Navigation 2005 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Navigation 2005 CTS in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I just tried my navi and it didn't work. So I took the navi disc out and out it back ...
    1blkcts is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Navigation 2005 CTS

I just tried my navi and it didn't work. So I took the navi disc out and out it back in and all I get is a display saying "disc initializing". Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Navigation 2005 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by 1blkcts View Post
    I just tried my navi and it didn't work. So I took the navi disc out and out it back in and all I get is a display saying "disc initializing". Any suggestions?
    Hi 1blkcts,

I am sorry you are experiencing difficulties with your navigation system. If you would like to PM me your VIN and contact information we can discuss this issue further. Have a great day.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello,

Ok my Vin is 1g6DP567050222305 2005 CTS
    My name is Edward Moore my phone number is 917-642-2947

----------

Also.. I tried to play a DVD just to see what would happen. It loaded the disk where I saw the Warner Bros symbol then shut off, blue screen, came on again, then shut off, blue screen. I haven't used the navigation for about a week. Please advise. Edward Moore 05 CTS vin # 1G6DP567050222305. 917-642-2947

Regards,

Ed Moore

Hello,

Ok my Vin is 1g6DP567050222305 2005 CTS
    My name is Edward Moore my phone number is 917-642-2947

----------

Also.. I tried to play a DVD just to see what would happen. It loaded the disk where I saw the Warner Bros symbol then shut off, blue screen, came on again, then shut off, blue screen. I haven't used the navigation for about a week. Please advise. Edward Moore 05 CTS vin # 1G6DP567050222305. 917-642-2947

Regards,

Ed Moore
    Hi Ed,

I reached out to my internal resources and was given two possible solutions. I would like to address the first solution and proceed from there. It is possible that your disk is out of date. The most current disc was released in 2009 with the SKU#09320NA. The SKU should be visible on the disc. If that is not the SKU on your disc, you may have one of the following discs:
    Each of the previous discs was replaced by SKU#09320NA. The SKU#09320NA disc can be purchased at gmnavigation.com for a price of $129.

This disc update is not guaranteed to fix the problem. As the warranty on your Navi system has elapsed, I would recommend contacting your dealer for a diagnostic fee quote and deciding if you would like to purchase the disc or have the diagnostic run on the Navi system.

If you have additional concerns you may also contact our infotainment tech Charmaine at (866) 790-5700 ext. 41338 or send them back my way.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hello Austin,

Thank you for the information.. I'll get right on it to see where to go from there.

Hello Austin,

Thank you for the information.. I'll get right on it to see where to go from there.
    Ed,

Hope everything goes smoothly. Please keep me posted with any developments and don’t hesitate to reach out to me if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.