Navigation buttons on the first gen CTS-V
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, Navigation buttons on the first gen CTS-V in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Okay before anyone starts to flame me, I do realize this should not be covered under warranty. Just looking for ...
    CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Navigation buttons on the first gen CTS-V

Okay before anyone starts to flame me, I do realize this should not be covered under warranty. Just looking for a little support from our favorite manufacturer.

To whom it may conern,

The paint on the buttons started peeling off of the buttons while the car was still under warranty. I thought the extended warranty would cover the buttons so I waited until the end of the extended warranty and found out the buttons where not covered. My reason is I did not want to get someone's old radio as a replacement for my new one.

Anyway, I tried to go to a dealer to get the buttons and I found out they can no longer sell them. I am willing to buy the buttons and put them in my self but for some reason they have decided to only let the authorized repair shops buy the buttons now. I realize I can send the radio in to get it repaired but I will be without a radio and it will cost me much more than the buttons. The other option is to do an exchange but if it is programmed incorrectly then I need to bring it to a dealer to get it fixed which = $$$. I work during the week when the dealers are open so I will need to take time off of work which is money lost as well.

The time and money spent will be much higher than if I just replace the buttons myself on the weekend.

So down to the request.

Either figure out a way to sell me a set of buttons so I can fix my radio.

or

Explain to me why they have done this. Not sure if you know why so I am hoping you will do a little research to find out who is responsible for this descision so that he can tell you why this was done.

If you have another option that I have missed, please let me know.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Navigation buttons on the first gen CTS-V

When should I expect a reply?

hcvone is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 CTSV Coupe , 2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX

We have purchased different radio/Nav knobs and buttons from these people you may want to try
    http://www.oemradios.com/parts.php

I wonder if they even read my thread. I am a bit disappointed in "Cadillac Cust Service".

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    I wonder if they even read my thread. I am a bit disappointed in "Cadillac Cust Service".
    Hello CTSV_Rob,

I apologize for the delayed response. Gregory and I did not mean to skip over your post as your concerns are very important to us. In order for us to look into this for you we will need you to send us a private message that includes your full contact information, VIN and dealership name and location. Thank you and we look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

I would rather not deal with the PMs here at the caddillac site. Do you have an email address I can use?

----------

Oh, and I didn't mind the delay too much until you answered another thread and did not even acknowledge mine. That's what prompted the response above.

I would rather not deal with the PMs here at the caddillac site. Do you have an email address I can use?

----------

Oh, and I didn't mind the delay too much until you answered another thread and did not even acknowledge mine. That's what prompted the response above.
    Hello CTSV_Rob,

You can reach out to us at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG/LAURA” in the subject line so it gets delivered to one of us. Thank you very much for your time and patience. Laura is out for the weekend, but I will be sure to be on the lookout for your email.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Car is parked at home but I will send the VIN off to you tomorrow.

----------

What do you need the Dealership name and location for? The reason I ask is I'm not sure if I would ever bring my car back to the dealership I purchased the car from. I brought the car to them for service, they scratched the wheel, then denied it. The service manager back then was an idiot and I really do not want to support that dealership if he is still employed there.

Car is parked at home but I will send the VIN off to you tomorrow.

----------

What do you need the Dealership name and location for? The reason I ask is I'm not sure if I would ever bring my car back to the dealership I purchased the car from. I brought the car to them for service, they scratched the wheel, then denied it. The service manager back then was an idiot and I really do not want to support that dealership if he is still employed there.
    Hello CTSV_Rob,

Laura is out of the office for the weekend, and I am not in the office on Sundays, but we will be sure to look for your email on Monday. I apologize that you have had this experience at your selling dealership. We asked for the dealership so we could reach out to them and inquire about this part as well. If you would rather work with another Cadillac dealership in the area, you can provide that as well. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. We will be on the lookout for your email.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.