Classic Cadillac Atlanta - no love lost
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, Classic Cadillac Atlanta - no love lost in Cadillac Reviews; I took my SRX in for it's first service and was not happy with the results. My car smelled like ...
    srxowner is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thumbs down Classic Cadillac Atlanta - no love lost

I took my SRX in for it's first service and was not happy with the results. My car smelled like cigarettes and one item wasn't fixed. They had to order a part, which is fine if they had told me. Instead they told me "your car is ready" and I assumed (yes, I know what happens) that everything had been handled. I reflected my dissatisfaction on the follow-up survey from Cadillac and also called the service director to give them a heads up that a bad survey was coming.

When I took my car back this week for additional warranty items, my sales person stopped me and told me that he heard about my survey and if I wanted them to continue to be flexible with loaners and appointments I would need to "not make the service guys mad". I haven't asked for anything that wasn't presented as part of their service when I bought my car 6 months ago. The work has all been warranty work so I didn't realize they were being extra flexible.

The service advisor also took me to task for my survey and told me that people lose their jobs over bad surveys. When I mentioned the specific issue I had with my previous visit he told me those items weren't under his control. If he's getting rated on a survey of items he doesn't control, then it's a poorly designed survey. The focus appears to be not how can they correct the problems, but getting me to write a better survey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

91sonomast is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Classic Cadillac Atlanta - no love lost

You will get that, at the Chevrolet dealership I used to work at they did things like that, they didn't worry about fixing problems, they just scared the customer to another dealer or scared them into giving good survey's. The point of the survey is to help the dealership find it's short-comings and help the customer out by fixing them, but many just use it as a money getting system, and GM is also partly to blame because they will just start chopping heads, they sometimes will not work with the dealership and try to solve the problems, they just start cutting benefits or whatever.
    I would say find a new dealership and service department. The way that was handled sounds very thuggish, I would not be returning there, even to get my ordered part installed.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.