2011 CTS with incessant wheel noise is destroying tires
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac Customer Care Representatives - Warranty or Dealership problems Discussion, 2011 CTS with incessant wheel noise is destroying tires in Cadillac Customer Care - Warranty and Dealership questions; I have a 2011 CTS that has a noticeable wheel noise. When I first took it to the dealer, I ...
    srhotz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Premium

2011 CTS with incessant wheel noise is destroying tires

I have a 2011 CTS that has a noticeable wheel noise. When I first took it to the dealer, I was told it didn't exist. After persisting (4 visits), they agreed there was a problem, said it was alignment and argued with me about who would pay for that and the tires. In the end they split the cost of tires with me and covered the rest. Unfortunately, it didn't fix it. The noise is coming back. I believe the new tires masked the wobble and the underlying problem still exists. Is alignment changing? Is there something else wrong. I'm very disappointed with this vehicle and the dealer's inability to resolve the issue fully. Can someone from Cadillac help?

PS, the normal driver, my wife, is a GM engineer.
    VIN 1G6DS5ED2B0170404
    Dealer for repairs - Suburan Ann Arbor, MI

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

dkozloski is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Re: 2011 CTS with incessant wheel noise is destroying tires

Describe the noise and post a pic of the tread wear pattern.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by srhotz View Post
    I have a 2011 CTS that has a noticeable wheel noise. When I first took it to the dealer, I was told it didn't exist. After persisting (4 visits), they agreed there was a problem, said it was alignment and argued with me about who would pay for that and the tires. In the end they split the cost of tires with me and covered the rest. Unfortunately, it didn't fix it. The noise is coming back. I believe the new tires masked the wobble and the underlying problem still exists. Is alignment changing? Is there something else wrong. I'm very disappointed with this vehicle and the dealer's inability to resolve the issue fully. Can someone from Cadillac help?

PS, the normal driver, my wife, is a GM engineer.
    VIN 1G6DS5ED2B0170404
    Dealer for repairs - Suburan Ann Arbor, MI
    Hello srhotz,

I am sorry to hear that your CTS is experiencing this concern with its wheels. I would be more than happy to take a look into this situation. Please private message me your name, contact info, and mileage. If you are unable to private message me, you can also email me at socialmedia@gm.com with “ATTN GREG” in the subject line so that it gets delivered straight to me. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

lnrdthmpsn is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have a 2011 CTS, and was hearing a knocking noise while driving that got even worse when turning. I pulled into a Walmart parking lot, turned the wheel all the way to the right, looked into the wheel well and saw a pipe dangling. I called Cadillac Roadside Service who dispatched a "flatbed" tow, 3 1/2 hours later a front wheel claw tow arrived. I found out today the dangling bar was a Sway bar that snapped.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by lnrdthmpsn View Post
    I have a 2011 CTS, and was hearing a knocking noise while driving that got even worse when turning. I pulled into a Walmart parking lot, turned the wheel all the way to the right, looked into the wheel well and saw a pipe dangling. I called Cadillac Roadside Service who dispatched a "flatbed" tow, 3 1/2 hours later a front wheel claw tow arrived. I found out today the dangling bar was a Sway bar that snapped.
    Hello lnrdthmpsn,

I am sorry to hear that your CTS experienced this concern with the wheel. I also apologize that the tow truck that Cadillac Roadside Assistance contacted arrived three and a half hours later. Is your vehicle currently being serviced at a Cadillac dealership? I would be more than happy to assist you in working with them. Please private message me or send me an email with your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership that you are currently working with. I hope to hear from you soon.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.