Chirping Sound in Engine...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Chirping Sound in Engine... in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; My Name is Joe and i have a 2011 Ctsv Coupe. It developed a squeak in the engine, that i ...
    Jbyrne23 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTSV

Chirping Sound in Engine...

My Name is Joe and i have a 2011 Ctsv Coupe. It developed a squeak in the engine, that i believe is the lifters or rockers. I brought it to a dealer in NJ and they will not warranty the vehicle due to an Aftermarket Heat Exchanger and an upgraded Heat exchanger pump. They wont begin work on the car without a Large deposit from me to determine what the failure is. From my experience the Heat exchanger has nothing at all to do with the current problem. The car was not altered in any way electronically, but a flag has now been on my vehicle. Any info you can give would be a great help

Joe
    2011 CTSV Coupe
    44,000 mi

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ForumRunner_20140708_073315.png

To me it most likely looks like a GM problem and not stepping up....nothing to do with my heat exchanger.....

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: Chirping Sound in Engine...

The only time I've seen lifter spalling like that the engine had been over revved outrageously and regularly.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

But on only one lifter? All other lifters look perfect and the cam showed no sign of wear, possibly because I caught it the second it made noise at a cold start. The car is driven mild to medium duty partially due to the heavy traffic in my area and has never been to the strip or track.

Maybe bad heat treatment on one lifter. Replace it, put the thing back together and see what happens.

Already done, and car runs great! Just upset over the fact GM was quick to shift the blame to me before looking into the car and denied my warranty claim over the HX. I payed for CPO car and I should have figured the second something went wrong this is what I'm in store for. Just some kind of compensation I feel would be fair, for a problem that should have been covered.

It seems to me that there is some federal legislation that requires that a causative relationship be developed between the mod and the failure before warranty coverage can be denied. For instance claiming that an after market heat exchanger would cause a brake system failure would be a stretch. The problem would be that you would have to hire an attorney and file suit which would take a hefty retainer just to get the slack out of the system.

I'm know I'm not the first with the spalling lifter problem, and I know I won't be the last. Can it be contributed to the use of Mobil 1? Or even just low grade metal on the lifter? Sure the car was modified, but in no way, shape, or form did a heat HX do this damage. Just very frustrated and I really appreciate people taking the time to read this and I hope it helps. I really think General Motors should have stepped to the plate on this one, or at least reimburse me for the parts needed to fix it...I feel it's not too much to ask to have my car now flagged for nonsense.

Do these threads get viewed by a rep or am I just waiting my time?

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    You could try contacting CCC directly, but realize that they have no direct power over any dealership. You may be better off getting in touch with the higher-ups at the dealer. Is it a chain dealership? Go to the regional manager.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbyrne23 View Post
    Already done, and car runs great! Just upset over the fact GM was quick to shift the blame to me before looking into the car and denied my warranty claim over the HX. I payed for CPO car and I should have figured the second something went wrong this is what I'm in store for. Just some kind of compensation I feel would be fair, for a problem that should have been covered.
    Hi Joe,

I apologize you are not satisfied with the outcome of the situation and I certainly understand how frustrating this must be. However, we use our technicians in the field as our eyes and ears when it comes to warranties and repairs. I am happy to document your comments and feedback in our system regarding your concern. Please feel free to private message me if you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Message sent.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbyrne23 View Post
    Message sent.
    Joe,

I'll be replying shortly!

Katie O.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.