SRX Bluetooth Compatiability - Does not work properly with Samsung Galaxy S4; TMobile
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, SRX Bluetooth Compatiability - Does not work properly with Samsung Galaxy S4; TMobile in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; Hello - I own a Cadillac SRX 2011 model which is still under warranty, for the past year and half ...
    MadhuSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2011

SRX Bluetooth Compatiability - Does not work properly with Samsung Galaxy S4; TMobile

Hello - I own a Cadillac SRX 2011 model which is still under warranty, for the past year and half I have been having issues with the blue tooth connections. I changed my
    Phone to a Galaxy S4 and my troubles started. Phone Pairs, but most of the console functionality is not available. I need to physically dial on my Phone. I can only use my
    the speakers and mic of the car. Dealer told me that S3 is not compatible device. I was asked to work with GM directly, they directed me to one of the GM rep told me the same. I was asked to check out the website www.onstar.com/web/bluetooth. I could not find Galasy S4 listed as a compatible phone. GM Reps point to Onstar and Onstar reps point to GM. Not sure what to do. My car is still under warranty and would like to get this resolved prior to that. At the point of purchase, I was never told that newer cell phones are may not be compatible. I considered getting 2014 model of SRX but I am holding off on that because I do not want to get caught in the same situation one year from now if I get a new phone. Has anyone out there has experienced similar issue and how did they get it fixed. Is there a legal option for me here to get this issue resolved. Please advice.

Regards
    M

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: SRX Bluetooth Compatiability - Does not work properly with Samsung Galaxy S4; TMo

Quote Originally Posted by MadhuSV View Post
    Hello - I own a Cadillac SRX 2011 model which is still under warranty, for the past year and half I have been having issues with the blue tooth connections. I changed my
    Phone to a Galaxy S4 and my troubles started. Phone Pairs, but most of the console functionality is not available. I need to physically dial on my Phone. I can only use my
    the speakers and mic of the car. Dealer told me that S3 is not compatible device. I was asked to work with GM directly, they directed me to one of the GM rep told me the same. I was asked to check out the website www.onstar.com/web/bluetooth. I could not find Galasy S4 listed as a compatible phone. GM Reps point to Onstar and Onstar reps point to GM. Not sure what to do. My car is still under warranty and would like to get this resolved prior to that. At the point of purchase, I was never told that newer cell phones are may not be compatible. I considered getting 2014 model of SRX but I am holding off on that because I do not want to get caught in the same situation one year from now if I get a new phone. Has anyone out there has experienced similar issue and how did they get it fixed. Is there a legal option for me here to get this issue resolved. Please advice.

Regards
    M
    Hello M,

I apologize that the phone you purchased may not be compatible with your vehicle. I do see that you started that you have worked with our Customer Care team already regarding this concern. Could you private message me with your VIN and case number so I can look further into this situation for you? If you are unable to private message me, you can also email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to us. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.