Quality issues with YOUR Cadillac (current models only, please)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Feedback Discussion, Quality issues with YOUR Cadillac (current models only, please) in Open Letters to Cadillac Corporate; Every day I'm here I see people expressing issues with the Quality of Cadillacs new product.. Please state what your ...
    Lord Cadillac is offline Cadillac Maniac
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade

Quality issues with YOUR Cadillac (current models only, please)

Every day I'm here I see people expressing issues with the Quality of Cadillacs new product.. Please state what your issues are here...

Thank you...
    Please help us keep CadillacOwners.com online. Become a Site Supporter today. You'll get more than a "thank you" in return.

In loving memory of Angelo Anthony Quagliaralillo... Rest in peace..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Ramlo1941 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Re: Quality issues with YOUR Cadillac (current models only, please)

Why does my 1998 Cadillac Deville with only 45,000 driven miles now needs a Inst Panel Cluster? Is there an active warranty on it by the Cadillac company? Is this the reason for "Starting Disabled" msg on the dash?

Ramlo1941 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1998 Cadillac Deville

Unhappy Re: Quality issues with YOUR Cadillac (current models only, please)

Hello again, I just got a call from my Caddy Dealer here in Cleveland, Ohio, it is costing me $865.00 for the repair of my 98 Caddy Deville Instrument Cluster. It should bd ready about now. Can someone tell me if this is real? It only has 45,000 driven miles. I think the Cadillac people should be concerned about a matter like this. What do you think? Any suggestions?

train55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS, Lincoln MKX

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cadillac View Post
    Every day I'm here I see people expressing issues with the Quality of Cadillacs new product.. Please state what your issues are here...

Thank you...

Lord Cadillac,

Thanks for providing a place to express quality issues. I sent the following e-mail to Cadillac through their "contact us" web site feature. Thought I would share it with the Cadillac Owners Forum. Recently a new problem ocurred that is not in the e-mail. It's my compass. It works for awhile, then stops working, I recalibrate and it's fine again for a while. I have not taken the CTS in yet to have the compass fixed.

Train55

Cadillac Division of General Motors
    December 11, 2007

On November 3, 2007 I took delivery of my 2008 Cadillac CTS. I really enjoy the way the car handles on the road and the technological innovations in the car. I think it is the perfect blend of driveability and technology. However, the quality of the car has been disappointing. In the spirit of providing customer feedback, I’d like to explain my disappointment in the car’s quality.

The following is a summary of the car’s service problems and their resolutions:

• Nov 27, 2007-Car brought into dealer service for a low noise rumble coming from the rear of the vehicle. Outcome was the installation of 3 exhaust dampners which improved the problem but did not completely resolve it. The noise occurred at two different speed levels, normal driving speeds (30 MPH to 40 MPH) and slow driving speeds (5MPH and less). The normal driving speed noise issue was resolved. (Service Order CDCS32388)

• Dec 6, 2007-Car brought into dealer service for a low noise rumble coming from the rear of the vehicle at low driving speeds. Outcome was the installation of an additional exhaust dampner which significantly improved the problem but did not 100% eliminate it. I can accept the small amount of noise but I have never had this type of problem on any other vehicle. The vehicle was also serviced for a plugged washer nozzle on the driver’s side. Outcome was the washer works fine. (Service Order CDCS32843)

• Dec 10, 2007-Car brought into dealer service to request replacement of a piece of Scotchcal protective plastic on the driver’s side rear door which is not properly adhering to the car and allows road grim and salt to collect in it. Outcome was the part was ordered and I am waiting for its installation. (no service order written)

• Dec 11, 2007-Car brought into dealer for resolution of a message in the Driver’s Information Center regarding “Service needed for tire pressure monitoring system”. Outcome was recalibration of the system and it is working fine. The service advisor pointed out the monitoring system can become disabled by pushing both the “lock” and “unlock” buttons on the remote at the same time. I actually do not use the remote at all because I discovered when I first drove the car in November that the remote hangs too low from the ignition and therefore would cause my knee to bump into it when driving. (no service order written)

In closing I would like to complement the service organization at my dealer for their responsiveness and professionalism in resolving the CTS problems. However, I do not think I should have needed them to resolve any of these kinds of problems.

Prior to purchasing the CTS, I have owned several new vehicles. Among them were a 2004 Toyota Sienna and a 2004 Toyota Highlander. I did not have any quality issues with either of those vehicles. I also had recently purchased a 2007 Honda Accord and it did not have a single quality issue. We bought my wife a new 2007 Lincoln MKX in July of this year and have not had quality issues with it. For a first time Cadillac buyer, I am very disappointed in what I thought would be the best quality car I have purchased in recent years.

Regards,

CadillacSTS42005 is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS4 1SG: GM Acc Lights, Corsa, Platnium Grille, Volant

Quote Originally Posted by train55 View Post
    Lord Cadillac,

Thanks for providing a place to express quality issues. I sent the following e-mail to Cadillac through their "contact us" web site feature. Thought I would share it with the Cadillac Owners Forum. Recently a new problem ocurred that is not in the e-mail. It's my compass. It works for awhile, then stops working, I recalibrate and it's fine again for a while. I have not taken the CTS in yet to have the compass fixed.

Train55

Cadillac Division of General Motors
    December 11, 2007

On November 3, 2007 I took delivery of my 2008 Cadillac CTS. I really enjoy the way the car handles on the road and the technological innovations in the car. I think it is the perfect blend of driveability and technology. However, the quality of the car has been disappointing. In the spirit of providing customer feedback, I’d like to explain my disappointment in the car’s quality.

The following is a summary of the car’s service problems and their resolutions:

• Nov 27, 2007-Car brought into dealer service for a low noise rumble coming from the rear of the vehicle. Outcome was the installation of 3 exhaust dampners which improved the problem but did not completely resolve it. The noise occurred at two different speed levels, normal driving speeds (30 MPH to 40 MPH) and slow driving speeds (5MPH and less). The normal driving speed noise issue was resolved. (Service Order CDCS32388)

• Dec 6, 2007-Car brought into dealer service for a low noise rumble coming from the rear of the vehicle at low driving speeds. Outcome was the installation of an additional exhaust dampner which significantly improved the problem but did not 100% eliminate it. I can accept the small amount of noise but I have never had this type of problem on any other vehicle. The vehicle was also serviced for a plugged washer nozzle on the driver’s side. Outcome was the washer works fine. (Service Order CDCS32843)

• Dec 10, 2007-Car brought into dealer service to request replacement of a piece of Scotchcal protective plastic on the driver’s side rear door which is not properly adhering to the car and allows road grim and salt to collect in it. Outcome was the part was ordered and I am waiting for its installation. (no service order written)

• Dec 11, 2007-Car brought into dealer for resolution of a message in the Driver’s Information Center regarding “Service needed for tire pressure monitoring system”. Outcome was recalibration of the system and it is working fine. The service advisor pointed out the monitoring system can become disabled by pushing both the “lock” and “unlock” buttons on the remote at the same time. I actually do not use the remote at all because I discovered when I first drove the car in November that the remote hangs too low from the ignition and therefore would cause my knee to bump into it when driving. (no service order written)

In closing I would like to complement the service organization at my dealer for their responsiveness and professionalism in resolving the CTS problems. However, I do not think I should have needed them to resolve any of these kinds of problems.

Prior to purchasing the CTS, I have owned several new vehicles. Among them were a 2004 Toyota Sienna and a 2004 Toyota Highlander. I did not have any quality issues with either of those vehicles. I also had recently purchased a 2007 Honda Accord and it did not have a single quality issue. We bought my wife a new 2007 Lincoln MKX in July of this year and have not had quality issues with it. For a first time Cadillac buyer, I am very disappointed in what I thought would be the best quality car I have purchased in recent years.

Regards,
    ROFL
    You realize you went from two Toyota's one of which a MINI van to at LEAST a 265 HP V6, i think its a safe bet that there going to be some increase in exhaust noise i mean common now.

train55 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 Cadillac CTS, Lincoln MKX

CadillacSTS2003,

Believe it or not, I do realize there is a difference between a Toyota and a Cadillac.

You didn't mention my Honda accord in your reply. Well, that was an Accord EX-L V6 that has 268 HP. In addition I have owned a Corvette with 300 HP. I think I know how exhaust systems should sound. I didn't get into a lot of detail in my Quality Issues post but it might help if you knew that the sound resonated through out the cabin. It was not the sound of a great exhaust note but a low decible rumble through out the cabin. There's quite a diiference between a great exhaust note and resonating rumble that occurs at different speeds.

By the way, your response inludes a message "CAUTION:
    ---what may have been stated in the above post may be a "QUIP" reader discretion is advised---" What does this mean??

Train55

vipermann1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac Escalade 2007

Smile Re: Quality issues with YOUR Cadillac (current models only, please)

Hi All,

I have had it with problems with my 2007 Escalade. Can someone contact me for a Lemon Law buy back please!!!!

If there is someone from GM-Cadillac who is reading this, please feel free to contact me.

Thanks,
    Uzy Malik

It's been in repair for so many issues including but not limited to:

Safety System Failures:
    • Stabilitrack Failure
    • Traction Control Failure
    • Air Bag Sensor Failure

Mechanical Failures:
    • Transmission – Replaced early this year.
    • Replacement Transmission needed repair – Failed Valve Assembly (few months ago)
    • Engine Noise from Belt – System Lubed
    • 2nd Repair Engine Noise from Belt – Belt Tensioner replaced
    • Navigation – Failed during a business trip leaving me lost in Riverside.
    • Air-Conditioner – Failed during the 100 degree heat wave.
    • 1st key fab stopped working – Leaving my wife stranded at the Thousand Oaks mall
    • 2nd key fab failed working – Leaving me stranded at work

Other Hardware Failures & Quality Issues:
    • Excessive wind noise from both front doors – Requiring 2 different repairs.
    • Outer Door Trim warped during Memorial Day Weekend.
    • Electrical Wiring near door trip floorboard exposed on 3 sides on initial purchase.
    • 3rd row back seat panel loose
    • Trim around Radio was scratched
    • “Cut” in leather seat on second row.

I did speak with the service manager at my dealership where I purchased the car. He said and I do quote, "You havn't had enough problems or problems serious enough to qualify for a buy back".

Thanks,
    Uzy Malik

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.