SRX issue
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By orconn
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, SRX issue in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Well I have a major problem with both my local dealer and my SRX. Let me start with the history ...
    waleed1980 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

SRX issue

Well I have a major problem with both my local dealer and my SRX. Let me start with the history of my car. I have a 100,000 KM warrantee on my car and about 5 months at 80,000KM I took the car to my dealer because the engine light came on and the engine was vibrating dangerously on the high way at speed which i thought was a problem with the engine obviously. When I took it in to the dealer they told me the problem was dirty filters which I didn't BELIVE.

I took the car and the problem didn't go away even though it was better than before. But the engine light didn't come on so I was ok with it. When my car got to 102,000 km the engine light came on and the car drove funny. I took it again to the dealer and now I think because the warrantee is up they told me that I have problems with the crank, the timing for the valves and something about the exhaust system.

I need help in dealing with my dealer I think they are trying to con me they want over 3000 dollars in repairs so I told them I had this problem when I had the warrantee and that they should fix it because they are playing games with me.

What can I do.... I need help dealing with these people.

What happened has really made me lose confidence in both GM and Cadillac as a reliable car manufacturer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: Srx issue

Your computer address says you're in/near Kuwait. You'll probably get no help from Cadillac U.S..

Well I think Cadillac us should be very interested in how dealers abroad treat there clients as these clients are buying into the us car manufacturers history and quality services if they don't they are the ones who will lose clients around the world and if what you say is true and they don't care then they deserve to lose clients and I for one will be someone who will never again buy a car from mg and I will advise all my family and friends to do the same.

Re: SRX issue

Somewhere in the pages of threads in this forum there is a series of posts referring to a Cadillac owner and problems with a ??? Saudi Arabian ??? dealership. Cadillac U.S. basically replied that they could not compel that dealership to repair the customer's car out of warranty - or something close.

I cannot speak for GM/Cadillac U.S. - only offer insight from what I read in these forums and the replies. We have our own litany of problems with dealership service and warranty right here in-country.

I would hazard a guess that in Kuwait, just as in the U.S., a Cadillac dealership is a franchise sold by GM. The owners of the dealership itself dictate the service and attitude policies.

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

No problem, Saudis have lots of money. They have to pay the Cadillac tax just like everybody else.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

So basically what your saying submariner409 is that as long as the person paying GM for the franchise they can do what the want with the GM client who trust in the product.

I see that as bad management and doing the opposite to what they should which is keeping this hard earned trust over the years and it also means the have a bad quality product. And many the American government made a bad decision long term in helping them out when they almost went bust. Because they will definitely lose at least me as a buyer.

Any way thank you for the help submariner409

Many dealers don't do anything for the customer that has the potential for costing them a nickel out of their own pocket. There is a rule book they follow and the customer gets nothing that is not specifically allowed for by the most strict reading of that book. GM wrote this book and they have good lawyers. The most crocodile of tears are not going to melt their stone hearts. Caveat Emptor.

orconn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS

Waleed, if Japanese car or German car (or other) dealers give good service in Saudi Arabia I would definitely take your business to these dealerships.
    dkozloski likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orconn View Post
    Waleed, if Japanese car or German car (or other) dealers give good service in Saudi Arabia I would definitely take your business to these dealerships.
    Amen. The guys doing the best job are worthy of reward.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by waleed1980 View Post
    Well I have a major problem with both my local dealer and my SRX. Let me start with the history of my car. I have a 100,000 KM warrantee on my car and about 5 months at 80,000KM I took the car to my dealer because the engine light came on and the engine was vibrating dangerously on the high way at speed which i thought was a problem with the engine obviously. When I took it in to the dealer they told me the problem was dirty filters which I didn't BELIVE.

I took the car and the problem didn't go away even though it was better than before. But the engine light didn't come on so I was ok with it. When my car got to 102,000 km the engine light came on and the car drove funny. I took it again to the dealer and now I think because the warrantee is up they told me that I have problems with the crank, the timing for the valves and something about the exhaust system.

I need help in dealing with my dealer I think they are trying to con me they want over 3000 dollars in repairs so I told them I had this problem when I had the warrantee and that they should fix it because they are playing games with me.

What can I do.... I need help dealing with these people.

What happened has really made me lose confidence in both GM and Cadillac as a reliable car manufacturer.
    Hello waleed1980,

I'm sorry to hear are experiencing trouble with both your SRX and dealership. We certainly do not want you to have a poor image of General Motors. Although I am unable to supply you with a resolution, I am happy to provide you contact information for our Customer Care Team in your region. Please private message me the country you are located in.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Katie, he's in Kuwait. Post #2.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Our apologies, Submariner409.

Waleed1980, if you are still looking to contact a regional representative in regard to the dealership issue you experienced, you can do so by phone at 9714-314-3408 or online at https://ae-en.cadillacarabia.com/contact-us.html. I apologize for the delay, and I hope you find this information helpful.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.