Dealership service issues
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Dealership service issues in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I currently own a 2013 ATS that I have had to bring to the dealer (Riverside Chevrolet Cadillac in Rome, ...
    lsfourwheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual

Dealership service issues

I currently own a 2013 ATS that I have had to bring to the dealer (Riverside Chevrolet Cadillac in Rome, GA) to fix two issues. One was a rattle from the rear subwoofer and the other was for a power steering issue. I have had to bring the car to the dealer a total of 7 (7!!) times just to fix two problems. The dealer actually never fixed the power steering so I had to get the bulliten myself and I was able to find and fix the issue. Both problems have service bullitens provided by GM that give clear instructions on how to resolve the issue yet the dealer seemed unable to thoroughly follow them. Had anyone else had similar experiences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Dealership service issues

Typical service story
    1.Drive in to schedule visit to troubleshoot complaint that's so obvious a blind man could see it..
    2.Drive in for troubleshooting and schedule repair visit.
    3.Drive in for repair. Car sits for a week before entering shop.
    4.Car sits for another week waiting for parts.
    5.Wrong part ordered wait another week for correct part.
    6.Part received is defective. Wait another week for part.
    7.Car had been dragged from shop. Wait another week to be dragged back in.
    8.Week later car returned to owner. Car has a half inch accumulation of dust and dirt. Nothing cleaned; not even windows.
    Grease on the steering wheel.
    9. Short time later part fails again. This time owner gets own parts from NAPA and fixes himself.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Dave, your post sounds like you took it straight from a patron of a certain Cadillac dealership in Bethesda, Md. On the other hand, Fitzgerald Cadillac in Annapolis, MD gets one of my highest "Attaboy !" ratings for sales and service at an automobile dealership anywhere - and as you know, I bounced around quite a bit during my 25 year USN career. Had the pleasure and the pain of a number of different brand dealerships/shops.

Many Cadillac dealerships - saleswise - seem to have adopted the old used car salesman's mantra: "There's an ass for every seat."

As Mark Knopfler once sang: "........ we gotta move those refrigerators; we gotta move them color TVs ! Getchur money for nothin', getchur chicks for free ................"

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by lsfourwheeler View Post
    I currently own a 2013 ATS that I have had to bring to the dealer (Riverside Chevrolet Cadillac in Rome, GA) to fix two issues. One was a rattle from the rear subwoofer and the other was for a power steering issue. I have had to bring the car to the dealer a total of 7 (7!!) times just to fix two problems. The dealer actually never fixed the power steering so I had to get the bulliten myself and I was able to find and fix the issue. Both problems have service bullitens provided by GM that give clear instructions on how to resolve the issue yet the dealer seemed unable to thoroughly follow them. Had anyone else had similar experiences?
    Hi isfourwheeler,

I apologize you’ve had an unsatisfactory experience at your local dealership. Your time is important to us. Are all of your concerns fixed right now? In the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us for additional support. We are happy to locate another dealership in your area or work closely with your preferred dealership to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

There is no local dealer here. The nearest is 360 miles away. There is one GM dealer but going to them is like going to the local crooked card game because it's the only game in town. With no local dealer, Cadillac sightings are becoming fewer and farther apart. It's like owning an exotic car like a Maybach or a Hupmobile. An owner has to be able to do his own repairs. Soon they'll become a distant memory.

lsfourwheeler is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T Manual

Katie, the actual problems with my car have been resolved but my true issue is with the service experiences I had with my dealer. Based on dkozloski's post it seems I am not alone with the terrible dealer service experiences. Something should really be done soon or Cadillac will not be able to retain any of its customers.

With my local situation the upside is that the dealer eventually got his wings clipped and is no longer a Cadillac dealer. The downside is that now there is no dealer at all or maybe that's the upside. In any case I'm either at the mercy of the local dirt floor shops or I do my own work. As long as Chris at Rippy comes through with parts thats what I'll do.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

I believe that a Cadillac "dealership" is NOT part of Cadillac Division, General Motors - rather they are independent businesses franchised to sell and service Cadillacs. They work with and within Cadillac Division but are not part of the corporation, so much of the dealership's policy and attitude is set by the local owner/management. GM, or in our case CCC, can work with them to help a warranty customer or prospective buyer, but if the dealership continues to generate complaints then GM will pull the franchise.

A case in point was GM Giant in Easton, MD - 33 miles from here. Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC. Some years ago they got into hot water with GM over payments, floorplanning, and taxes so GM pulled the franchises, sent in 30 car haulers and cleared the lot in one night. No cars, no sales = closed. I bought some spare parts and equipment from the auction. Now they're open under a new name - but no Cadillac franchise. GMC and Chevrolet only. The big Cadillac badge is still on the showroom outside front wall but it's covered with canvas.

A good friend was a salesman there ^^^, and I came within a gnat's whisker of buying a new Cadillac. Jack called me on a Tuesday and said to forget the deal - the place was closing at the end of the week. That was the end of my new Cadillac yearning forever.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.