I'm having an issue with Tustin Cadillac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac Dealership Reviews Discussion, I'm having an issue with Tustin Cadillac in Cadillac Reviews; ...
    LUVMYSRX is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm having an issue with Tustin Cadillac

I have not visited forum in a while since my car for the most part has been running very well. Today, I just need to vent since I am furious at Tustin Cadillac service. I am looking for suggestions for a dealership in Orange County, CA that still understands that a service department should provide good service.

I just picked up my car from Tustin Cadillac today and they cannot seem to get it right. This experience began almost five months ago. I had a few warranty issues (which I let accumulate so I could make only one visit). The main issue was the stabilitrak would engage for no reason, the check engine light kept coming on, and the car would leak oil. The other issues were mostly cosmetic (the upholstery on the visor was splitting from the homelink, the buttons on the memory seat was peeling).

The stabilitrak issue would give error codes but they could never find the issue. The oil leak took three tries before they acknowledged the car was leaking oil and tried to resolve it (like I had nothing better to do than to fabricate problems). The cosmetic issues were special orders so they ended up keeping the car for a week to address all of my issues. The worse part about it…none of the issues were resolved after a week of service. When I picked up the car, the check engine light was still on. To make matters even worse, I ended up being charged a week for the rental car (over $700 for the week). It took Tustin Cadillac three months to correct this mistake (their reason was because they had to get the authorization from GM since the rental was a result of warranty issues).

I took it in a second time but it turned out the parts were sent back after a week (which they stated was their policy). I mentioned my volume issue when toggling from XM, FM and the RSE and the constant shuffling of the CD changer (a well documented issue in this forum). They first tried to tell me this was normal and that I should only use my front DVD player to watch DVDs in the back (what a crock…they were better off telling me they were unfamiliar with the issue rather than making up that BS). Then I told them to look up past bulletins which addresses the problem. They ended up calling me to schedule another appointment since they ordered a new radio for me. Oh did I mention when they were fiddling around with my GPS, they lost my navigation DVD? I escalated this issue to the service manager who promised me a replacement, but to this day I am still driving without it.

Third visit for the same issues, they replaced the GPS/CD changer unit. They still could not fix my other cosmetic issues since they still did not have the special order parts. When I picked up the car this time, they told me they could not tune into any FM stations on the new unit so they put the old one back in.

Forth visit was today…for the same issues that began five months ago. They replaced the GPS unit and the memory switch. The homelink visor turned out to be the wrong color so they have to order it again. Which means another visit. As I am resetting all of my radio stations tonight (something that Tustin Cadillac needs to take notes from Lexus dealers who set everything the way it was when it came in), I noticed that the black plastic on the GPS unit was peeling. Upon closer inspection the GPS unit is badly scratched in multiple places. I suspect that this is not a refurbished unit but one that was sitting in their part department. Yes, a fifth visit!

The amusing part of this was the Tustin Cadillac service rep that called me after each visit and the numerous mailings from Tustin Cadillac wanting an “Excellent” and “Very Satisfied” survey feedback. Are they kidding me? After my third visit, I told the Service manager to stop the calls and mailings.

Some might say I am a glutton for punishment. Why would I keep going back there? I tried to be patient and went to them out of sheer convenience from my house. However, today was the end of the line. At this point I cannot overlook their incompetence and now I need to seek another dealer. My frustration is that now I have to go out of my way to another dealer. Tustin Cadillac is located in the perfect location but their service is beyond HORRIBLE!

Thank you for those who read my banter and sympathize with me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

re: I'm having an issue with Tustin Cadillac

I feel for you. Sounds like service I used to get from a local Oldsmobile dealer. Thankfully my Cadillac dealer is top notch and the reason I will consider no vehicle other than a Cadillac so long as that continues. Good luck.

Fyreman235 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 SRX n* lx/perf

Allen Cadillac in San Juan Capistrano has provided me with outstanding service. I live in Illinois, but spend winters in San Clemente, and have taken my 05 AWD N* there a number of times. They treat you like a king, but I sometimes feel like I am being gouged a little on charges. Maybe all Cadillac service shops are a little pricy!

PS: My service rep is Mike Burroughs. Give him a call at Allen.

CadillacStyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I agree. Tustin Cadillac is so horrible it can't be explained until you experience it. Makes me wish I bought Lexus or Mercedes. It's sad because the dealership reflects on the car company.

grw9192 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Thumbs up re: I'm having an issue with Tustin Cadillac

Tustin Cadillac is a wonderful dealer. I have purchased my third Cadillac from Tustin. I have the same salesperson each time and the same service adviser Richard for all of my service work. They are the only dealer I know of open on Saturday and supply their own Cadillac loan car for my service work if needed over night. I had nothing but problems with my last Mercedes which I traded and would never buy another one. My neighbor has had two Mercedes and loves them. I guess all company’s make a bad product once in a while. I’m in the real estate business and fully understand how hard it is to please everyone all the time. Tustin Cadillac has been wonderful to deal with and I highly recommend them.

CadillacStyle is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by grw9192 View Post
    Tustin Cadillac is a wonderful dealer. I have purchased my third Cadillac from Tustin. I have the same salesperson each time and the same service adviser Richard for all of my service work. They are the only dealer I know of open on Saturday and supply their own Cadillac loan car for my service work if needed over night. I had nothing but problems with my last Mercedes which I traded and would never buy another one. My neighbor has had two Mercedes and loves them. I guess all company’s make a bad product once in a while. I’m in the real estate business and fully understand how hard it is to please everyone all the time. Tustin Cadillac has been wonderful to deal with and I highly recommend them.
    I wish I could agree. They're only open for service on Saturday for oil changes. The service people are rude. They act like they're doing me a favor. The first time I went in for service, the guy brought me into his office and then started organizing his desk and files. I'm not kidding, I stood there and looked at him for a good 2-3 minutes while he's straightening up his desk, then he finally said, "You name?"

I'm not hard to please but this was one of many rude visits. This is my first Cadillac and I strongly feel that this will probably be my last. Let's face it, there are some problems with the SRX, so the service should be exceptional to make up for the car. But car and service has been a let down.

Rogue Cadillac is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I bought my first Cadillac at Allen Cadillac in San Juan Capistrano. I was very impressed with their friendly sales staff. I later brought it back for service and they were great. I waited for the car, my service advisor kept me up to date on how much longer it was going to take. They even offered to wash the car. They offer shuttle service too. So in those two instances, I was impressed with Allen Cadillac's customer service and I would not hesitate to go back there.

Allen Cadillac has a website. They are located right off of I-5 in Mission Viejo just passed Crown Valley Parkway.

Allen is at the Avery exit, about a block from the 5. Very easy to get to. Last time I was in for single-day service, they got me a CTS from Enterprise (right down the street) to drive while they worked on my SRX. As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I don't even live in Southern California but they treated me like I owned the place. If Tustin is giving you a tussle, give Allen a try.

vickie1mom is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Loyal Tustin Cadillac Customer Since 1991 And Still Counting

Let me start out by saying that it always seems to be the disgruntled person who makes the most noise, so I want to speak up an tell you that I am a long time satisified and happy customer of Tustin Cadillac.

Today I was looking for the Tustin Cadillac website and when I saw the list of Tustin Cadillac names I wasn't quite sure which one to click on so I ventured farther down the list I saw your comments about Tustin Cadillac being a horrible dealership.

Let me say that is the last impression I've had for the last 16+ years I've been doing business with them. They have always given me a great deal, good service, and a friendly attitude (even on Saturdays when I come for my oil change).

I bought my first Cadillac (1991 Deville) from them when Tustin Cadillac was still owned by the Mcleans and was located at the entrance of the Tustin Auto Center. I got it from the same sales person (Paul Thomas) that I got my 2006 CTS from and my 2005 CTS, 2004 SRX, 2003 Escalade, 2000 Catera, 1998 Oldsmobile Cutlass, and 1994 Eldorado (had to try out a Mercedes Benz between 1995 and 1997), and I hope if he's still there to get my 2008 CTS from him.

I can honestly say that Tustin Cadillac and 99.9% of all the people who work there have always treated me courtesly and with respect. If not I sure wouldn't have given them my business. I have spent many a day at Tustin Cadillac getting my oil changed, tires rotated, etc., and have had plenty of warranty work done (especially as you mentioned on the trim on my 2004 SRX which by coincendence happend to be a Black V8 AWD without UltraView which I wanted but they didn't have at the time), and replacing the CD Changer which never did work right but I don't blame Tustin Cadillac.

Maybe I'm just a little more tolerant when it comes to pointing fingers at the people working at the dealerships. I believe it's the factory you should take your rage out on . Case in point my 1997 Mercedes. It had problems with the fuel gage, and I never knew if the car was full, empty, or what. It would read empty and I couldn't put more than a few gallons in because it was almost full or I'd run out of gas because I thought I had half a tank. Now this was a problem. I took it to the dealer I bought it from and they replaced the sending unit at least 4 or 5 times. They blamed it on the summer fuel, and then on the winter fuel, they even said Toyota made some of the parts in the sender that failed. Now they may have been as you so politely say BSing me, but I'm sure they were doing the best they could to fix my problem according to what the factory told them to do and say. I know for a fact they don't make money by trying to chase people away, or irritate them. I didn't and still don't blame the dealership for that problem car, but I didn't buy a Mercedes again, but if one of my friends wants to buy one and asks me for a recommendation I wouldn't have any qualms about pointing them to the dealership that sold and serviced my troubled one (I also don't hold grudges, I may try a Mercedes again sometime).

I hated the fact that my SRX CD player kept working sometimes even without the ignation being on, but Tustin Cadillac replaced it with the one GM told them to and it did the same thing. Do I blame Tustin Cadillac? I guess I could, but that isn't really the one I should be writing letters about or to, it should be GM. They are the ones who put out the faultly product and then let the dealer take the heat. They are the ones who when you have a bad piece of trim and it happens on thousands of cars have the part on back order. It's not like Tustin Cadillac didn't want to fix your particular car, they obliviously didn't have the part so they had to order it. I also know what it's like to go in an have that part not be there because it was sent back to the factory because I didn't respond in a fair and reasonable time when I was notified to pick it up. (Jack Holland, my service advisor, told me about how many parts a dealership orders for customers that never come back to get them or come in at their leisure weeks or months after they've been received and the customers been notified). It doesn't sound like an easy thing to keep control of and I'm sure sometimes mistakes happen....after all even car dealership people are human.

The bottom line, nobody likes to have problems with their automobile especially a new one, but I can guarantee you that the people at Tustin Cadillac, or any dealership for that matter are not trying to chase you away with bad service (if they were they won't be in business long and I'm sure they wouldn't have been calling asking if you were satisified). If you truely felt you were treated poorly or being lied to by the service advisor or the service manager, I would recommend you go to the Sales Manager (Tom Westwood), he's been there for at least 12 years or so and has helped me out when I had a loaner car problem and even he personally took my car back to be rewashed once when he was walking by and didn't like the way it was cleaned after service. Now that's what I call trying to keep the customer happy.

If they are your closest and the most convenient dealership available for you I would give them another try, and explain to your service adviser your past disapointments. I think you will find they will do everything they can to earn and keep your business.

TSS
    TSS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 Lade & 06 SRX (Gone); 2010 Enclave CXL; 2010 MKS Ecoboost

milochi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac SRX V8 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMYSRX View Post
    [COLOR=black] Oh did I mention when they were fiddling around with my GPS, they lost my navigation DVD? I escalated this issue to the service manager who promised me a replacement, but to this day I am still driving without it.
    Well I too have this problem after replacement of the entire CD/Nav assembly. Mine however wasn't with Tustin as I live out in Corona. It has been over a month and I am still waiting on Dutton Cadillac in Riverside to get my Nav disk back! They told me they have to wait for Delco to return to them instead of just offering my a new/loaner disk. It seems these days that customer service just isn't what it once was...

Regards,
    Milo

G.A.R.Y. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 93 allante black

I had similar4 issue with my co6 vette. It's no wonder that Lexus is kicking the crap out of GM.

jeffdeg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 Escalade EXT

I Whole Heartily agree that Tustin Cadillac has a horrible service department! i purchased my Escalade brand new from them and let me say that the sales side was great; I was going in and out of that dealership multiple times "making sure" and they where low pressure and very cordial each and every time. BUT when i started to take my car in for service that was a whole different story. long stories short i would bring my truck in for multiple little problems that i would let pile up so i would limit my trips for service, and almost every time i would pick up the truck there would always be problems that were never repaired; on the invoice it would have the popular scape goat "customer concern not duplicated". this was made more infuriating because my service adviser Richard (a nice enough guy) called me to say that the truck was ready (after multiple days to weeks) i would always ask "did they fix every thing?" and every time Richard would reply "Yep, its all fixed".

Enough was enough and i brought my truck to Nabers Cadillac in Costa Mesa, CA and two of the "concern not duplicated problems were magically repaired over night! the two problems were a loss of power steering during the occasional parking lot maneuver and the Nav unit would restart on its own while i was driving.

Tustin never could find a problem with the steering, but Nabers quickly discovered the power steering pump was bad and replaced it. With the radio Tustin did try replacing the radio, but this did not resolve the problem so i brought it back, so they replaced the radio again and again and again. I was on my fifth radio when I went to Nabers and they discovered the cable that connected to the radio was loose on the other end.

I am going to go to Nabers for service from NOW on, but when it comes time for my next Caddy i will go see Ben at Tustin, my parents just bought a DTS from him and he is still very cordial, knowledgeable, and Low low pressure, like a Cadillac representative should be.

yellowxhoodie is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

sounds like you should take up a claim with the better business bureau.
    check out http://chicago.bbb.org/complaint.html

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.