2013 CTS-V Black Lemon
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2013 CTS-V Black Lemon in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Our caddy was delivered with numerous rock chips from the truck ride to the dealer. They tried to fix most ...
    2010 V-MAN is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTS-V

2013 CTS-V Black Lemon

Our caddy was delivered with numerous rock chips from the truck ride to the dealer. They tried to fix most of them but very hard to do with the black diamond color. In all total chips around 8 and an imperfection on the Hood near the cowl that is under the paint and we were told they would have to replace the Hood, that replacement is on the books and still pending.
    Since new December 23, 2013 we have been in the dealer to fix
    1. front carpet coming loose around console. secured
    2. passenger V-sill plate was missing, Driver side said V and the passenger said Cadillac. replaced
    3. front end noise going over speed bumps or just into drive way. replaced shock R front, 1900 miles
    4. Passenger front body-side molding coming off. replaced molding behind R front tire
    5. still noise from front-end. replaced both lower control arms with front-end alignment, did not look new to me when i got home and checked
    6. Driver window scratched on delivery, replaced the window fixed the Item causing scratching
    7. passenger window regulator went out and causing grinding noise, replaced regulator on passenger side
    8. car was color sanded and buffed on the areas that had the most chips, so some areas are clear and others you can still see orange peel in the clear.
    all of these repairs were at around 3000 miles or less

Now wife is taking it in tomorrow once again for front-end noise and the windows both sides are screeching on the way down. We made a video of the noise from the front-end and the windows so dealer can see and hear.
    we also now have a problem on two occasions the wife has started the car and it has sputtered and spat shook rattled and rolled and gave a display stating 50% engine power. She had to sit there for 35 minutes until the thing would start and run correct.

This is our third V, 2010 was the first, then 2012 and now the 2013. The 2013 is by far the worst.
    We lost the rear-end in the 2010, but I think that was widespread and we never had an issue with the 2012. Should have kept that one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, stick on fender vents
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

Re: 2013 CTS-V Black Lemon

You're not alone. A local friend has a 2013 -V and has had some of your identical problems, too. The last 5 years of fooling with others Cadillacs for fun and profit (various models and years) has convinced me that my 2002 STS is the last one.

cadillacpaul1979 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Wow sorry you are having so many issues with the car , but it's not a lemon , to be a lemon it has to have a major safety or drivability concern , from what I can read it's has had cosmetic issues other the the noise when going over bumps , people are so quick to call a car a lemon , I'm sure if the dealer said they replaced control arms they did , technicians get paid for doing repairs they would have nothing to gain from lying to the customer , make sure you drive with the technician and he hears the noise your hearing as well that will help

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.