Ed Morse University/Pines.......which happens to be the cars original dealer. One thing I like is their $20 oil changes.

#18 ·
colonial cadillac in trenton new jersey sucks service writer bonnie is rude and stupid.

faulkner cadillac trevose pa is very good but needs improvement.

charles cadillac in bristol pa is making improvements and trys harder.

we have a 1999 sls and 2001 dts

thus i have tried them all in my area.

my two cents
charlie

#19 ·
Being as Arkansas only has ONE Cadillac dealer (Parker Cadillac in Little Rock), there's not much to compare to, but i must say that they have one of the most impressive showrooms ive ever seen and they have a great service department (expensive, but they do good work). When you walk in though, you can tell that the audience they're goin for is OLD FOLKS. Muzak in the background, everythings real old fashioned, etc. They've been around for a long time too.

#20 ·
Ed morse tampa has been great thus far , i wish i could say the same about coastal .....ED Morse is the first dealer ehre that the people have come to know me and basicly have my own salesman whoo keep a shrap eye out of what i want . most people give up but he knows ill buy the right car that meets my specs

#22 ·
Brogan Cadillac in North Brunswick, NJ sucks. The salesman that sold me the car was good and very helpful, but he quit. I have the top GMPP warranty for my car, but what good is it if the dealer "doesn't find anything wrong". I brought GM bulletins with me for the items that were wrong with my car and they were specific for my car by date and VIN. They told me there weren't any codes, so nothing could be wrong. I told them to try reading the bulletins and show me where there are suppose to be codes according to what they read. They found one item wrong with the car and ordered a part. It's been two weeks now without any notification yet. They told me I did need a new air filter and a throttle body service. I told them that's interesting because I did both myself about a month before I brought the car in.

I'm giving Brogan one more week before I call them about the part that was suppose to be ordered. After the work is ever done, I'll be writing a letter to the owner. I had a problem with them before and wrote a leter to him. He had the new service manager call me and ask for another chance. I gave it to them and this is how I was treated when I went back.

#23 ·
Massey Cadillac of Sanford, Florida.. I was really liking them at first, even though a long time customer and friend of my mothers took his cadillac for service elsewhere. Some of you may have read my thread about the 5w-30 incident, was played for a fool on the oil, conflicting advise and suggestions... for this, i give them an O.K rating. (i dont like the atmosphere at this place)

Fred Bondesen chevrolet - Cadillac of Deland, Florida, very nice people.
Parts man went out of his way to photocopy some wiring schematics and throughly explained his experiences when adding a security system. I liked how they didnt seem overeager to please, very laid back.. gonna be my new dealership.

#24 ·
On Sept. 11, 2009 I purchased a 2009 Cadillac CTS from John Newsome Superstore, 1510 South Fifth Street, Hartsville, S.C. 29550. Telephone number 800-922-5315.

I was give both a list of what was in the car a brochure of what was in the car and the car manuals telling me what was in the car. I wanted this information before I started negotiations. The Salesman and Sales Manager asked me to "work with them on the price" so I wound up paying $1,000 more than I wanted to.

I paid for the car the same day and drove it home. The next day I checked it out and found out two items were missing. I called the dealership since my check had not cleared yet and told them. They told me where to buy one item and the other I had to buy from a GM location which I did. I purchased both items which only cost $40.90 and now that my check has cleared they do not want to reimburse me the $40.90. It is hard to believe but true, especially when the Dealership has made thousands of dollars on the sale.

I complained to the General Manager Randy Trogden and found out that he was the person who gave me the itemized list which I relied on. He first said that the list that he gave me was the wrong list had the wrong VIN # on it so could not honor the list. I checked this out and found out that he did not tell the truth because it was the correct list with the correct VIN # on it. When I told him about that he than changed his reasoning and said the car had a previous title? This did not matter because I relied on the list not on the previous title. By the way I was called to see this car when it had only 350 miles on it. Mr. Trogden did not know what to say next and still has not paid me the $40.90?

Cadillac tried to get him to do the right thing and I have also tried to talk to the principal owner and instead of getting a call back from Mr. Newsome, The person who caused the problems in the first place Randy Trogden calls me back so I do not know if the Principal Owner even knows what Mr. Trogden is doing to his Cadillac customer. I someone from Cadillac or anyone else can help resolve this please do so.

In addition to the $40.90 I still do not have either my title or registration and they for got to tell my Insurance Company that I purchased the car. What a mess.

Lawrence S. Schelerro 843-347-2040

#26 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.