Beware of Sioux Falls Auto Sales!!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Beware of Sioux Falls Auto Sales!!!! in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I write this email so nobody has such a bad experience as I got in my dealership. I also filed ...
    jcartru is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DHS 2002

Beware of Sioux Falls Auto Sales!!!!

I write this email so nobody has such a bad experience as I got in my dealership. I also filed a small claim suit against this business. The suit was denied by the judge because I could not proof fraud and
    the car was sold under AS IS warranty. At that time I did not know that meant, I had just come to the US and I trusted what the dealer told me believing in his professionalism. Despite of the verdict I would like everybody to know what I have been through. I don't pretend to be unique, I know there might be many others in my position but if you drive by Sioux Falls Auto Sales 1109 N Minnesota Ave Sioux Falls, SD 57103, please
    beware and don't make the same mistakes I made.

On september 27th 2013 I bought a cadillac deville DHS 2002 for 1500 $ (154000 mi). The seller told me it had some issues with the engine but it would just cost me around 1000 $ because it was just a
    gasket. I asked him for a mechanic shop, that he would trust so I could have the engine repaired. I drove the car to the mechanic shop he recommended and from the 27th of september until the 16th of december they kept repairing the engine in the shop. Finally I spent 2250 $ in getting it repaired.

Once I took it from the mechanic shop, I realized that the brakes were shaking and the power steering wheel was losing fluid. So I took it to another independent mechanic shop. I finally got it repaired. I spent 926.50 $ and I keep the bills and the parts that had to be repaired. I changed the brake rotors, pads, calipers, left wheel bearing and a wheel axle spindle nut. After that I had to have the power
    steering system fixed as I could not steer the car. Altogether the car had serious mechanic problems that could have caused an accident and that makes me very mad about all this. I paid 259.52 to have the power steering fluid leak repaired including having the radio reinstalled in the correct position as it had been attempted to be stolen. Also had to have the battery changed and paid 140 $ for it.

The car as appears in the car fax report had 153928 miles the 22nd of July 2013, I bought it the 27th of september, it had been in the mechanic shop due to the engine problems since then and as when I took the car to the second mechanic shop due to the brake and bearing wheel problems the odometer showed 154134 miles. This is also stated in my bill.

I talked with the seller and he said that the car was flawless when I took it from him, apart from the engine problems, and that the problems I have had were probably due to the work in the mechanic
    shop. I have talked with the mechanic and he says that the problems I had were not related to the work he had been doing in the engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Beware of Sioux Falls Auto Sales!!!!

Did you get kissed?
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

jcartru is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): DHS 2002

No I did not ask for that! But I don't believe I would get my kiss now!!

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

It's very sad but this is just another tale of a babe in the woods being fleeced by a wolf that knows the angles. If you buy an old FWD sidewinder Cadillac for a very low price that is offered as-is you can bet your bottom dollar that the head gaskets are blown and that is a very expensive repair. The rest of the stuff you encountered one expects to find on an older car.
    Next time have the car looked over by an independent mechanic working for you and trying to find the bad stuff and not the good stuff.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.